Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Agreed re Waverley. Outstanding rugby school, $15+k p.a, bogan CAS school that has sharply deteriorated.

what did you teach at cranbrook? Legal studies?

scots is a good sporting school but a much different institution that when Tobes went there.

the description of brian the barber as the mayor of rose bay most fitting along with John k from perfection Chocs and bruce Bathgate the chemistbefore he retired. All local legends
    And John from Birds Galore is the unofficial major or North Rose Bay. Not only the best chicken shop in Sydney but the most beautifully decorated shop too with Roosters memorabilia everywhere you look.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Agreed re Waverley. Outstanding rugby school, $15+k p.a, bogan CAS school that has sharply deteriorated.

what did you teach at cranbrook? Legal studies?

scots is a good sporting school but a much different institution that when Tobes went there.

the description of brian the barber as the mayor of rose bay most fitting along with John k from perfection Chocs and bruce Bathgate the chemistbefore he retired. All local legends
      Had to laugh at your bogan CAS comment re Waverley - the best day I had there was when I left and went to Cranbrook many years ago and it was a first at the time. Cranbrook has a fantastatic school Latin motto that translates “ to be rather than to be seem to be”. Waverley was very oppressive unlike Cranbrook which encouraged individuality.

Comment

as Ive mentioned befo.I tell all my Saints mates that he is Billy Smiths grandson and he is a gun and they are all spewing that he is playing for us ...big time ...lol 6 moths later they still believe it.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

They're basically a public school though... they're not a $30k+ a year private school. Nice view from the top of that hill but nothing much else.

Cross went there didn't he? They were always a pretty good rugby school. Whereas, Scots and Cranbrook are a little bit ordinary. Scots occasionally buy players but Crichton's a local so go figure.

Bouris' kids went to Cranbrook (I did some teaching + coaching there) and I parked my car near their house. I wish I had the $$$ to live around there... I'd go for a jog around the water every morning, hit up the Redleaf pool for a few cool-down laps, get my hair cut by that massive bodybuilder in Rose Bay and grab a latte...etc. Such a good lifestyle around there!!! Could have old mates like Nick and Mark over for the odd dannemann in the evening.

If anybody knows somebody around there who's looking to pay $$$ for a mediocre lawyer with 'life experience' who loves a good tangent and spends 1/2 his day either fighting with Axe/Bongdi over politics or having clueless but passionate rants about the footy then let me know. I'm a perfect fit...
          Ricketson went there also. As did Dave Brown.

Their 1st XV is stacked with Roosters development players on scholarships.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

They're basically a public school though... they're not a $30k+ a year private school. Nice view from the top of that hill but nothing much else.

Cross went there didn't he? They were always a pretty good rugby school. Whereas, Scots and Cranbrook are a little bit ordinary. Scots occasionally buy players but Crichton's a local so go figure.

Bouris' kids went to Cranbrook (I did some teaching + coaching there) and I parked my car near their house. I wish I had the $$$ to live around there... I'd go for a jog around the water every morning, hit up the Redleaf pool for a few cool-down laps, get my hair cut by that massive bodybuilder in Rose Bay and grab a latte...etc. Such a good lifestyle around there!!! Could have old mates like Nick and Mark over for the odd dannemann in the evening.

If anybody knows somebody around there who's looking to pay $$$ for a mediocre lawyer with 'life experience' who loves a good tangent and spends 1/2 his day either fighting with Axe/Bongdi over politics or having clueless but passionate rants about the footy then let me know. I'm a perfect fit...
            Brian the barber! Big unit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

And John from Birds Galore is the unofficial major or North Rose Bay. Not only the best chicken shop in Sydney but the most beautifully decorated shop too with Roosters memorabilia everywhere you look.

They had the best hot chips and chicken salt ever..haven’t been there for years but loved them as a kid. Loved seeing the Roosters stuff up everywhere too

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

They had the best hot chips and chicken salt ever..haven’t been there for years but loved them as a kid. Loved seeing the Roosters stuff up everywhere too
                “Have” the best hot chips. Nothing has changed.
                And it’s referred to as Roosters Salt these days not chicken salt.

Comment

Originally posted by can'tkeepagoodcoqdown View Post

Brian the barber! Big unit lol
                  Stares every person down who walks past. He owns that strip.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thirteen;n783832]

Stares every person down who walks past. He owns that

Thirteen, do you remember him at the gym? The ****er use to draw lines in front of the mirror so everyone knew that was his spot in front of the mirror

Comment

Billy seems to going great for the bears with only two games back! 2 trys last week, 3 trys this week...great effort straight back from an acl

how long till he gets a shot at first grade? Hall/Morris in front of him for now based on their experience, surely he is close already to passing ikavalu in the ranks

Comment

I think Billy should visit Brian for a haircut.

Comment

Rose Bay?
                          bondi boy was born in Rose Bay. A 'war is over' celebration baby.
                          Lived in a semi at Bondi until he was 4...then the family moved away...to buy a double block of land in the northern suburbs...plenty of room.
                          Attended a public school.
                          Had a bit of trouble being bullied, until befriended by a Lebanese boy from his suburb who carried a flick-knife. Yo!

What if you don't like Brian's haircut?

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Tim Tszyu go to Cranbrook ?
                            He (and brothers) went to Newington.
                            Scots and Cranbrook at least will give you an education (although 1 road in 1 road out) . Waverley is feral central many ways, had some decent footballers come out of there but it certainly had nothing to do with the coaching htere I hear its getting better on the education side but plenty of dickheads dominating
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                              Billy seems to going great for the bears with only two games back! 2 trys last week, 3 trys this week...great effort straight back from an acl

how long till he gets a shot at first grade? Hall/Morris in front of him for now based on their experience, surely he is close already to passing ikavalu in the ranks
                              Big fan of Billy and it's great to see him starting to hit some form in reserve grade. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Comment

I like what I've seen in the two televised Bears games. He sure knows his way to the line. Some of those five tries from two games weren't walkovers either. He is a thinking player who puts himself into position and can run the gaps. He is also willing to chance his arm if a kick ahead is the closest roue to the line.

Lanky in the Fergo mould but not as muscular of course and only young. But his size gives him a powerful fend and when he hits full stride, looks to have some pace. Still coming back after knee reconstruction and unlikely to be 'risked' in first grade anytime soon. If he can turn out to be our Bronson Xerri I'll be very happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X