Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
    Hate the result, but well done NRL for hiring Alfred Hitchcock to produce such a nail-biter. The Penrith try, which resulted in a minor melee immediately after, well their 5/8th that batted it back was clearly offside in relation to the kicker. Glad to see that many here have realised that having Flanagan at half-back is nothing more than a display of the nepotism/cronyism that runs through almost everything that produces a fat dash of cash, including NRL contracts.
    I couldn't believe they had one look at that and called it onside. He looked to be at least a metre in front. Ennis called him offside on Foz but then they just brushed over it once it was called good

Comment

• Even though we lost the last 30 minutes convinced me that we are not out of this very proud of the team tonight despite the result showed great character after last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

The wall is nowhere near as strong as it should have been, especially on our woeful right edge defence. Kyle is the definition of crap. The guy is not a first grader, nor a creative player. He does though win second place, after Cleary, as the ugliest head to have ever been called a halfback. Indeed, we have missed Radley enormously this year, but his return is not so far away.
        He didnt play that badly not sure what you expect from a first year NRL player though as it takes a half back quite a few years to develop into one that manage games - he needs to put some bulk on though as he is like keary very slight in frame - dont know what looks have to do about playing footy though - Radley wont be back until pre-season - Jan 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
          Think we used on that charge down, most costly challenge of the year

Him grabbing the ball off the kick off, dumbest player of the year what a dumb ****

I think we’ll destroy who ever we play next week, we have our confidence back at least, then prelims vs most likely Melbourne.

We’ll win this, but I think we need Lam to unlock Keary
          You are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Fine only wont miss a game
            Fair point.
            Jared gives away a penalty after their bloke stays down and waits for the video ref to get involved. Panthers get the penalty, go on to score a try that proves decisive.
            It’s the finals, slates are cleaned.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Teddy View Post

Some Sonny Bill magic would have been enough to win that tonight anyway both he and Jake back next week Flanno? I do t know what we do with him he can kick goals better then anyone by a mile at our club but tonight was terrible from him Lam in?
              be a crazy idea to put lam in as SST is a reasonable kicker but not at Flano's level - turning 4 into 6 is paramount as SST will have enough to do in any case next week

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                What was the penalty and 6 again count?
                We won penaties 7-4 but lost 6 agains 3-2

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  Fair point.
                  Jared gives away a penalty after their bloke stays down and waits for the video ref to get involved. Panthers get the penalty, go on to score a try that proves decisive.
                  It’s the finals, slates are cleaned.
                  Why didn't Edwards go off for a hia after staying down

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I couldn't believe they had one look at that and called it onside. He looked to be at least a metre in front. Ennis called him offside on Foz but then they just brushed over it once it was called good
                    I thought Cleary knocked on with the sliding try - one of the replays showed it i am sure then they didnt go back to that frame of it

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

It wasn't the 6 agains tonight, it was the panthers walking about 5 metres off the mark on so many play the balls.

Unfortunately when it came to the dropped ball by naden? which cleary stepped JWH and scored, showed that some players make have a mental problem with playing to the whistle. It was things like that that cost us, i do believe luai was offside on the kick chase for the other try, there was a bobble on one of their earlier ones too.

To repel all that for almost 3 years and lose by one point tonight is extraordinary.

We also are not out of this yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Thanks milanja , that's a surprising stat. Sutton seemed to start giving them the calls when it got tight

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

The replay from behind our goal line clearly showed that he was definitely offside.

Comment

• We are down, but not out. While there's life there's hope.

Robbo says that every season has a different path. Maybe ours this year is that we play every week of the finals and have to do it the hard way rather than sort of breeze through.

Boy it will be satisfying if we can come back from here.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

• That Luai is one facked up wanker the way he came into Flanno after they scored that second half Try. He wouldn’t be doing that shit on a bigger player. He needs to be taught a lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Why didn't Edwards go off for a hia after staying down
                                Jared didn’t hit him hard enough. Was meant to get Cleary
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X