No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will keary be back next week? On Matty johns podcast they were saying he was having 3 weeks off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook089 View Post
      Will keary be back next week? On Matty johns podcast they were saying he was having 3 weeks off?
      No he will not be back. His wife is having another baby next week and another the week after.

Comment

• The Roosters can only win the comp if they have their best 17 on the paddock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          The Roosters can only win the comp if they have their best 17 on the paddock.
          No team will have their best 17 on the paddock in the finals series. It's the attrition of a long tough season and our depth is as good as anyone.

Comment

• Watched the game without commentary but turned it on at the end to hear the on field interviews and heard Warren saying that Souths were a realistic chance of finishing third and imagined some of the Warriors boys having a bit of a joke about that as they smoked a bit of weed. "Yeah bro, we're specials. Tee hee hee hee.''

Comment

• Others have probably mentioned it, but one of the great things to come out of last night's game was Cordner's come back. Tackled and ran strong, no errors. Will be firing on all cylinders for the semis.

Comment

• Thought there were a few missed penalties for mid air tackles in the second half.
                If anyone has the heart to watch it again, have a look for me
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

He played 6 minutes because we just had no other real options.

Robbo has far more options this year an until only a couple of rounds ago Collins was averaging an error a game, which for a impact prop playing limited minutes is horrendous. He's turned that around in the last month and it's awesome to see but I just don't think he's proven enough to jump the pecking order ahead of Butcher & Sitili.
                  Sitili has been making errors and missing tackles every game. Last night was another example of why Robbo dropped him a few weeks ago for Lindsay.

The club has massive wraps on lindsay and he was out of form earlier this year and deserved to get dropped but he’s worked his way back up all year and deserves the bench spot

Comment

• i thought the refs were ok tonight.

Comment

• Heaps of Souffs fans carrying on like they just won the GF!
                      Like seriously we had a heap of players out not to mention both sides scored two tries each, they just kicked an extra conversion and scored two penalty goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by nayfo View Post
                        Heaps of Souffs fans carrying on like they just won the GF!
                        Like seriously we had a heap of players out not to mention both sides scored two tries each, they just kicked an extra conversion and scored two penalty goals.
                        Plus it really came down to the last 40 minutes. They scored two trys and we couldnt hit back.

Disappointing we couldnt crack their defence in a high pressure situation (which was the best ive seen it for them for a while). However perfect practice going into finals in my opinion, troops down in a close game where we need to score to win - they'll work hard on what they have to do in that area to win next time

Comment

• The loss and reality check the Roosters had to have. Let's see how they go when it means something.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Was strange that Liu didn't return in the second half, hopefully there is no injury issue there we are going to need him against the Raiders.

Comment

• I have always tried to convince myself that Rads and Murray are of equal ability. I was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                                Others have probably mentioned it, but one of the great things to come out of last night's game was Cordner's come back. Tackled and ran strong, no errors. Will be firing on all cylinders for the semis.
                                I thought cords was terrific last night though his butt was dragging towards the end . The hit out will do him the world of good as it will the rest of the boys.
                                We have been running over lesser teams with ease and needed a tough hit out.
                                Billy Smith showed a ton of heart in those hit outs from our end when Burgess and Murray continually belted him but he never shirked his role.
                                Hope Liu is alright as we will need him if JWH is out and sst is not at full strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X