• Show
Clear All

Has JWH picked up a pec injury?

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
      Has JWH picked up a pec injury?

Chook.
      I was worried last week when Hughes scored that try for the storm and JWH crashed awkwardly over the line on his shoulder after reaching out with his arm.
      On the one hand I thought mate pull up he's already scored and on the other you know that's what makes him a great prop with his never say die attitude and doing everything possible to stop a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I was worried last week when Hughes scored that try for the storm and JWH crashed awkwardly over the line on his shoulder after reaching out with his arm.
        On the one hand I thought mate pull up he's already scored and on the other you know that's what makes him a great prop with his never say die attitude and doing everything possible to stop a try.
        Watching the replay on one of Matt's tries, JWH was in the background stretching his pec and he never came back on? Be interested if anyone knows?

Chook.

Comment

Friend looked ok towards at the end of the game so I would say (hopefully) he will be fine to play next week with 7 day turnaround to pass concussion protocol.

I think Sitili was fine with his head knock so shouldn't be an issue.

JWH has a lot of sternum strapping - another uncomfortable injury to carry but can play. Will need time to rest eventually but they may try and hold off till we play Warriors/Titans and Liu returns.

B Moz looking at 1-6 weeks out, depending how bad his strain is

Cordner will be back next week - Liu a possibility too

Comment

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...date--round-9/

Nothing about JWH = good news.

Chook.

Comment

Angus confirmed to have a moderate grade MCL and has began rehab for it (moderate mostly means 3-6 weeks out)

Comment

My prediction line up for next week v warriors

1 Teddy
                2 Iku
                3 Jmoz
                4 Manu
                5 Bmoz
                6 Keary
                7 Flanno
                8 JWH
                9 Friend
                10 Tauks
                11 Cordner
                12 Sitili
                13 Butcher

14 Lam
                15 Liu
                16 Collins
                17 Aubbo

18 Farmer 19 Hall 20 Hutch 21 Fifita

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                  Angus confirmed to have a moderate grade MCL and has began rehab for it (moderate mostly means 3-6 weeks out)
                  Crichton's injury is reportedly more serious than initially thought and he is now expected to miss between 6-8 weeks.
                  Last edited by fletch; 07-22-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Not great but we’ll get through it. Thanks for the update Fletch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                      Not great but we’ll get through it. Thanks for the update Fletch.
                      Big loss though - thinking back on the first 4 games after the restart and both Radley and Crichton were instrumental in that success - both out it’s getting very hard to replace. Yeah we have depth but that depth doesn’t have the same impact as these two do.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

rocket rod!! he was the shining light in our team for a while, always thought he would breakthrough the line, Had a great step, shame he ended up at the dogs.
                        Didn't get on with Gus so one had to go and it wasn't going to be Gus. Won the comp at the Dogs that year as a mid season signing(1995)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

A young Terry Hill! Didn't we get him on a draft arrangement or something? He then flew the coup to Wests. I remember there was a lot of hype we were getting him. He didn't disappoint.
                          Yes that was another attempt by the league for an internal/external draft - Hill and others took the league to court -restraint of trade etc- won so Hill became a free agent and signed with Wests his original choice- Chooks lost Gillmeister in the draft to Brisbane- late nomination - not sure why he wasn't re-signed or allowed to nominate

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/19/...nised-players/
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 07-25-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X