New Path for Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    Every now and then I think Manu should switch it up and play inside stilli when we are in attacking range.
    He would be a great 5/8 but with Keary and Walker at 6 and 7 it won't happen at the roosters.

The chooks need to be more inventive to bring him into the game
    Robbo said so in the recent press conference.

Comment

This thread is brilliant.

Brain, Keith and Steakface by and large on the money on a number of fronts: Manu, Walker, Flanno....

Admin_6 consistently wrong.

Comment

Do any of the fortune tellers on here know tonight's lotto numbers by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
          This thread is brilliant.

Brain, Keith and Steakface by and large on the money on a number of fronts: Manu, Walker, Flanno....

Admin_6 consistently wrong.
          There’s no place for ball running halves with little to no ball playing ability in today’s game.

The game on Saturday was perfectly made for someone like Joey Manu. Canberra were soft as butter and we didn’t have to earn any of our field position, don’t be fooled into how good we looked on Saturday we were very lucky on a lot of fronts.

Having 2 genuine playmakers is critical, don’t let one game fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

There’s no place for ball running halves with little to no ball playing ability in today’s game.

The game on Saturday was perfectly made for someone like Joey Manu. Canberra were soft as butter and we didn’t have to earn any of our field position, don’t be fooled into how good we looked on Saturday we were very lucky on a lot of fronts.

How can you talk with your head wedged so far up your clacker bud?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

It’s an opinion, offer a counter thought or opinion.

Don’t be mad I banned your previous account.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

lol How about these people complimenting the coaching staff to Have 11 first graders out and come up with a win is a miracle I bet you no other club in this comp could do this and now we have lost Buthcher for several weeks And Liu for a couple.
                I bet you Ricky and the raiders were hoping to easily play into form in this game but one genius in Tedesco turned it around and the rest fed on it.
                Manu is a great player I would never want him to leave and he could end up staying and playing 5/8th who knows keary from now on will be a week to week proposition with his headknocks history.
                But there will be big bucks thrown at him by the Warriors and I am not sure if our budget will accommodate him.
                Even at center our coach gives him a free license and I also noticed he done that Suali as he bobbed up a few times on the other side of the field last few weeks-Thats Trus and faith by your coach ..he encourages all players to play there natural game as long as they can defend it.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

It’s an opinion, offer a counter thought or opinion.

Don’t be mad I banned your previous account.
                  I see Pablo got a run the other day too, not sure if was an Oops moment.

Comment

Manu demonstrated both a passing and kicking game on Saturday.

Comment

Hutch or Manu at 6 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Hutch or Manu at 6 ?
                        Personally I would still pick Hutch & Lam over Manu at 6. And to be honest we're probably comparing the wrong players because Tedesco played as the 6 in attack, Manu played as the fullback so I think it's probably more a question of whether Tedesco is a better 6 in attack than Lam/Hutchinson.

The 2 key issues I struggle with are distribution & kicking. If Walker is our only recognised kicker then it's way too easy for the defence to pick him off and put pressure on him, we saw this with Lam against Canberra every long kick he was under enormous pressure because Canberra knew which way it was going every time on last tackle. Teddy & Manu can contribute to the short kicking game but they don't have long kicking games. Neither have great long passing games either and that kind of distribution, even just the threat of it is so important so you keep the opposition team guessing and stretched across their defensive line, I think you could make an argument here that once Verrills and Radley are back that the distribution becomes less of an issue but having Verrills and Radley back on the same field still feels like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment and when Radley comes off you would have to substitute him with Keighran so we didn't lose anything in distribution so you're relying on a lot of other players to be available for selection to make it work.

Comment

i dont think manu is a 6 either. just my opinion.

Comment

My only issue with Manu at 6 is his lack of a long kicking game. It would put too much pressure on Walker.

Comment

Joey Manu is definitely suited to the centres, but his size and athleticism enables him to shine in positions like 5/8 and fullback.
                              I mentioned in a previous post that I would have liked him to line up against Jack Wighton, who seems to kill our team (along with Papali) every time we play the raiders.
                              Wighton seems to relish playing against smaller halves (insert here Lam, Flannagan, Keary) , and once he gets his running game going, he has been lethal in the past against the roosters.
                              Last weekends game against the roosters was the quietest I have seen him - I don't know if it was a coincidence, or there was psychological issue of him having to line up against a bigger body like Joey., but he was definitely off his game.

Comment

Personally I would still pick Hutch & Lam over Manu at 6. And to be honest we're probably comparing the wrong players because Tedesco played as the 6 in attack, Manu played as the fullback so I think it's probably more a question of whether Tedesco is a better 6 in attack than Lam/Hutchinson.

The 2 key issues I struggle with are distribution & kicking. If Walker is our only recognised kicker then it's way too easy for the defence to pick him off and put pressure on him, we saw this with Lam against Canberra every long kick he was under enormous pressure because Canberra knew which way it was going every time on last tackle. Teddy & Manu can contribute to the short kicking game but they don't have long kicking games. Neither have great long passing games either and that kind of distribution, even just the threat of it is so important so you keep the opposition team guessing and stretched across their defensive line, I think you could make an argument here that once Verrills and Radley are back that the distribution becomes less of an issue but having Verrills and Radley back on the same field still feels like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment and when Radley comes off you would have to substitute him with Keighran so we didn't lose anything in distribution so you're relying on a lot of other players to be available for selection to make it work.
                                All good points

I thought Robbo summed Manu up well when he described him as being not natural but classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X