Withdrawn contract offers does not mean the player is leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

He believes the fires are the doing of Aboriginal elders that have passed. Has posted images of them appearing in clouds, smoke, fire etc saying they are watching and this is their doing.
    Saw that. Claptrap… Aint nobody got time for superstition.

Respect for your culture is one thing, but fairy tales are pointless.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• i remember Gus Gould saying that he is a centre, and should remain a centre, can Nick / Robbo ask Gus to talk to Latrell, please ! , to talk him around.

i just hate the thought that we could lose him. i know he's been hard work this year, but he's still young, and maturity will kick in.

we have to keep him / convince him to stay. he is destined to be a truly great player; he should be a Rooster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Saw that. Claptrap… Aint nobody got time for superstition.

Respect for your culture is one thing, but fairy tales are pointless.
        No more fairy tale in dreamtime stories than any other religion. And a lot of footy players are religious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Your last paragraph contradicts any argument that he might stay. If they are moving on with negotiations to keep other players they’re not going to backtrack on that if he decides to stay. They’re not going to say, sorry JWH and SST your upgraded offers are off the table because Latrell has changed his mind again. Don’t think Nick Politis that way.
          SST and JWH were always in the plans to be retained. Don't believe that puff piece of journalism.

Latrell's money allows us to top up a couple of retention offers if required and then play in the open market for a player in 2021, how successful we are in the market will determine how much budget we have left if Latrell was to come back and re-open negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post
            I applaud the Chooks for not offering Latrell either FB or 5/8. He isn't suited to either position long term. And we have stellar players in those positions as it is. Team comes first, not the individual.
            100% weaker leadership would have folded into his requests.

I think he could make a good fullback but we already have the best fullback in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

SST and JWH were always in the plans to be retained. Don't believe that puff piece of journalism.

Latrell's money allows us to top up a couple of retention offers if required and then play in the open market for a player in 2021, how successful we are in the market will determine how much budget we have left if Latrell was to come back and re-open negotiations.
              No idea what puff piece you’re talking about. Of course SST & JWH were always in the plans to be retained. The Latrell money now allows those kind of offers to be topped up.

And I doubt Latrell gets to come back and reopen negotiations. He didn’t close them in the first place the club did.

Think you’re really clutching at straws with some of this stuff dude. Time to move onto the next phase.

Comment

100% weaker leadership would have folded into his requests.

I think he could make a good fullback but we already have the best fullback in the game.
                If he totally transformed his body shape and actually took his fitness seriously he might make a good FB, but the current Latrell doesn't have the miles in his body to play FB 80 minutes for 20+ weeks a year. The Chooks figured that out by the end of 2016, which was why Flash Gordon was bought into the club. Despite being 10 odd years his senior, Flash was fitter than Latrell ever was and I suspect ever will be.
                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post

No more fairy tale in dreamtime stories than any other religion. And a lot of footy players are religious.
                  For sure. Same goes for them.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

If he totally transformed his body shape and actually took his fitness seriously he might make a good FB, but the current Latrell doesn't have the miles in his body to play FB 80 minutes for 20+ weeks a year. The Chooks figured that out by the end of 2016, which was why Flash Gordon was bought into the club. Despite being 10 odd years his senior, Flash was fitter than Latrell ever was and I suspect ever will be.
                    Good point, it has been a few years since maybe things have changed but I had totally forgotten this.
                    "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

No idea what puff piece you’re talking about. Of course SST & JWH were always in the plans to be retained. The Latrell money now allows those kind of offers to be topped up.

And I doubt Latrell gets to come back and reopen negotiations. He didn’t close them in the first place the club did.

Think you’re really clutching at straws with some of this stuff dude. Time to move onto the next phase.
                      I'm not particularly concerned if he does leave, I'm excited to see what Billy Smith has to offer. Just providing some balance to all the discussion.

Your point has been noted for the 5th time. Don't have to keep coming into the thread if you wanna move on...

Comment

Love to see you take fitness as seriously as him and play 80 mins of NRL as a centre.

The guy's done nothing but fitness training from a very young age and has the physique of an elite athlete. Like a lot of players these days he's a power athlete who has to play smart in order to conserve energy.

I'm extremely envious of the physique Latrell has developed (all through hard work) because he's fast and super lean but also extremely powerful. Look sure some of that is natural. However, you won't setup a match winning try in the 72nd minute of an NRL grand final on natural talent alone.

Since I raised it... a naturally talented centre with attitude issues and weight issues allowed us to get into the right position for that try. Compare Latrell's physique + attitude to that of BJ's. Now who has played for Australia and won 2 x GFs? On the other hand, who has been excluded from rep footy after assaulting his missus and fallen short during 2 x GFs? Go figure. You'll find one of them is in better physical shape too, while the other took 10 minutes to get to his feet, even when we'd clearly stacked our left edge with our main strike weapons.

Be careful who you call lazy...
                        Last edited by ism22; 11-15-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          Lots of pics Of ..latrell putting out fires in Taree ..time he put his own fire out
                          Yep, a few articles of this in the media.

So called journalists getting info from Facebook and Instashit , and quoting Latrel's words as if they actually did a interview with him. The Internet has made journalists more lazy and incompetent than usual.

As I "follow" Latrel on Instashit, in the last week or so, he did help with fires one afternoon, but spends most of the time on his boat with his mates. The malaka has the same IQ as the number on the back of his jersey lol.

Comment

• Instashit - I like it. Nice one crikey.

For how much longer can this story be milked? I'm hoping it fades soon as I'm completely over the story. Go or don't go, I don't care.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm not particularly concerned if he does leave
                              Lol. Yeah ok.

Comment

• Yep agree , over it , just make up your mind , but probably go would be best

Comment

Working...
                                X