• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manu to 6.
    This was my idea !!

Comment

Nice one Keith. I wonder if Rooster 6 still wants Hutch and Lam

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Personally I would still pick Hutch & Lam over Manu at 6. And to be honest we're probably comparing the wrong players because Tedesco played as the 6 in attack, Manu played as the fullback so I think it's probably more a question of whether Tedesco is a better 6 in attack than Lam/Hutchinson.

The 2 key issues I struggle with are distribution & kicking. If Walker is our only recognised kicker then it's way too easy for the defence to pick him off and put pressure on him, we saw this with Lam against Canberra every long kick he was under enormous pressure because Canberra knew which way it was going every time on last tackle. Teddy & Manu can contribute to the short kicking game but they don't have long kicking games. Neither have great long passing games either and that kind of distribution, even just the threat of it is so important so you keep the opposition team guessing and stretched across their defensive line, I think you could make an argument here that once Verrills and Radley are back that the distribution becomes less of an issue but having Verrills and Radley back on the same field still feels like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment and when Radley comes off you would have to substitute him with Keighran so we didn't lose anything in distribution so you're relying on a lot of other players to be available for selection to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Manu to 6.
        This was my idea !!
        I just love the "I told you so" type of person.
        Especially those who dig up old threads.

He hasn't proved anything at 6 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I just love the "I told you so" type of person.
          Especially those who dig up old threads.

He hasn't proved anything at 6 yet.
          Especially when you know it probably took a good hour for him to find it...

Comment

I'll bookmark it for you guys, and we can reminiscence about that one time when I was right about something

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

I think Manu is a little bit further in his development as a spine player than he was 24 months ago but I still think he has a lot to prove before he can be considered a 5/8, during his time at fullback he hasn’t displayed an ability to play within structure and can often run short side plays into a dead end as a result.

I’m interested to see how Robbo uses him.

And for what it’s worth I want Sam Walker or Luke Keary.

Comment

Manu is not the solution! We're weakening 3 positions by moving Manu to 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                  Manu is not the solution! We're weakening 3 positions by moving Manu to 6.
                  Agree. We should get rid of Momirovski, Smith and Allen and sign Wighton. We have two or three young centers coming through that can fill in as depth. Then we can leave Manu at 6 and Keary/Walker at half going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

This feels a little unfair to bump again but I think my answer would still be yes - at least Hutchison and Lam passed the ball and played with some level of structure around them.

Comment

Working...
                    X