Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Lol we are in trouble if he's Toops replacement
    What?
    You want Aubs at centre then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

What?
      You want Aubs at centre then?
      No , I would use Matt Ikuvala or give Tuipulotu a chance before Tugboat Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

We were gipped in 1998. We beat Melbourne in Melbourne the first week of the finals. Meanwhile, Parra knocked off Brisbane the same weekend. We then went to Newcastle on a Saturday night and came back from 15 nil down to beat them. Our reward was a week off and a trip to Brisbane to take oin the Broncos....how does that work that they get a home final after being beaten in week 1??? Anyway, we were gone the moment Freddie did a rib cartilage against Newcastle. 1997 was the year that slipped awat. We had Manly that day. Tackle 4 40m out from their line and two great field goal kickers in Walker and Fittler and Garlick drops the frigging ball!!! I reckon we would have had Newcastle's measure in the GF too
        Hell yes, Garlick was a Souths goose who should never have been at the Roosters, Simon Bonetti was a much better player even then

Comment

Tuipulotu over Hall?

So rather than replace an experienced winger with an experienced winger, you want to reshuffle the backline to include a rookie centre?

That'll do me.

Comment

Silence in the court... the monkey wants to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Silence in the court... the monkey wants to talk.
              Really , you don't agree so you offend , Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Tuipulotu over Hall?

So rather than replace an experienced winger with an experienced winger, you want to reshuffle the backline to include a rookie centre?

That'll do me.
                No Matt would be my first choice as said ,
                Replace an Experienced half with an inexperienced half , seems to be going ok

Comment

Aside from 1987, the period from 1983 to 1995 were pretty tough. In 91 and 92 we started the year well but faded at the back end of the season and just missed the 8, a bit like the Tigers these days. There were some great wins during those years, the Manly win you speak of, there was a win over Brisbane at Lang Park on a Saturday afternoon, we won the 7's one season as well. 1995 when we signed Gus was the start of the new era of success but was still another 7 years before we tasted premiership glory. Living through those times as a chook certainly makes you appreciate this current team all the more.
                  Was that the year we won the first 6 in a row?

Salvo will always be number 1 in my book.

Dark times for the Chooks. But character building.

Comment

When he moved to Wests the next year, they came to my home town of Cowra for a trial game. There was a function afterwards and he was there. I went up and introduced myself and told him I was a Roosters fan and bitterly disappointed that he left. He was very apologetic and really good about it. The problem for him that night though was that I was there with a group of mates who were all Chooks. One by one I introuced them to Terry and by the end of it he was going 'come on?? You're all Roosters? Geez guys!!' It was a funny night and he was really good fun

A young Terry Hill! Didn't we get him on a draft arrangement or something? He then flew the coup to Wests. I remember there was a lot of hype we were getting him. He didn't disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

rocket rod!! he was the shining light in our team for a while, always thought he would breakthrough the line, Had a great step, shame he ended up at the dogs.
                      God he was good. Best swerve I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Naah, think you're thinking of 1996, we won our first 10 games that season

Comment

Yeah we were on track until from memory Salvo head-butted Brett Boyd from the Panthers and got a long suspension.

The try of the year was awarded to the Chooks from that game. Jeff Orford scored.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Naah, think you're thinking of 1996, we won our first 10 games that season
                            In 1992 we won the first five games.

In the sixth game against the Dogs Sherlock bombed a try by not passing to Gary Freeman.

Comment

What about the game in 1991 against Norths. Salvo made a break from the kick off and we scored in the corner.

The next kick off Norths went the other direction.

That game is in my top 5 favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I was at Bruce stadium to witness our 66-4 shalacking. Hated the raiders ever since.
                                That would have been tough to sit through.

Comment

Working...
                                X