Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust in Trent

Comment

Friend's injury is a lot like Matt King when he played with the Rabbitohs in 2013. The Rabbitoh's doctor, the same one who said that Mitch Ross giving the players desiccated deer penis in those arm bands was a good idea, let him play with an unresolved fracture which led to an infection that nearly cost him his arm. Much like the lunacy of Angus Crichton cutting off his finger, I wouldn't risk a player if that could happen.

Comment

I hope they don't play Jake unless he is close to 100%, and don't let any other factors influence the decision, but if he does prove himself ready his presence may lift the team. It's a very hard one, I don't want them to have to carry Verrills on the bench, because I think we need Collins to stiffen up the middle against Melbourne. Radley can fill in for Jake if he has to go off.If Jake is not right Verrills won't let anyone down.

Comment

Yep, Jake or Sam, not both. Happy whichever way Robbo goes.

Comment

I'm secretly hoping it's a smokescreen and it's Sam in, Jake out.

It's going to be a huge ask for Jake to hit the ground really near his top for the biggest game (imo) of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

It's going to be a huge ask for Jake to hit the ground really near his top for the biggest game (imo) of the year.
              Exactly.
              Verrils is the safer option.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Let’s hope the ghosts of the 2017 bench don’t come back to haunt us. Gee Hargreaves out has caused some problems, Can’t have Radley verrills and friend in the same team with him out, but if Jake doesn’t play this week, then he couldn’t possibly start in the GF if we make it without a hit out.

big call for Robbo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                  Friend's injury is a lot like Matt King when he played with the Rabbitohs in 2013. The Rabbitoh's doctor, the same one who said that Mitch Ross giving the players desiccated deer penis in those arm bands was a good idea, let him play with an unresolved fracture which led to an infection that nearly cost him his arm. Much like the lunacy of Angus Crichton cutting off his finger, I wouldn't risk a player if that could happen.
                  To be fair:
                  - Crichton's finger could no longer bend and there was no fix for that. He was constantly flipping a bird and dislocating his finger because it couldn't bend. Cutting it off was a preventative measure for something that would never heal no matter how long he waited.
                  - desiccated deer penis is just stupid.
                  - Any doctor who works with the NRL is basically gonna have ethics that say 'I don't give a fark what we learned at med school in regards to recovery... I'm juat here to get the boys back on the field at all costs'.

IMO playing friend would be a very risky move and it's highly unlikely he's got the fitness or momentum that Verrills has. Further, if he's injured 1/2 way through the game, we can pretty much kiss our grand finals hopes goodbye because it'll crunch our bench rotations outta whack and force players out of position (read... Radley to hooker).

I just think Verrills has earned the right to play. Like it or not he's a solid kid and deserves a chance to collect the premiership ring given Friend's got 2 already and has only played 5 games this season.

Comment

I’m coming around to Jake playing. He would inspire them.

Maybe like Webcke did against us in the 2000 GF, by playing with a broken arm?
                    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

To be fair:
                      - Crichton's finger could no longer bend and there was no fix for that. He was constantly flipping a bird and dislocating his finger because it couldn't bend. Cutting it off was a preventative measure for something that would never heal no matter how long he waited.
                      - desiccated deer penis is just stupid.
                      - Any doctor who works with the NRL is basically gonna have ethics that say 'I don't give a fark what we learned at med school in regards to recovery... I'm juat here to get the boys back on the field at all costs'.

IMO playing friend would be a very risky move and it's highly unlikely he's got the fitness or momentum that Verrills has. Further, if he's injured 1/2 way through the game, we can pretty much kiss our grand finals hopes goodbye because it'll crunch our bench rotations outta whack and force players out of position (read... Radley to hooker).

I just think Verrills has earned the right to play. Like it or not he's a solid kid and deserves a chance to collect the premiership ring given Friend's got 2 already and has only played 5 games this season.
                      With his 10 odd games? Hasn't Jake earned the right to play (as long as fully fit) with his 10 odd years of service?

Comment

I am not for one second suggesting that Jake plays lock, but a few years ago at SFS for some reason he spent a small amount of time in one game as a running forward. He was awesome.

Comment

Anyone questioning Jake's value to our team should re-watch last years grand final.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                            I hope they don't play Jake unless he is close to 100%, and don't let any other factors influence the decision, but if he does prove himself ready his presence may lift the team. It's a very hard one, I don't want them to have to carry Verrills on the bench, because I think we need Collins to stiffen up the middle against Melbourne. Radley can fill in for Jake if he has to go off.If Jake is not right Verrills won't let anyone down.
                            I don't think close is good enough. He needs to be 100% or out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Anyone questioning Jake's value to our team should re-watch last years grand final.
                              I think it's a case of questioning his match fitness rather than his value.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

I think it's a case of questioning his match fitness rather than his value.
                                So Eddie if both Sam and Friend are match fit who are you going with?

Comment

Working...
                                X