No announcement yet.

Verills or freind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Jake will play to be honest. Huge risk to come back at this point in the season. Also no one here including me seems to have much of an idea of Jake's actual condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
      I don't think Jake will play to be honest. Huge risk to come back at this point in the season. Also no one here including me seems to have much of an idea of Jake's actual condition.
      That's never stopped us.

But nah, I'm happy with whichever way Robbo goes. I reckon Sammy can do the job. But if Robbo goes with Jake it's because he's up to it, based on what Robbo has seen him do in training. Thing about Jake is that he's not a johnny come lately. He's been a hard working professional footballer, training his body to do things, for more than a decade. Sammy might actually have the edge on him with his passing game, but Jake's defence and kicking would be good to have.

Comment

Friend is not ready. He can’t be ready. It’s a very late to go changing combinations in an elimination game. I would keep Verrills - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just my opinion.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

That's never stopped us.

But nah, I'm happy with whichever way Robbo goes. I reckon Sammy can do the job. But if Robbo goes with Jake it's because he's up to it, based on what Robbo has seen him do in training. Thing about Jake is that he's not a johnny come lately. He's been a hard working professional footballer, training his body to do things, for more than a decade. Sammy might actually have the edge on him with his passing game, but Jake's defence and kicking would be good to have.
          I agree. A fit Jake Friend is one of the most valuable members of our team. Still some reports that he still has an infected open wound quite recently doesn't sound good. Ah Jake's kicking … lots of rocks and the occasional diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
            Friend is not ready. He can’t be ready. It’s a very late to go changing combinations in an elimination game. I would keep Verrills - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just my opinion.
            Yeah it just doesn't seem very plausible that he is ready to go. Hope we are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Yeah it just doesn't seem very plausible that he is ready to go. Hope we are wrong.
              It will give us all something to whinge about for 6months if it all goes wrong, like it did when toops was selected on the bench in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

It will give us all something to whinge about for 6months if it all goes wrong, like it did when toops was selected on the bench in 2017.
                Imagine what it will be like on here if we don’t go through.

Comment

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/...es-for-return/

He would be very, very foolish to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                    https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/...es-for-return/

He would be very, very foolish to play.
                    Now his tough stickers will be wrecked from the scar
                    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• It’s a rouse surely.

ill be spewing if we punt Verrills

Comment

• Imagine we're having this same debate the week before the GF. The pressure would be unbearable. Who would you play Jake or young Verrills?
                        Roosters For Ever

Comment

• In Robbo we trust

Comment

• What happens with friend if he is fit for the grand final as robbo said he was very close to playing him against the storm?

Comment

• I think he should play if he is close to 100%. I trust them to make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                                What happens with friend if he is fit for the grand final as robbo said he was very close to playing him against the storm?
                                Based on the post match interview with Jake on Channel 9 I would say Jake will probably play the GF. Jake said it was only his calf that kept him out of the game.

I feel for Sammy V but Jake is the co-captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X