Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad

Comment

Crighton might be taking less money too in re-signimg- wouldn't take much notice of rumours and "club sources" until its in black and white -

Comment

Boyd can join our coaching staff. His role is to train HEART. instil in the young guys (except Victor) what it is to bleed red white and blue. Keep his fitness up there and return 2021
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          Crighton might be taking less money too in re-signimg- wouldn't take much notice of rumours and "club sources" until its in black and white -
          why would Angus take less money? He would be in his prime to take advantage of a big contract from another club or union, I understand players like Aubo, friend and toops taking a bit less to stay, because I don’t think other clubs would pay that much more for them then what they were/are getting at the chooks.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            retire or take a break and see how things look in a year's time? at 28 seems unlikely that he'd burn his bridges. read somewhere that he might be allowed to take a year off without affecting the salary cap.
            10 years of service... should be up for a bit of long service leave?

Comment

Not surprised at all I heard a few months back the club were extremely concerned about Boyd’s health due to all the head knocks and that retirement was a possibility
              This is a chance to accelerate our pre pandemic efforts to re imagine economic systems that actually address issues like extreme poverty, inequality, and climate change.

Justin Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

10 years of service... should be up for a bit of long service leave?
                yep, get him ready for the next 10

Comment

Boyd is all heart. What a player! Easts legend.

As for retiring, even medically retiring him, both of Souths medically retired players were/are looking at comebacks. That’s precedent to never say never. Get paid, take a break. See what the other side looks like
                  Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

Comment

Yes, you would never say never, but I would be surprised if he doesn't retire next year, as sad as that may be.

Re-signing Angus needs to be a priority now.
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I would rather Boyd retired now than see him in 10 years and not remember who he played for.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                        I would rather Boyd retired now than see him in 10 years and not remember who he played for.
                        Im sure you'll remember...unless you have taken some head knocks.

Comment

Jake and Keary are also massive worries. Not to mention Teddy's two big concussions in a season.

Not good to have four of your most important players only a head knock away from being say out for many weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                            Jake and Keary are also massive worries. Not to mention Teddy's two big concussions in a season.

Not good to have four of your most important players only a head knock away from being say out for many weeks.
                            There are certainly some concerns about the composition of the 2021 roster, i'm concerned about the age and injury profile of next years roster, we saw this year an aging roster that ran out of gas late in the year sitting here today you can certainly see the same thing happening next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Im sure you'll remember...unless you have taken some head knocks.
                              haha.. I almost spat out the watermelon I am eating.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

There are certainly some concerns about the composition of the 2021 roster, i'm concerned about the age and injury profile of next years roster, we saw this year an aging roster that ran out of gas late in the year sitting here today you can certainly see the same thing happening next season.
                                If we don't get the horrific injury toll, I don't think we run out of gas. Considering all that happened, we almost got Penwiff, tad of luck we get them and a week off. Even though Jared was playing I think we was also busted in the back half of the year, didn't hit the line like we know he can.

Comment

Working...
                                X