Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
    The sport will endure but I imagine Penrith, Sharks, Knights, Dragons and Gold Coast wont. Probably new teams or reorganised versions of old teams. The NRL are such a failure as a professional organisation. How could they leave themselves so vulnerable financially?
    They probably thought $140m in the bank was enough.
    It would've been in normal times.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
      I'm not stating which side I fall on in the political divide but I think Scott Morrison has handled this well. he didn't handle the fires well. but this he has.
      The fact that he was prepared to go to the footy for Round1 shows you how where he was at with the situation. It took a public backlash for him to change his mind. Was he totally oblivious to what was happening in Europe & Asia??? He was Trump's lap dog when he visited the White House....maybe he gave The Don a call and was advised " it's all hoax".

He was also slow to react to the panic buying at the supermarkets....and when he termed it as "un Australian" a lot of people rightly thought that going on holidays when your the PM and your country is burning is the real definition on "un-Australian".

However i'm going to have faith in him & the government to do the right by the public from hereon. He needs to make up for lost time

Comment

• I believe putin handled it very , very, well, maybe we should invite him to be our acting pm ? point is all politicians and political ideologies have positives and negatives. the situation has shifted so dramatically so quickly , it would be hard to know what to do . anyway I'm not here to get into a political debate, I'm here because I support the roosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
          If the NRL or the govt cancels the season then that's the end of the NRL...and the end of rugby league.

Oh well, 1908 - 2019...with Roosters the last Premiers.
          Well if the season gets cancelled the players don't get paid....a lot of people are going to be unemployed and facing financial hardship in all areas of life. Most at NRL headquarters will also be looking for new jobs. Maybe Greenberg will ask Cam Smiths wife for that 10k ring back so it can be melted down and sold.

The strong clubs will survive and so will rugby league

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Well if the season gets cancelled the players don't get paid....a lot of people are going to be unemployed and facing financial hardship in all areas of life. Most at NRL headquarters will also be looking for new jobs. Maybe Greenberg will ask Cam Smiths wife for that 10k ring back so it can be melted down and sold.

The strong clubs will survive and so will rugby league
            Latrell could become full-time alcoholic. I assume
            that’s the reason he is so shit these days.

Comment

Souths are probably done too.
              Well that would be the only thing that makes any off this worth it

Comment

• Yep time to shut it all down , maybe and hopefully if we have a month or so of solid everything stops everywhere the dam virus will be contained , also may put a bit of a handbrake on pollution and stuff as well, bit bloody hell , no footy ,

Comment

• The way we have gone the last two weeks it will be a relief if the NRL shuts down.

This evening one of my boys told me he wants to be kicking field goals as well as DCE by the time the isolation period is over. I told him to support Luke Keary and to go to bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Well that would be the only thing that makes any off this worth it
                    No. Im like Mickie Lane on this. If we lose Souffs we lose a big part of the game and part of us. I think they must stop today, plan, reevaluate and wait. Guys please remember SARS was defeated without a vaccinne. We all need to work together now. The world is at war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      The way we have gone the last two weeks it will be a relief if the NRL shuts down.

This evening one of my boys told me he wants to be kicking field goals as well as DCE by the time the isolation period is over. I told him to support Luke Keary and to go to bed.
                      That made me laugh for a while. You are wise.

Comment

No. Im like Mickie Lane on this. If we lose Souffs we lose a big part of the game and part of us. I think they must stop today, plan, reevaluate and wait. Guys please remember SARS was defeated without a vaccinne. We all need to work together now. The world is at war.
                        Tongue in cheek Mickie jnr

Comment

Latrell could become full-time alcoholic. I assume
                          that’s the reason he is so shit these days.
                          He wants to be the next Rex Hunt and have his own fishing show on the tele.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

The way we have gone the last two weeks it will be a relief if the NRL shuts down.

I hope you sent him with no dinner.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

For anyone believing China beat the virus, we had about 60 new cases over the last 2 days in my region. After returning to work for 2 days a week for the past2 weeks we are now told to stay home this week. Hopes of schools resuming on 20 April are canceled and no idea of a return date. Restaurants and bars have remained open but business is beyond bad. I have not eaten out since late January. Expect all flights worldwide to end soon.
                              Interesting to hear you say that , I haven't believed the numbers coming out of China from the beginning and I don't believe them when they say they have got it beat now.
                              I mentioned before we should have kept the knights and raiders with the rest of the Sydney teams and get rid of the other states for the year. That's the only way they could keep it going.
                              How are they going to fly the Panthers and the eels this Saturday night to Melbourne and Townsville respectively with one plane all in one day.
                              No way the players will agree to be stuck in Qld in the sticks for the year.

Comment

• During origin if there is a tie then the previous year's winning team retain the shield. Same should apply to the NRL when the season can't find a winner. As such can the season and give roosters the premiership.... thoughts????

Comment

Working...
                                X