New Path for Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Path for Manu

Trent is always saying the path will be different.
    We tried to clone Cronk at 7 , not going to work , and if Lam didnt do his ankle Flanno would not have made it back in the team.

We have some of the best footballers in the our team.
    Teddy and Keary but they cant do it on theier own , especially if we have Jake at 9 tacking himself out of the game.
    Now lets talk about the times when we were desperate for points etc and Joey Manu roams around trying to get involved , good on him.
    He needs to be more involved.
    Consistently one of our best weapons , speed to burn , great ball skills.
    Defence at centre can sometimes be off.

Yeah yeah , I know he's great at Centre but.

Keary to 7.
    Manu to 6.

Give him a pre season there , he will be a weapon.

Who plays right centre then ?
    I'm sure we have someone , Billy Smith if fit.

Trent should give me a call , I have plenty of ideas.

I like the idea of Manu to 6. Just needs to develop some sort of kicking game which he's shown he is capable of. However we also have Sam Walker coming through so Manu won't be our long term 6...

Comment

Keith, I would support you being an assistant coach at the Bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
        Keith, I would support you being an assistant coach at the Bunnies.
        That's so mean

Comment

Manu to 5/8
          Takaraingi to centre

I love it

Joey doesn't need to move from centre. He just needs to rove around the field like he did vs Canberra and like Turbo does in Origin as a 3/4.

He's a super talent and the team is much better when he runs the ball 15 times in good positions instead of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Manu to 5/8
            Takaraingi to centre

I love it

Joey doesn't need to move from centre. He just needs to rov around the field like he did vs Canberra and like Turbo does in Origin as a 3/4.

He's a super talent and the team is much better when he runs the ball 15 times in good positions instead of 5.
            Don’t put up an option like that, or a certain staff member may belittle your opinion

Comment

Manu has brilliance about him with ball in hand. But I doubt he has the football smarts to be a playmaker.

Leave the best centre in the game in his best position.
              Leave the best fullback in the game in his best position.
              Leave the best 5/8 in the game in his best position.

Comment

As Buddy said, i haven't seen any indication that Manu has the ballplaying skillset to be a top class 5/8.

Where Manu WOULD be really good is at fullback. I just hope he doesnt realise it as with Teddy there, there aint much we can do to squeese him in there.

Comment

I think Flanagans demise can be associated with Manu not getting enough quality ball. Flanagans inability to draw defenders and get Manu one on one with defenders would’ve been a major factor in him getting the punt. Both Manu and Brett Morris would’ve been filthy
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Would it be wrong of me to say that I think we should allow Flanagan another full season. He's clearly shown glimpses of promise and at only 22 he will only get stronger. Plus he is probably the one of the best goal kickers in the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                      Would it be wrong of me to say that I think we should allow Flanagan another full season. He's clearly shown glimpses of promise and at only 22 he will only get stronger. Plus he is probably the one of the best goal kickers in the comp.
                      I guess the club has to weigh up who they think will be the better young half..I have always had my money on Walker ..who also will have his hands full but has miles ability more than Flano doesn't..
                      Its a luxury to be able to choose two top liner juniors etc.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                        I have always had my money on Walker ..
                        He looks talented after viewing a number of different games, but splitting open defences in the lower grades he has been playing is a different kettle of fish to 1st grade. He is on easy mode.

.......and bear in mind, plenty of Roosters commentators also thought Jackson Hastings, Jayden Nikorima, Luke Towers, Ryan Williamson, Setimata Sa would set the world afire......

A lot of people are raving about Walker but have never seen him play.

He looks very good. But so did Lam in that grade, as did Flanno.

Bottom line is: Ignore the crap spewed out by the chook pen (and the News Ltd media). Watch some games.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

He looks talented after viewing a number of different games, but splitting open defences in the lower grades he has been playing is a different kettle of fish to 1st grade. He is on easy mode.

.......and bear in mind, plenty of Roosters commentators also thought Jackson Hastings, Jayden Nikorima, Luke Towers, Ryan Williamson, Setimata Sa would set the world afire......

A lot of people are raving about Walker but have never seen him play.

He looks very good. But so did Lam in that grade, as did Flanno.

Bottom line is: Ignore the crap spewed out by the chook pen (and the News Ltd media). Watch some games.
                          He must also look real good at training with the older senior boys to be given a chance this young.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

He must also look real good at training with the older senior boys to be given a chance this young.
                            Oh mate, he looks good.

I'm just putting it into context. Over and over again i've see the Chook Penner's anticipating the second coming of christ when it comes to young blokes, then having their hopes dashed (or moderated) and abuse dished out. Flanno is copping it right now. It's the same old story, and i'm pretty certain the ones that dish the abuse are the ones who never bother watching lower grades.

As an aside, i'm pretty sure Jackson Hastings was 17 when we picked him up.......

Bottom line is - if Sam makes his debut and does a reasonable job (as Flanno did this year) dont lay the fkn boot in!

Comment

Manu is a pure centre. Stupid suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X