Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Withdrawn contract offers does not mean the player is leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    Regardless of whatever bullshit was going on behind the scenes, I will give Latrell this - he played a blinder in the GF.

We were under the pump almost the whole game but he defended like a beast. And then with a classic counterpunch that would do Ali proud, he played a huge role in the GF winning moment.

But yes, as a whole he underperformed for the majority of the season. He could get away with it at the Roosters but sure as shit won't at a vastly inferior club like the Tigers or Rabbits.
    He sure did have a stormer in the GF. My brother called him as the CC medal winner when the siren went. (I was more with Cords myself, but would have been happy for JWH to get it).
    To our fans we tell you
    If you have not been told
    We play this game for all of us
    We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

A lot of pundits thought he had a quiet GF. It's like if he's not man of every moment, he has under performed.

There was a run he did in the first half, superior to Wighton's try, that would have seen him score if not for Croker putting the hard yards in to get to the other side of the field.

Comment

In my view anyone who thinks Latrell is going to re-sign with the Roosters probably still believes in Santa Claus. He's gone, simple as that, thanks for the memories mate, love what you did for us but time for some other youngster to step up to the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
          In my view anyone who thinks Latrell is going to re-sign with the Roosters probably still believes in Santa Claus. He's gone, simple as that, thanks for the memories mate, love what you did for us but time for some other youngster to step up to the mark.
          Santa Claus definitely does not exist but, while it might be unlikely that Latrell stays, it's still a possibility.
          Anyone - unless they have inside info - who doesn't acknowledge that is overstating their case.

Comment

Perhaps our first piece of inside info is here, straight from a player's mouth:

The Tigers are reportedly preparing a $3 million, three-year deal to land Mitchell after the Sydney Roosters rescinded an $800,000 contract offer to the superstar centre.

Mitchell is apparently keen on switching to fullback if he joins the Tigers. Thompson said the club would welcome Mitchell with “open arms” but he won’t be giving up his fullback position without a fight.

“If Latrell put his mind to it he could kill it at any position but I played there last year and I’m looking forward to playing there again next year,” the 29-year-old told AAP.

“I’m always ready for a good fight for a position.

When Latrell comes he’ll be a great weapon for us.” The Tigers’ big-money bid for Mitchell comes following Ryan Matterson’s controversial transfer from the Tigers to Parramatta.
            https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr....7390d05d4702ce

Sounds like it's basically a done deal according to Thompson. No doubt the Tigers team itself is getting some updates

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post

Sounds like it's basically a done deal according to Thompson. No doubt the Tigers team itself is getting some updates
              That will be a disaster for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Santa Claus definitely does not exist but, while it might be unlikely that Latrell stays, it's still a possibility.
                Anyone - unless they have inside info - who doesn't acknowledge that is overstating their case.
                I crossed him off our roster for 2021 once the Chooks put out a statement saying they had withdrawn their offer. To me it was a public line in the sand moment from the Club regarding Latrell, and I doubt they would backtrack on it. First time I can remember them making that type of public statement.

He may well be with us for 2020 if he can't find a club who can afford him for this season, but I doubt it will be an easy ride. He will no doubt find his previous special privileges generally no longer exist and he may even have to travel to the UK for the WCC rather than the All Stars game.
                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

getting 1 mil at Tigers but will require fb fitness + 100% concentration with minimal chance of playing for rep is a downgrade for LM.

Comment

I may have been a little distracted at the time but did I hear on the radio that he’s being offered 800k next season then 900k for ‘21 and 1 mill for ‘22 by the Tigers? If that’s true then it doesn’t make any sense for him to leave unless there’s some burnt bridges between him/ his manager and the club. Again not sure which station I was listening to at the time and was being distracted and only heard the last bit.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                      I may have been a little distracted at the time but did I hear on the radio that he’s being offered 800k next season then 900k for ‘21 and 1 mill for ‘22 by the Tigers? If that’s true then it doesn’t make any sense for him to leave unless there’s some burnt bridges between him/ his manager and the club. Again not sure which station I was listening to at the time and was being distracted and only heard the last bit.
                      Because at the Roosters he would receive around $450K to $550K next year and $800K for each of the following 2 years. So it is basically $2.7M v about $2.1M here.

Comment

Tigers... Career suicide

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Saw a pic on Facebook of Latrell and family fighting bushfires up at Taree . Great to see him having a break from all the craziness and doing something very worthwhile . Good on him . For what it's worth he and his Dad appeared to be wearing Roosters caps ..

Comment

That's a good observation Chook, but I am not sure you can read too much into it. Players are not necessarily the most articulate speakers and communicators of the English language walking around!
                            Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Saw a pic on Facebook of Latrell and family fighting bushfires up at Taree . Great to see him having a break from all the craziness and doing something very worthwhile . Good on him . For what it's worth he and his Dad appeared to be wearing Roosters caps ..
                              I thought the same until I had a closer look. They were not Roosters caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

That's a good observation Chook, but I am not sure you can read too much into it. Players are not necessarily the most articulate speakers and communicators of the English language walking around!
                                Haha definitely true

Comment

Working...
                                X