No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher-Harris didn't miss Keary with that late hit in the lead up to Josh Morris second try

Yeah i agree with a few of the comments here on Jerome Laui...hope someone cleans him up before the season end

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

I expect a first year in first grade player to be of some kind of first grade standard. There are endless halfbacks that we could cite as being brilliant in their debut season. There aren't enough years left in Flanagan's life for him to be capable of appearing as anything other than an 'I'm here because of daddy' player. Hope that he does though. The whole desire of a fan supporting a team is for them to have the best players that play better than every other team. Flanagan is an emperor with no clothes.
      Pearcy mate, I hope you beat Souths on Sunday. Get a poodle up 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
        What is with Manu? only 47meters, not even half of our lowest back five who were all over 100m, doesn’t want to do a hit up or try to get his hands on the ball, and has the most missed tackles in the game. Surely there is a way to get this guy involved.

He is the most frustrating player in the team for mine.
        Like latrell , Joey isn't going to give you yardage coming out of our end. Give him early ball once we are in their half on the attack and he creates opportunities for himself or his winger. He is a threat in the air near from attacking kicks, it's a matter of our playmakers giving him those chances in those positions otherwise he is wasted and left hanging like a shag on a rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Like latrell , Joey isn't going to give you yardage coming out of our end. Give him early ball once we are in their half on the attack and he creates opportunities for himself or his winger. He is a threat in the air near from attacking kicks, it's a matter of our playmakers giving him those chances in those positions otherwise he is wasted and left hanging like a shag on a rock.
          Let’s not compare him to latrell, Manu is nowhere near his level, and still lives off the glory of his one off test match v him, that’s how he should be playing 80% of the time.
          latrell could break the game open from a nothing situation even if he was quiet all game, you just felt every time Latrell got the ball, something could happen, And defensively, I have no confidence in Manu at all, I used to hate latrells niggling and roughing up when tackling players, but it’s what’s needed to try to upset the opposition some times.

Comment

• So disappointed but I still love the Chooks.

Comment

• Vossy said we had only won four penalty counts since 1908 or something to that effect after we got one. So obviously across how we as fans feel. You also wonder if he thinks we are hard done by?

With the Cleary sliding try, I think Teddy thought he was just going to fall on it short of the line and he would then tackle him. One of those split second decision moments where if he had his time over again he might do it differently.

One more, the try the Riff scored where they dropped the ball in a strong tackle and Cleary scored. As they say beware the bouncing ball but just an arsey moment of when your luck is running it’s running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                Vossy said we had only won four penalty counts since 1908 or something to that effect after we got one. So obviously across how we as fans feel. You also wonder if he thinks we are hard done by?

With the Cleary sliding try, I think Teddy thought he was just going to fall on it short of the line and he would then tackle him. One of those split second decision moments where if he had his time over again he might do it differently.

One more, the try the Riff scored where they dropped the ball in a strong tackle and Cleary scored. As they say beware the bouncing ball but just an arsey moment of when your luck is running it’s running.
                He was taking the piss out of us, after we received a couple penalties he said “gee, if you ask any roosters fans, they’ll tell you they have only won 4 counts since 1908”

him and ennis were so somber when we were up 10nil, and then lit up like firecrackers when Penrith scored 5 straight. I’m not one to usually say this, but they only wanted one team to win last night, it was painful to listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                  Fisher-Harris didn't miss Keary with that late hit in the lead up to Josh Morris second try

Yeah i agree with a few of the comments here on Jerome Laui...hope someone cleans him up before the season end
                  Anything done about the attack on Keary?
                  No.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
                    No use crying over spilt milk, but it is almost always certain to relieve some of the frustration of losing what turned out to be a good game. Easts know how to win the game, they just mostly forgot how to do it tonight. We are down but not out, and the hill we have to climb has turned into a mountain, which is not impossible to conquer. As a technicality; Cleary was legally offside every time that he touched the ball tonight, due to his chin being 2 metres offside each time he had the ball.
                    Yet gets more vag than all of us combined. Probably penetrates with his chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

He was taking the piss out of us, after we received a couple penalties he said “gee, if you ask any roosters fans, they’ll tell you they have only won 4 counts since 1908”

him and ennis were so somber when we were up 10nil, and then lit up like firecrackers when Penrith scored 5 straight. I’m not one to usually say this, but they only wanted one team to win last night, it was painful to listen to.
                      Not if you turn the sound off.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

i think JWH was gassed and should not have been passed the ball which wasn't the best of passes one has to say
                        I don’t think players can avoid passing to a guy cause they are gassed. It’s the NRL for god sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joel123e View Post
                          On the plus side, we're equal highest scoring team against Panthers this year

Comment

• There is no way Jarred has 3 years left in him. He would have to become a bench forward and play 30 mins a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              So disappointed but I still love the Chooks.
                              This

GO EASTS

Comment

• I just finished watching the game again & IMO Liu was our best followed by Collins. I would have left Angus on & taken Cordner off when Sitili first came on. Their halves were better than ours & if Cleary had of kicked the goal instead of it coming off the upright the Roosters would have probably won.
                                Im not stirring the pot here but if we still had Latrell I reckon we would have beaten them. We have no one in the backs who has any mongrel in them & Manu is playing average football & I say that because he is rated the best centre in the game but he sure aint playing like it.
                                Its a massive ask to beat Canberra next week then have to beat Melbourne to get another shot at Penrith in the GF.

Comment

Working...
                                X