Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    What a top game of footy that was by 2 champion teams.
    Pure excitement. Imagine if souffs were playing the storm tho?!?!? It would be like the best prono you have ever seen!
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

• I posted this in another thread.
      Should've posted it here;

The refereeing in the Storm V Roosters game last night was a disgrace.
      Same as when Greenberg and co were in charge.

Nothing has changed.
      V'landys promised better...promised change.
      Promised the ruck would be sped up, anyone slowing down the ruck would suffer 6 agains.
      This policy has been a dismal failure...some teams obviously can still do whatever they like, virtually without suffering any consequences.

Time to wave V'landys and the acting CEO whatever his name is...goodbye!
      "Goodbye, have a nice life doing something else"!
      New people, who can actually fix the seemingly-biased refereeing must be hired.
      The NRL is still a joke...all shown clearly on tv screens last night.

The Bunker is supposed to see all and know all, but seems to see nothing much.
      Decisions can be reversed, but very rarely are.

My wife wants to know why the commentators in last night's game weren't outraged about the blatant refereeing mistakes...eg: Storm knock ons and offside play at vital times, which led to their eventual victory.
      She thinks the game was managed in a very poor fashion.
      "BS" she said more than once.

She is also very disappointed in the new NRL management.
      She thinks V'landys is no legend.

Comment

• Too many errors from our team + ref giving the opponent many penalties, 6 again. We'll bounce back. I'm more concern of our team injuries, hope all the boys will pull through

Comment

• I think we need games like last night to be in a premiership winning position.

Sure i'm still gutted we lost and in that way after an epic game but the club has put itself in a position not to focus on 2 regular season points but the bigger picture - winning competitions. Leave the other loser clubs to celebrate 2 points like it means everything.

The Roosters need to develop throughout the season to be ready for finals footy.

Games like last night teaches (maybe reminds is a better word) our boys what not to do when finishing a game against a top team and the importance of holding onto the ball in close games.

They will be better from the experience and can highlight it to be an area to work hard at - it's better that games like that happen now and not at an elimination final.

When get used to winning you can become complacent in areas and you need these reality checks at the right time of the season

Robbo would have learnt a great deal from where players weren't good enough last night and will make plans to adjust this

And yes injuries are unfortunately creeping in but I trust robbo to adjust for this to keep players as healthy as possible at the end of the season and for those that need to fill in (eg lock) we need to give them time - robbo will have contingency plans and will adjust our style but sometimes will take a few weeks to get right

If anything it looks like many are carrying injuries (ribs, leg complaints) which make it hard to play at full capacity and won't heal without a break and we don't have many match fit reserves. We really need a bye unfortunately but we won't get one
          Last edited by NorthChook; 07-03-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If you don’t like what you see and want to rip into the team after one loss then GET OFF THE BANDWAGON.
            I'm not jumping off anything old mate just saying that was a crap performance. Error ridden. Up by 10 points with 8 minutes left.... should of iced it.

Comment

• Thought it was a cracker. This morning think it's thoroughly depressing.

How did we blow that with a minute left?

Comment

• Cordner, Toops and B Moz look like they need a fortnight off.

Can we afford to rest half the team for a couple of rounds?

I don't think we should be playing at this intensity every week. Particularly with all the short turn arounds.

Comment

• We'll get our shot to make things right - Round 14 SCG vs Storm

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                    Cordner, Toops and B Moz look like they need a fortnight off.

I don't think we should be playing at this intensity every week. Particularly with all the short turn arounds.
                    Resting too many players against the Cowboys in North Queensland makes it a risky game but we may have to

Cowboys had a decent game up there against the Knights (although Newcastle didn't turn up - but we can't do the same)

Comment

• Also rest too many players at once and we'll have many fill ins who haven't played a game since early March

Comment

• Originally posted by Pablo Escobar View Post

I'm not jumping off anything old mate just saying that was a crap performance. Error ridden. Up by 10 points with 8 minutes left.... should of iced it.
                        It wouldn't be much of a spectacle if we never made a few mistakes , never lost , never had dodgy refereeing decisions .. I support this team win or lose . Up the Chooks

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                          I posted this in another thread.
                          Should've posted it here;

The refereeing in the Storm V Roosters game last night was a disgrace.
                          Same as when Greenberg and co were in charge.

Nothing has changed.
                          V'landys promised better...promised change.
                          Promised the ruck would be sped up, anyone slowing down the ruck would suffer 6 agains.
                          This policy has been a dismal failure...some teams obviously can still do whatever they like, virtually without suffering any consequences.

Time to wave V'landys and the acting CEO whatever his name is...goodbye!
                          "Goodbye, have a nice life doing something else"!
                          New people, who can actually fix the seemingly-biased refereeing must be hired.
                          The NRL is still a joke...all shown clearly on tv screens last night.

The Bunker is supposed to see all and know all, but seems to see nothing much.
                          Decisions can be reversed, but very rarely are.

My wife wants to know why the commentators in last night's game weren't outraged about the blatant refereeing mistakes...eg: Storm knock ons and offside play at vital times, which led to their eventual victory.
                          She thinks the game was managed in a very poor fashion.
                          "BS" she said more than once.

She is also very disappointed in the new NRL management.
                          She thinks V'landys is no legend.
                          Shut your trap

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post

Shut your trap
                            You were told to step off.

Or was that Pablo Escobar?

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Pure excitement. Imagine if souffs were playing the storm tho?!?!? It would be like the best prono you have ever seen!
                              Even it was your 2 second favourites teams the Raiders & Parra it would be a good promo. Like I’ve said to you many times I like all the clubs but I only go for the Roosters but good try mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                                Cordner, Toops and B Moz look like they need a fortnight off.

After the Canberra game we have 3 easier games. Good opportunity to rest some players.

In saying that, some of those will be resting next week against the Cowboys anyway.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X