• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordner to retire, Angus to re-sign

Hearing through a source in the club.. more to come

Really sad news if this is true

Comment

Sad if it's correct but think it's the best for Boyd , really bad watching him continually getting injured .Flip side is allows us to resign Gus

Comment

If true, this is really sad. Cords lives and breathes the RW&B. It’s sad to hear that he may retire due to concussions but his health comes first.

Comment

As long as we lock in Crichton I'm happy. Terrible news for Cords though, absolute legend of this club and a legend in the game, hope it's not true and that he can continue but if not it's been a great innings.

Comment

Very sad for Boyd.....but what a legacy he leaves !!!! Captain of his State and Country plus 3 Premierships with a club he literally bleeds for. A great humble man off the field by the looks of it also just as importantly. If true, lets celebrate our Captains career and a job well done
            Last edited by Easts75; 11-18-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I really hope this is not true. Boyd is a champion who deserves to retire on his own terms. Very unfortunate if so.

Comment

When you say source from the club do you mean the rumour discussed on 1170 SEN today?

Comment

retire or take a break and see how things look in a year's time? at 28 seems unlikely that he'd burn his bridges. read somewhere that he might be allowed to take a year off without affecting the salary cap.

Comment

I would have thought that he would give himself a fair bit of time on the sidelines and see how he goes before a sudden retirement.

Anyway, he deserves to go out on his own terms.

Comment

Boyd is only 28. I hope he doesn’t retire at this point in time. Take a few months off and see how he’s feeling then. We will resign Gus regardless. He loves the club and would take less money to stay.

Comment

Just listened to the bit from 'The Jimmy Smith Show' on 1170 SEN, in summary
                        • There is no conclusive info - its still very much speculation. Jimmy said he 'talked to Politis and Trent' but then doesn't say anything else about that and says its 'joining the dots'
                        • Their rumour person 'the postman' had mail on this 3 weeks ago straight after game three apparently
                        • Jimmy's main 'mail' is that Crichton is no longer on the market (regarding the rumour that the Roosters were shopping him around to other clubs for next year)
                        • Therefore the Roosters salary cap problems must be solved
                        • Therefore Cordner must be retiring

Comment

He would have to be medically retired & get his full 3 years contract money not included in the cap & if he feels like coming back in another year or 2 all good.
                          As I’ve posted before if it came down to Boyd or Gus I would take Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
                            Hearing through a source in the club.. more to come
                            Tomato, BBQ or soy?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                              retire or take a break and see how things look in a year's time? at 28 seems unlikely that he'd burn his bridges. read somewhere that he might be allowed to take a year off without affecting the salary cap.
                              Agreed - I think some are jumping the gun that if its true the Roosters are able to keep Crichton that Cordner must be retiring. For all we know the NRL may have made a decision on how sitting out a year due to concussion effects the cap and now the salary cap issue we have/had may be solved through that

Comment

Working...
                              X