Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Storm

What a way to begin our Thursday night footy carnival of three straight Thursday night games. Melbourne must hate us as much as we hate that filthy vermin club. We knocked them out of the comp last year, we beat them in the big one the year before.

Tonight is our opportunity to grow that hate. We are their nemesis. We have the wood over them. They are a club I just don’t fear. Toops can show that little Fox that he’s really a cat. Fresh Teddy can teach Pappenpussy how to play fullback and Jarred can beat their forwards on his own.

Many think it’s a more level playing field with Rads down. Time to prove them wrong.

I expect a comfortable win. Let’s cultivate the hate.

GO YOU MIGHTY ROOSTERS!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-02-2020, 07:32 AM.

storm would really have to lift without munster to get close. but we won't worry about that - we'll just do our thing. if we can have a game where we don't lose guys to acls then we'll do okay.

Comment

Love these games. Keen to see our depth tested. 22-12 Chooks
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Biggest test of the season to date.
        Starting in 12 hours, 10mins not that I'm counting

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          Biggest test of the season to date.
          Starting in 12 hours, 10mins not that I'm counting
          Update; less than 12 hours to go now.

Comment

Losing one of my faves in Radley is massive.Winning premierships with his enthusiasm is reflective on his team mates.
            looking forward to see how we play that void .Think Butcher can...then you can see mr fix it maubs can too.
            With munster out they lose a lot but beware of Bellamy like our coach he is good.he will be plotting.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post

Update; less than 12 hours to go now.
              I feel you. I can’t stand the wait. Today is a day off for me so I’ll spend the whole day looking at the clock.

Comment

Big test for Flanno, looking forward to see how he handles it.

Their halves are shit, we should keep them to 12 or less. Forward packs are a match but are backs are better.

Us by 14.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                  Big test for Flanno, looking forward to see how he handles it.

Their halves are shit, we should keep them to 12 or less. Forward packs are a match but are backs are better.

Us by 14.

Chook.
                  I believe we have a better pack. Bromich brothers are overrated. None of their forwards have any ball skills. You could say we don’t either without Rads but I believe Butcher is good with the ball and now has the opportunity to use those skills. He certainly was good with the ball in the 20s. I thought in the 20s he showed more than Rads. Anyway I’ll talk him up regardless.
                  Last edited by Thirteen; 07-02-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Melbourne have it over us in the forwards and on the bench with Rads, Liu and Verrills out. We have it over them in the backs. Nothing in it. Huge test for us. They will try to smash Keary and Flanno. If we get another injury to either one of them we are up shyte creek. We have been up for 5 weeks, this is the big test. Boyd look wrecked last week and battled on, he can't be 100%. Toups did the same thing, we are carrying some injuries, which makes it even harder, and away from home, where they have been in Brisbane for a few days. Go the Chooks, but it will take a massive effort, and could cost us the following week.
                    Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 07-02-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Melbourne have it over us in the forwards and on the bench with Rads, Liu and Verrills out. We have it over them in the backs. Nothing in it. Huge test for us. They will try to smash Keary and Flanno. If we get another injury to either one of them we are up shyte creek. We have been up for 5 weeks, this is the big test. Boyd look wrecked last week and battled on, he can't be 100%. Toups did the same thing, we are carrying some injuries, which makes it even harder, and away from home, where they have been in Brisbane for a few days. Go the Chooks, but it will take a massive effort, and could cost us the following week.
                      Surprised you feel this way. And of course I respect your opinion but if you have time could you please do a comparison of opposite numbers in the respective packs so I can see how you come to this conclusion. I’m interested to understand why an intelligent supporter like you thinks Melbourne’s pack is better than ours. In my eyes both our props are better and both of second towers are superior to theirs.

Our bench despite the ACLs is still pretty strong with Lindsay, Aubo and Sitili.

Every team tries to smash Flanno and Keary. Nothing different there.

What do the rest of you think?
                      Last edited by Thirteen; 07-02-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Not sure how much energy our forwards have after another 6 day turnaround, a fresh Teddy, JoMo and Butcher is really handy though - if our defense is on it's hard to see Melbourne scoring more than a try or two with Munster out - we should be winning this.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                          Not sure how much energy our forwards have after another 6 day turnaround, a fresh Teddy, JoMo and Butcher is really handy though - if our defense is on it's hard to see Melbourne scoring more than a try or two with Munster out - we should be winning this.
                          Melbourne is only 2 hours fresher than us having played 2 hours earlier than us last week. This will not and should not ever be an excuse.

Munster being out is a nice advantage. Smith will be dangerous as always but apart from him they have very little attack.

Comment

chooks by 4, 12 points to 8. our forwards to have a blinder, our backs to bomb a few tries to keep it close.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Melbourne is only 2 hours fresher than us having played 2 hours earlier than us last week. This will not and should not ever be an excuse.

Munster being out is a nice advantage. Smith will be dangerous as always but apart from him they have very little attack.
                              It's more the culmination of high energy football over 12 days (and since the return) rather than just a single short turnaround and it's not an excuse, it's smart player management. We ended our winning streak to Brisbane in Brisbane last season after flogging them by 30+ a few weeks earlier.....our energy levels were clearly up and down at times last week so a loss isn't far away, don't think Robbo has planned for the drop off to be this week however.

Comment

Working...
                              X