Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    Fair point.
    Jared gives away a penalty after their bloke stays down and waits for the video ref to get involved. Panthers get the penalty, go on to score a try that proves decisive.
    It’s the finals, slates are cleaned.
    no slates are cleaned - carry overs and loadings still prevail - if a grade 1 a fine for JWH was reported - Kiko should miss a week which will be prelim final- they maybe confident etc but they are grating on many with what could be called somewhat arrogance - not sure how a player can come in and manhandle a defender and tell the ref he was choking him and the refs thinks it's okay - reminds me of the Chooks vs Souths game when Anasta was belted and Fitzy saying if something happens i can just belt the bloke and get a penalty or something like that.

Comment

• I thought Collins was immense tonight, thought he really changed the whole momentum of the game. It was telling that JWH got hooked straight after that dropped ball

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
        That Luai is one facked up wanker the way he came into Flanno after they scored that second half Try. He wouldn’t be doing that shit on a bigger player. He needs to be taught a lesson.
        he got a bit of a lesson tonight and others teams should take note of his defence and others on that side - Chooks didnt test it enough- many are saying the riff are becoming annoyingly arrogant

Comment

• If only there was a market for Penrith’s first six again. Called it earlier as being within their first three sets and got it on the second.

What I want to know is how quickly they can rule on not offside at the kick but then not rule a forward pass.

Im sorry, if the Panthers cheer squad aka the Fox Commentary side felt it was offside from one look then it’s offside.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

He didn't play that badly not sure what you expect from a first year NRL player though as it takes a half back quite a few years to develop into one that manage games - he needs to put some bulk on though as he is like keary very slight in frame - dont know what looks have to do about playing footy though - Radley wont be back until pre-season - Jan 2001
            I expect a first year in first grade player to be of some kind of first grade standard. There are endless halfbacks that we could cite as being brilliant in their debut season. There aren't enough years left in Flanagan's life for him to be capable of appearing as anything other than an 'I'm here because of daddy' player. Hope that he does though. The whole desire of a fan supporting a team is for them to have the best players that play better than every other team. Flanagan is an emperor with no clothes.

Comment

no slates are cleaned - carry overs and loadings still prevail - if a grade 1 a fine for JWH was reported - Kiko should miss a week which will be prelim final- they maybe confident etc but they are grating on many with what could be called somewhat arrogance - not sure how a player can come in and manhandle a defender and tell the ref he was choking him and the refs thinks it's okay - reminds me of the Chooks vs Souths game when Anasta was belted and Fitzy saying if something happens i can just belt the bloke and get a penalty or something like that.
              That fired Sitili up. He looked good after that until he got split.
              Sutton never looks in control. He just blows random penalties that confuse the players.
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                I thought Collins was immense tonight, thought he really changed the whole momentum of the game. It was telling that JWH got hooked straight after that dropped ball
                i think JWH was gassed and should not have been passed the ball which wasn't the best of passes one has to say

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                  If only there was a market for Penrith’s first six again. Called it earlier as being within their first three sets and got it on the second.

What I want to know is how quickly they can rule on not offside at the kick but then not rule a forward pass.

Im sorry, if the Panthers cheer squad aka the Fox Commentary side felt it was offside from one look then it’s offside.
                  Apparently they got 3 repeat sets? Well 2 of those I recall were legit imo with the first one given away by Angus for being second marker but was out of position and Api just played for that one by going straight to him and the second one I recall was Collins just not releasing the tackled player while he was in the ground. Not sure about the 3rd.

Comment

And then he pushed Jeremy Smith in the face in the 2nd half and got binned, was an absolute joke

Comment

he got a bit of a lesson tonight and others teams should take note of his defence and others on that side - Chooks didnt test it enough- many are saying the riff are becoming annoyingly arrogant
                      Yup all the carrying on when scoring a try which is OTT IMO. There’s celebration in scoring and then there’s ridiculing the opposition. I liked that Angus try that just had that wanker on his crosshairs.

Comment

• No use crying over spilt milk, but it is almost always certain to relieve some of the frustration of losing what turned out to be a good game. Easts know how to win the game, they just mostly forgot how to do it tonight. We are down but not out, and the hill we have to climb has turned into a mountain, which is not impossible to conquer. As a technicality; Cleary was legally offside every time that he touched the ball tonight, due to his chin being 2 metres offside each time he had the ball.

Comment

• **** we have been on the wrong side of close games this year

**** sutton

**** our luck

**** penrith

Comment

• What is with Manu? only 47meters, not even half of our lowest back five who were all over 100m, doesn’t want to do a hit up or try to get his hands on the ball, and has the most missed tackles in the game. Surely there is a way to get this guy involved.

He is the most frustrating player in the team for mine.

Comment

• It’s getting harder and harder to beat the refs. Nothing goes for us and a lot is given against us. Tell me who else gets penalized for an obstruction with ball in hand - when it’s clearly not. I was at the game and there were many times Sutton had us 12 to 15 meters back and we still get penalized on our own line. The other side perpetually offside and only a few consolation penalties when it’s too obvious if ref doesn’t give them. To be honest I’m over watching roosters games because the refs are always against us. It’s just a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

I expect a first year in first grade player to be of some kind of first grade standard. There are endless halfbacks that we could cite as being brilliant in their debut season. There aren't enough years left in Flanagan's life for him to be capable of appearing as anything other than an 'I'm here because of daddy' player. Hope that he does though. The whole desire of a fan supporting a team is for them to have the best players that play better than every other team. Flanagan is an emperor with no clothes.
                                mmm can you name them then these halves - NRL era - and what happened to them after this so called brilliant debut season - seems to me Flanno is the New Mitchell Pearce for some on here. - Friend cops it too

The turning point in the game was when BMorris was bundled into touch - Tedesco threw the cut out pass which should have went through the hands (Manu) then to BMorris - some could say BMorris should have went to ground to avoid being bundled into touch - during that middle period there was some lazy play from a range of chooks players in conceding those 28 points -worse was the walking and hands on hip - looked bad as Fittler pointed out - some how and this should be bottled for next week they got a second wind and went close in pulling off a late win -if JMorris could have got an inside pass to Keary?

If that effort from being 28-10 down to lose by 1- 29-28 was replicated for a longer period in the match they would be having the week off not going to an elimination semi final next week. It was a game they could have won - got to play 80 minutes something the chooks have rarely done this season and eliminate those lapses during games when they let in too many points and some soft tries at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X