Latrell 0% chance of being at the club in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

They know it's their year...now got the leading pointscorer, lopsided penalty counts in their favour seemingly every game, all they'll have to do is run all games and the comp is theirs, same as in 2014.
    They will play finals but WILL NOT win the comp with that pack, a 7 who is always playing injured ( plus has lost a lot of his touch with his short kicking ) and a 6 who goes missing in big games. Our pack wont give them any roll on for the likes of Roberts and Mitchell to shine

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

They will play finals but WILL NOT win the comp with that pack, a 7 who is always playing injured ( plus has lost a lot of his touch with his short kicking ) and a 6 who goes missing in big games. Our pack wont give them any roll on for the likes of Roberts and Mitchell to shine
      Manly, Storm and Raiders will account for them comfortably also come the big games

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
        Andrew Webster seems to be really enjoying the fact that Mitchell is leaving us for Souffs, already written 4 articles about it in recent days
        From Andrew Websters latest article......

"But if there’s anything to learn from the two-month circus surrounding Mitchell’s future, it’s that he’s his own man making his own decisions."

Now i know Andrew Webster is a second rate journo but surely even a dick head like him would know what he has stated is totally ludicrous. Latrell's long running fiasco with multiple managers and "guidance" from Anthony Mundine & co cant make it any more obvious that his head has beens screwed up listening to their rubbish advice.

Then he blows smoke up Russell Crowes arse and says .....

The Hollywood actor must have delivered a performance worthy of another Golden Globe because the Rabbitohs will walk away with the deal of a lifetime if they entice the 22-year-old international from the Roosters, their neighbouring enemies since 1908.

Well here's who old Rusty will have to compete with to get Latrell's signature.....no one! He doesn't have an offer on the table. What did Rusty say? Maybe " it's down to us and North Sydney. Take your pick"

Comment

• This entire saga reflects badly on the NRL. There must be a better system for players and fans and teams so we can get on with the season and not this soap opera rubbish. Mitchell is still listed on the NRL.com site as being part of our predicted 2020 squad. What a farce and joke. It’s about the game not one player.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• From FOX Sports - "After months of speculation abandoned Rooster Latrell Mitchell has agreed to a deal with South Sydney — but it’s proved a financially costly move for the superstar.
            Fox Sports understands the 22-year-old met with South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe on Wednesday at his house on the far north NSW coast to finalise a deal worth $600,000 for next season, with the Roosters to pay $120k on top of that amount.

The Rabbitohs will have the option to offer Mitchell a second year worth $800k, if they can move on the likes of Dane Gagai or Alex Johnston to afford him.

It’s somewhat of a humbling result for Mitchell, who was under contract with the tri-colours until the end of 2020 but had an extension offer worth $800,000 a season withdrawn when he told them he wanted to explore other options.

Mitchell confirmed his departure from the Roosters on Instagram, thanking the club, the fans and his teammates.

It also understood that last Saturday South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett contacted Mitchell’s former manager Wayde Rushton and offered a $55k payout so Mitchell could link up with player manager Matt Rose — with the condition that he signs with the Rabbitohs."

Comment

• I cant understand how the NRL can let Souths put him on their books at less than $800K as he rejected $1M from Wests. Anything else would be a blatant rort of the salary cap.

Comment

• As i said Fatrell knocked back the centerlinks offer as of yesterday....he will most likely end up there anyway. They and media jumped the gun on him signing..
                watching souffs fans going into meltdown is a joy....they'll be all looking for their crack dealers today
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Souths have a shit pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                    I cant understand how the NRL can let Souths put him on their books at less than $800K as he rejected $1M from Wests. Anything else would be a blatant rort of the salary cap.
                    Well his contract for this season was with us, so whatever he was going to be paid by us is his current market value, not the $800k or $1m he could have potentially been on in 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Well his contract for this season was with us, so whatever he was going to be paid by us is his current market value, not the $800k or $1m he could have potentially been on in 2021
                      I understand that's what the NRL is saying but he will be asking for a release and signing a new contract for 2020. IMO that new and current contract should be based on his current value and has nothing to do with the contract he signed with the Roosters three years ago. The Roosters contract he is seeking a release from becomes null and void as should all the conditions within that contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                        oh seriously Bondi boy, stop being mr negative Nancy, south's are not an auto shoe in for the premiership , we're b2b premiers so stop all the super negative shit...
                        Darrell da linguist ...not sure if you support this club or not ...if you don't fark off , and if you are a souffs supporter 1 premiership in 45 odd years does not equate success
                        oh that troll who appeared on here today ...did you watch in 2002, 2013, 2018, 2019 ? stacks up pretty well against your 2014 and latrell as good as he is, is not your saviour.
                        thanks .
                        Yes well this 'negative nancy' saw what happened in 2014....run rabbit run, all they had to do was run....not much ball did other teams see.

We don't even have a halfback.
                        We won't have the leading points scorer anymore...Souths have him. I see 'run rabbit run' happening all over again...unless we can do something about it.
                        Maybe start complaining in press conferences as a first measure.

"Look at what Latrell Mitchell has done for the Roosters. In his 97-game career he has scored 65 tries, 209 goals and the aforementioned field goal for a total of 679 points."
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 01-11-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mit...09-p53q6c.html

Another final stumbling block could be the Roosters, who are expected to ask for the $116,000 they have already paid the 22-year-old international since November to be returned to them.

The club has said all along it could only offer him a one-year deal for 2020 and would then have to move on players from 2021 to accommodate a larger deal.

What is certain is that Souths do not have to register a contract for Mitchell at "market value" for the 2020 season, despite reports saying otherwise.

The large deals offered to him by the Roosters and the Wests Tigers are irrelevant to his contract for this year.

According to the NRL, Souths only need to match the value of Mitchell’s current deal with the Roosters. That figure is $700,000, of which two months has already been paid. Other clubs interested in Mitchell have offered to compensate the Roosters for what they’ve already paid him, but it is unlikely Souths would consider it — or have the salary cap space to do so.

#####

No way I'd be signing a one year deal with Souths when I could get a guaranteed 4 year deal with the Tigers at $1m-$1.2m a season.
                          I wouldn't love "the Indigenous club" that much.
                          What if...doing one of my fancy touchdowns I were to injure myself?

I'd be sucking up Madge's reported 'horror training' and saying "Show me the money and the fullback jersey"!
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 01-11-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seventy Five View Post

I understand that's what the NRL is saying but he will be asking for a release and signing a new contract for 2020. IMO that new and current contract should be based on his current value and has nothing to do with the contract he signed with the Roosters three years ago. The Roosters contract he is seeking a release from becomes null and void as should all the conditions within that contract.
                            My understanding is the Roosters are off loading him he is not asking for a release. He said he wanted to test the market & rejected the 800k offer but he never asked for a release. The Roosters then pulled the 800k contract & said we dont want you anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

My understanding is the Roosters are off loading him he is not asking for a release. He said he wanted to test the market & rejected the 800k offer but he never asked for a release. The Roosters then pulled the 800k contract & said we dont want you anymore.
                              And so they should.
                              Last edited by rented tracksuit; 01-11-2020, 12:20 PM.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Yeah, not sure of the technicalities Mickie. My understanding is that if he is to sign a new contract he needs a release from his current contract. My thoughts are still, that a contract commencing in 2020 with a new club has nothing to do with what was previously negotiated with the Roosters and should be based on his 2020 market value.

I will add that my thoughts are generally always influenced by wanting what is of greatest detriment to Souths and have little to do with facts or logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X