Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
    To be honest with you Old Man Rooster, as much as it disappoints me that I may not get to see much of my belovef Roosters play this year, at the moment I am most concerned about my kids and elderly relatives. I have a son in Year 12 and this is incredibly disruptive to his Year 12 studies. He is worried his school will close down and this will affect greatly the most important year of his schooling. He's trying to get a good mark to get into Uni. I have a Mum in her mid 70's with cancer. We only just lost our Dad. My FIL is nearly 88. There is never a great time for this sort of pandemic, but for me personally now is a totally crap time for it.

As far as footy goes, what I don't want to see is a really shortened season - say 10 rounds - leading to a Premiership. It just wouldn't seem right.
    Damn sorry to hear about your son. No doubt that is going to add a lot of unnecessary stress. Try to get your elderly family to stay home as much as possible. My parents are still alive and I asked them if they would wear a mask. Of course they won't. I just hoping they will keep to themselves as much as possible.

Comment

• Bill Gates saw this coming in 2015......yet Donald Trump said it was a hoax only weeks ago. What a twit

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI

Comment

• My Irish mates swear they have found a cure for Coronavirus.

It's Guiness!! Previously prescribed by doctors for all manner of ills...the wheel has turned full circle.

Happy St Patrick's Day to all.

Comment

• No saying its virus related but bloody hell were out of control as a society .
          https://www.9news.com.au/national/ma...4-495cb043e588

Comment

• Some more info on chloroquine trials..

"According to research by the US CDC, chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS coronavirus, both prophylactically and therapeutically. SARS coronavirus has significant similarities to COVID-19. Specifically, the CDC research was completed in primate cells using chloroquine’s well known function of elevating endosomal pH. The results show that “We have identified chloroquine as an effective antiviral agent for SARS-CoV in cell culture conditions, as evidenced by its inhibitory effect when the drug was added prior to infection or after the initiation and establishment of infection. The fact that chloroquine exerts an antiviral effect during pre- and post-infection conditions suggest that it is likely to have both prophylactic and therapeutic advantages.”
            The study shows that chloroquine is effective in preventing SARS-CoV infection in cell culture if the drug is added to the cells 24 h prior to infection."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...VjIL-7deJ7/pub

Comment

To be honest with you Old Man Rooster, as much as it disappoints me that I may not get to see much of my belovef Roosters play this year, at the moment I am most concerned about my kids and elderly relatives. I have a son in Year 12 and this is incredibly disruptive to his Year 12 studies. He is worried his school will close down and this will affect greatly the most important year of his schooling. He's trying to get a good mark to get into Uni. I have a Mum in her mid 70's with cancer. We only just lost our Dad. My FIL is nearly 88. There is never a great time for this sort of pandemic, but for me personally now is a totally crap time for it.

As far as footy goes, what I don't want to see is a really shortened season - say 10 rounds - leading to a Premiership. It just wouldn't seem right.
              A lot on your plate.
              One thing about your son - all students will be in the same boat so he won't be comparatively disadvantaged. And he has close to zero chance of dying from the virus so if he can still apply himself to his books things should work out. Some people can actually thrive outside a rigid teaching environment.
              As far as your mum and fil goes they're obviously high risk. Probably a good idea to take every precaution you can - and then let fate decide. No one is above the cycles of nature. Try and enjoy each day. And while this is a disease that affects old people, most old people will survive it.
              If all that fails, watch a replay of your mightiest rooster victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

A lot on your plate.
                One thing about your son - all students will be in the same boat so he won't be comparatively disadvantaged. And he has close to zero chance of dying from the virus so if he can still apply himself to his books things should work out. Some people can actually thrive outside a rigid teaching environment.
                As far as your mum and fil goes they're obviously high risk. Probably a good idea to take every precaution you can - and then let fate decide. No one is above the cycles of nature. Try and enjoy each day. And while this is a disease that affects old people, most old people will survive it.
                If all that fails, watch a replay of your mightiest rooster victory.
                Thanks Zac. My son is in the Canberra system which is based on continuous assessment rather than HSC with the big test at the end like I did. - MANY years ago now! He’s still competing with NSW students who do the HSC for a uni place though. He really does need the rigid teaching environment and close teacher contact but his organisation skills have improved a lot.I’ll be doing my best to keep him calm and stress free. My Mum will be kept isolated as much as possible except for her regular cancer treatment. It’s been a testing 2-3 years for our family that’s for sure with the only real highlight being B2B premierships from the Mighty Roosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Damn sorry to hear about your son. No doubt that is going to add a lot of unnecessary stress. Try to get your elderly family to stay home as much as possible. My parents are still alive and I asked them if they would wear a mask. Of course they won't. I just hoping they will keep to themselves as much as possible.
                  Yep Mum is pretty much house bound at the moment except for doctors appointments and cancer treatment. The FIL is very stubborn and independent which is a good and a bad thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by zac

If you can't beat em join em. I'm trying out a new vaccine.

lol is that you, you handsome bastard?! Joking aside I have heard this has been terrible for the Corona Beer company and that they may even be considering a change of names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

lol is that you, you handsome bastard?! Joking aside I have heard this has been terrible for the Corona Beer company and that they may even be considering a change of names.
                      In all my glory! I'll have one for you.

Comment

• So in my Special Administrative Region of China the "leader" has just announced that schools will not resume on April 20th as first hoped and planned. I think that a month ago the idea that coronavirus would not persist in warmer weather was still thought to be true. We had 9 new cases yesterday. I am very fortunate to be receiving my full salary for as long as this lasts but I am deeply concerned for those whose income has stopped.

Comment

• I'm 41 today and I would like another roosters premiership for my birthday so if you guys ain't a pack of selfish bastards you should give me what I want.

Comment

• Its staring to get a bit pathetic to have all these so called celebrities and politicians with mega bucks telling us to stop going to clubs and pubs , restaurant's , footy , and even stay home from work , have kids off school .
                            Who the hell has the money to pay the mortgage , rent , food ,child care etc without an income. These people and many others may well like to start taking into consideration the impact on the average person who dont have 200k incomes or mega savings . A lot of us don't get paid to stay at home ,and cant work from home .
                            On the news government admitting 10% or more unemployment is on the cards , many business to close . I don't know the answer , just know that what is going on isn't it.
                            Any one on government benefits will continue to be supported but many hundreds of thousands of people are about to have there lives and lively hoods ripped out from under them and anyone who cant see that obviosly have the money and assets to get though . Lives are important but so are lively hoods .

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                              I'm 41 today and I would like another roosters premiership for my birthday so if you guys ain't a pack of selfish bastards you should give me what I want.
                              Happy birthday mate.

Comment

Thanks Zac. My son is in the Canberra system which is based on continuous assessment rather than HSC with the big test at the end like I did. - MANY years ago now! He’s still competing with NSW students who do the HSC for a uni place though. He really does need the rigid teaching environment and close teacher contact but his organisation skills have improved a lot.I’ll be doing my best to keep him calm and stress free. My Mum will be kept isolated as much as possible except for her regular cancer treatment. It’s been a testing 2-3 years for our family that’s for sure with the only real highlight being B2B premierships from the Mighty Roosters.
                                Exactly why rugby league and the clubs/comp etc as we have them now must be saved from extinction.
                                There's plenty of money...we give $4 Billion away every year to other countries.
                                Surely charity begins at home when home is in extreme peril.

Hopefully we won't have to "blockade Paris" like the French farmers do when they feel very unhappy with their govt.

Comment

Working...
                                X