Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Babies and toddlers are expendable? Not too sure that one was in "We will fight them on the beaches".

I'll assume you are young.
    I was young once.
    I was 23 once...I spun around 3 times and next minute I was 73.
    What if...one of the 600 is to be you?

Trump is 73.
    Nick Politis is 78.
    Exactly BB. I have a parent with cancer. I have an elderly father in law with a heart condition. I have a sibling expecting a baby in a few months with a heart condition. I guess all these people are just expendable. What really does annoy me though are the selfish people out there who are stripping the supermarkets of staples and hoarding them all for themselves.

Comment

• Some facts:
      0 to 9 year olds have greater chance of dying from flue than Corona.
      Ages of 3 Aussies who’ve died from Corona were 95, 78 and 82.

Comment

• First time I've ever heard Vlandys speak, couldn't stop laughing. You would think that the head guy running the NRL would be able to pronounce the game he represents . Its Rugby League ...not Rugba League LOL !
        Its as funny as the head of Qantas, Mr Joyce who pronounces the company he represents as Qandas !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
          First time I've ever heard Vlandys speak, couldn't stop laughing. You would think that the head guy running the NRL would be able to pronounce the game he represents . Its Rugby League ...not Rugba League LOL !
          Its as funny as the head of Qantas, Mr Joyce who pronounces the company he represents as Qandas !
          Yes rugba league. It was doing my head in, like those who say Austraya!

Comment

• In news just to hand I was able to secure a 12 pack of Sorbent silky embossed poo tickets this arvo.

Bravo my local Coles who kept a stash for the afternoon shoppers. Not just serving those that camp out overnight to get theirs first thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              In news just to hand I was able to secure a 12 pack of Sorbent silky embossed poo tickets this arvo.

Bravo my local Coles who kept a stash for the afternoon shoppers. Not just serving those that camp out overnight to get theirs first thing.
              Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Congrats!
                Remember the days when your mate came around with a six pack to watch the footy?

Still happens but nowadays it's toilet paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  First time I've ever heard Vlandys speak, couldn't stop laughing. You would think that the head guy running the NRL would be able to pronounce the game he represents . Its Rugby League ...not Rugba League LOL !
                  Dr V...Maybe a stumble, thinking of the next word.
                  Even the best public speakers stumble sometimes.

Mr Joyce is "Irish", Irish accent.

Dr Peter V'landys is an Australian horse racing administrator and immunologist.. He is the chief executive and a board member of Racing New South Wales (Racing NSW) as well as the chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission.

Equine influenza outbreak

In mid-2007, the racing industry was brought to a standstill as a result of an outbreak of equine influenza. New South Wales was the worst affected state with all racing cancelled and the movement of all horses prohibited indefinitely.

V'landys assumed responsibility for the overall co-ordination of the industry's response to this crisis, and developed and implemented contingency plans to counter the effects of the outbreak, including negotiating a $235 million rescue package.

He also lobbied NSW ministers for the provision of further financial assistance which resulted in the provision of a $7.5 million grants scheme and the establishment of a special mortgage deferment scheme and a further one-off grant to help promote the industry following the resumption of normal racing activities.

#####

In Dr V we trust.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-15-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Dr V...Maybe a stumble, thinking of the next word.
                    Even the best public speakers stumble sometimes.

Mr Joyce is "Irish", Irish accent.

Dr Peter V'landys is an Australian horse racing administrator and immunologist.. He is the chief executive and a board member of Racing New South Wales (Racing NSW) as well as the chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission.

Equine influenza outbreak

In mid-2007, the racing industry was brought to a standstill as a result of an outbreak of equine influenza. New South Wales was the worst affected state with all racing cancelled and the movement of all horses prohibited indefinitely.

V'landys assumed responsibility for the overall co-ordination of the industry's response to this crisis, and developed and implemented contingency plans to counter the effects of the outbreak, including negotiating a $235 million rescue package.

He also lobbied NSW ministers for the provision of further financial assistance which resulted in the provision of a $7.5 million grants scheme and the establishment of a special mortgage deferment scheme and a further one-off grant to help promote the industry following the resumption of normal racing activities.

#####

In Dr V we trust.
                    V'Landys killed it even when he was involved as an administrator with the 'Red Hots'

Comment

• Dr V, AM...Bio

https://www.nrl.com/about-us/commiss...peter-vlandys/

#####

I very happy to go with whatever Dr V and co decide.
                      I believe he/they are our best chance of getting it right.

Comment

• Just to clarify everyone, that information about Peter V'Lanys being an immunologist is false. He has a commerce degree, no medical degrees.

Comment

• The issue is it won't be 5000 deaths in a week's time and if the world doesn't take measures. It will kill far more people than the flu of which we have a vaccine for and most of the flu related deaths are due to folks not being vaccinated.

Some estimates are that over 50m people will die and this is based on a less than 50 percent infection rate with a 2 percent mortality rate.

A bit more than 500k from the flu...
                          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                            Some facts:
                            0 to 9 year olds have greater chance of dying from flue than Corona.
                            Ages of 3 Aussies who’ve died from Corona were 95, 78 and 82.
                            Then my elderly FIL and mother with cancer fit that demographic nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Remember the days when your mate came around with a six pack to watch the footy?

Still happens but nowadays it's toilet paper.
                              So you and your mate sit there taking a dump together while watching the footy?
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• 60 minutes as so called expert said if we don't act the death rate in Australia could be as high as 100000 , bloody lot of people I agree but that's less than 1/2 % of our 25mil population .
                                he said 60 mil worldwide would die , again that's less than 3/4 % of the 7.8 billion worldwide .
                                That to me does seem to be an over reaction

Comment

Working...
                                X