Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id swap Cheika for Jmoz...get it done Uncle Nick

Comment

• Johnson, Dugan and Moylan all on huge money. All consistent under performers. Sharks are almost as big a basket case as The Tigers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        Johnson, Dugan and Moylan all on huge money. All consistent under performers. Sharks are almost as big a basket case as The Tigers.
        Yep Flanno's MO was to throw money at any rep player without giving much regard to whether that player was actually needed. So Moylan a fullback got Carney's money. Dugan got Bird's and then the best of all, he signed Johnson (a half back) to replace Val Holmes. No proper thought put into it at all. There was also the Aaron Woods signing mid year when they already had a strong forward pack.

Comment

• I think the pressure will get to the sharks now they know dugan will be staying, & who could blame him. No other club is going to pay that sort of money for him. When we get Josh over to the best club in
          the land he will stick around for two years i would think. This will be the first time he has been at a decent club for a long time. he will also be very valuable to us for two years as that gives billy time to recover. Josh Morris will be huge for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yep Flanno's MO was to throw money at any rep player without giving much regard to whether that player was actually needed. So Moylan a fullback got Carney's money. Dugan got Bird's and then the best of all, he signed Johnson (a half back) to replace Val Holmes. No proper thought put into it at all. There was also the Aaron Woods signing mid year when they already had a strong forward pack.
            Yes Aaron Woods, another under performing signing for The Sharks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Without his 33yr old brother we likely don't win the comp last year. BMoz' performance in the GF was match winning.

Perhaps his brother might prove just as valuable in another Premiership tilt.

So even though I don't want to see us lose anyone, filling that left centre spot with a world class experienced player would be massive.
              True, (even though we didn’t trade anyone for B-Mozz) he was invaluable in the GF. Whatever happens, I trust Trent made the right call.
              EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

True, (even though we didn’t trade anyone for B-Mozz) he was invaluable in the GF. Whatever happens, I trust Trent made the right call.
                They can have Hall and he's big enough to be a forward ,.Problem solved

Comment

• Farmer-Silly it is

Comment

• Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                    Farmer-Silly it is
                    yeah nah

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

yeah nah
                      I’d accept that

Comment

• Do what they do in NFL and NBA, give up a second round draft pick for the next couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Moylan was a straight swap for Maloney, but the rest of what you said is true. Flanagan was a panic purchaser in the market, it was like the money was burning a hole in his pocket. If he had kept his powder dry last year instead of buying Johnson, Mitchell might have ended up at the Sharks!

Comment

• I would be happy to get Morris and swap Hall out if need be. Hall has potential to make up for the disappointment so far, but I am not overly confident about that. We need a centre more than a winger. A swap could work for both clubs (but us more!). Win win. Not sure it will happen though.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                              I would be happy to get Morris and swap Hall out if need be. Hall has potential to make up for the disappointment so far, but I am not overly confident about that. We need a centre more than a winger. A swap could work for both clubs (but us more!). Win win. Not sure it will happen though.
                              Let’s get realistic here. Why would any club want the injury prone Hall? Not even Titans or Tigers would go there.

Comment

• Sharks need a winger; we need a centre. I'd be happy to swap Hall for JMoz, but only if he wanted to go (and why would he). But it doesn't especially make sense for us - we go from having 4 top 3/4s to having 4 top 3/4s.

Comment

Working...
                                X