No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t think we can take much away from that game. Both teams were trash, and had some quality players out. 2 tries to 2 tries. Penalty goals were the difference. Now we have a 9 day break for the quarter finals at the SCG.
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• i guess it is a relevant question now ...do souths have our number in 2019 ...they are 2 from 2 against us this year? i dont know either way, but gee even 10 mins from fulltime j knew we were not going to win that game. a feeling of hopeless resignation .

Comment

• Originally posted by rwbfl View Post
        If memory serves me correctly JWH has 55 carry over points from the Dogs game which would mean a grade 1 dangerous contact charge would see him out next week.

A grade 1 carless high tackle is just a fine, fingers crossed this is what he gets (if anything).

Do charges come out tomorrow?
        He also has something like a 60% loading due to previous offenses over the last 2yrs.

Comment

• Should have heard Tallas going on about how it was JWH responsibility not to make contact with the head and he will have a case to answer.
          Tallas was a thug and forgets that its a contact sport, some times shit happens.
          So frustrating, the problem is that the media have such an influence on the game. Tallas hates us we know that from his recent comments about the relocation BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIDE View Post

Yes, but I only go on here when we clash as its kinda fun the banter with you guys.
            youve been surprisingly magnanimous in victory , enjoy it, souffs played well in that second half , defence was especially good. you are also correct to a point re cam murray, not a god, but still a very good player.
            from the roosters point of view, i said we may need a loss, well we got one, but gee it can be deflating. after the game , i said fark it and went to bed, the missus said sorry for the roosters losing

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

He played in last years preliminary final, don’t see why he wouldn’t trust him this year.
              He played 6 minutes because we just had no other real options.

Robbo has far more options this year an until only a couple of rounds ago Collins was averaging an error a game, which for a impact prop playing limited minutes is horrendous. He's turned that around in the last month and it's awesome to see but I just don't think he's proven enough to jump the pecking order ahead of Butcher & Sitili.

Comment

• Cam Murray was the difference between winning and losing....what a exceptional player he is. Forget about Hass,David Fifita and TPJ- Murray has them all covered. Roosters have got a week and a bit to figure out how to slow his play the balls down without being penalised.

What was with Sam Burgess pulling Billy Smiths hair?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  i guess it is a relevant question now ...do souths have our number in 2019 ...they are 2 from 2 against us this year? i dont know either way, but gee even 10 mins from fulltime j knew we were not going to win that game. a feeling of hopeless resignation .
                  i don’t think so. Those two losses were at the first and last game of the year, and we aren’t very good in the first game, and had key players out this game. The finals will determine if they truely have the wood on us
                  EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    He's turned that around in the last month and it's awesome to see but I just don't think he's proven enough to jump the pecking order ahead of Butcher & Sitili.
                    Sitili’s defence is too poor for mine and with a question mark over SST, I think Robbo might go with Collins.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post
                      Not a bad performance from the Rabbitohs considering they were missing Braiden Burns, James Roberts, George Burgess and Tom Burgess. They'll improve a lot.
                      They were pretty gutsy in defence in the second half and deserved their win. As R6 commented earlier, we went too much sideline to sideline in the second half and made it easier for your defence, and to their credit they kept turning up. Great contest one of the more physical games this season

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post

youve been surprisingly magnanimous in victory , enjoy it, souffs played well in that second half , defence was especially good. you are also correct to a point re cam murray, not a god, but still a very good player.
                        from the roosters point of view, i said we may need a loss, well we got one, but gee it can be deflating. after the game , i said fark it and went to bed, the missus said sorry for the roosters losing
                        Thanks, it was a hard game to watch, probably for both sides but the intensity and effort was there if not the execution.

Yes we won and I am very happy for Souths to have beaten the Roosters twice this year but in the first half the Roosters probably bombed 4 tries and could have been up by more than 20. Our defence in the second half won it for us this evening. It was like we did a Roosters on the Roosters.

Roosters and Souths have players to come back into their 17 but the Roosters have more quality to come back, however, if JWH is out for a week or 2 he will be a massive loss.

Bennett has a pretty good record against TR and if we meet again I am more optimistic about our chances than I was 2 weeks ago.
                        Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                        South Sydney Forever

Comment

• Solid win PRIDE. Thanks for coming. I enjoy the banter you bring.

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post

He also has something like a 60% loading due to previous offenses over the last 2yrs.
                            The commentators called it careless... fine only offence. We can only hope they are right. I honestly didn't think there was much in it.

Comment

• Biggest issue is that they didn't play well enough to beat the Storm. Two lucky tries and that's it pretty much...

Comment

• Collins is currently way ahead of Sitili.

Robbo loves the D, we know this, and Sitili's effort for Souffs second try was absolutely disgraceful.

With question marks surrounding SST, JWH and Zane heading into wk 1 I think Collins is a certainty for a bench spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X