Soo 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    Another thing I noticed last night is that Cook 8 times out of ten passes left to right from dummy half. So another reason Latrell didn’t see much ball.
    Well noted. On so many occasions we were saying “ go left” only for him to go right. Maybe it was a deliberate ploy as Queensland would’ve been expecting us to go more left and Freddy wanted to catch them out.

Comment

• Teddy and Cook our obvious standouts. Both at the top of their games.

It's just as well they are in separate NRL teams, to keep things fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by OMR View Post

Well noted. On so many occasions we were saying “ go left” only for him to go right. Maybe it was a deliberate ploy as Queensland would’ve been expecting us to go more left and Freddy wanted to catch them out.
        I watched game 3 of last year yesterday and Cook did the same thing. I think it’s his favoured pass, left to right. Not that it matters but I feel Latrell is being made the scapegoat in the media and I think it’s unfair. You can’t do a lot if the ball doesn’t come your way. The sin binning was dumb but it’s not why we lost the game. Latrell actually made a try saving tackle last night and got blamed a few times for defensive errors when it was Walker who had the missed tackle.

Comment

• I like Cook, but last night he had a very mixed game. His kicking close to the line was rubbish and his defence was not good. 8 missed tackles and many more bad reads
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
            I like Cook, but last night he had a very mixed game. His kicking close to the line was rubbish and his defence was not good. 8 missed tackles and many more bad reads
            Agree. Just so dangerous in attack but very average in defence. He shouldn't really be kicking the ball. Leave that to Cords.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              Teddy and Cook our obvious standouts. Both at the top of their games.

It's just as well they are in separate NRL teams, to keep things fair.
              While Jake doesn't possess the speed of Cook, I think apart from his running he is better in every other aspect of the game.

Comment

• I'm thinking Freddy will be reluctant to punt anyone after one game, but there will be mountains of speculation and media pressure no doubt.

He will probably challenge all of them to go and tear it up with their club sides, before making final decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

While Jake doesn't possess the speed of Cook, I think apart from his running he is better in every other aspect of the game.
                  I agree 100%. Can’t wait for Jake to return. He is sorely missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    I'm thinking Freddy will be reluctant to punt anyone after one game, but there will be mountains of speculation and media pressure no doubt.

He will probably challenge all of them to go and tear it up with their club sides, before making final decisions.
                    If Freddy doesn’t change the halves pairing we will get the same outcome. Can’t use Reynolds. Seems he has a fracture in his back. Only other alternative is to bring back Moloney. Maybe even give Pearce a go. Would probably do a good job considering the form he has been in. Either way Walker has to go. How about Pearce and Moloney together again? I reckon they would kill it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

If Freddy doesn’t change the halves pairing we will get the same outcome. Can’t use Reynolds. Seems he has a fracture in his back. Only other alternative is to bring back Moloney. Maybe even give Pearce a go. Would probably do a good job considering the form he has been in. Either way Walker has to go. How about Pearce and Moloney together again? I reckon they would kill it.
                      Maloney was why we won last year, Cleary was happened to be on the same team. Think you are on the money with this one, and would be great for JuJu to have another crack at it.

Comment

• A wag on Facebook said it's the last time Cody Walker will have to worry about not singing the anthem

Comment

• Cody Walker was never going to shine at SOO level. He is at his best when he has plenty of room to move and that doesn't happen at SOO level. Flashiness doesn't suit SOO and that's all Walker is - flashy.

Fittler was blinded by the media lovefest with the bloke. Big mistake on his part. Bring Jimmy back for game 2 - tough and durable. 2 things Walker aint.

Walker can basically thank Luke Keary for everything he has achieved in the NRL. He'd be a career reserve grader if Luke hadn't found greener pasture at the Chooks and he got his first, and hopefully last, SOO appearance thanks to Luke's concussion issues.
                          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                            Cody Walker was never going to shine at SOO level. He is at his best when he has plenty of room to move and that doesn't happen at SOO level. Flashiness doesn't suit SOO and that's all Walker is - flashy.

Fittler was blinded by the media lovefest with the bloke. Big mistake on his part. Bring Jimmy back for game 2 - tough and durable. 2 things Walker aint.

Walker can basically thank Luke Keary for everything he has achieved in the NRL. He'd be a career reserve grader if Luke hadn't found greener pasture at the Chooks and he got his first, and hopefully last, SOO appearance thanks to Luke's concussion issues.
                            My thoughts as well. Walker's selection reminds of the Cliff Lyons selections in origin in the late 80s or early 90s. Didn't work out then either. Walker really was found out last night and unfortunately it didn't help Cordner, Mitchell and Addo-Carr on that side of the field.

Comment

• I agree with those calling for Jimmy to return for the next game . Lacked cohesion in the halves and without that how can you bring the weapons like Latrell and the fox into the game . Did anyone notice someone , I think it was benk hunt, rip Cords boot off and hurl it into the crowd ? Something I don't recall seeing on a football field (the toss ) before and Farking unsportsmanlike . But that shouldn't come as a surprise when you're dealing with a team of grubs like queersland ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post
                                I agree with those calling for Jimmy to return for the next game . Lacked cohesion in the halves and without that how can you bring the weapons like Latrell and the fox into the game . Did anyone notice someone , I think it was benk hunt, rip Cords boot off and hurl it into the crowd ? Something I don't recall seeing on a football field (the toss ) before and Farking unsportsmanlike . But that shouldn't come as a surprise when you're dealing with a team of grubs like queersland ..
                                Hadn't seen it since Jimmy did the same thing playing for us.

But yeah, the left side struggled.

Comment

Working...
                                X