Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lachlan Lam up to it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I think we have what I would call soft teams coming up give the young hooker verellis to bloom next 3 games .Radly is a champ but his service is up and down and around very noticable yesterday.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

    Comment


    • #62
      I'm on board with blooding Verellis for a few NRL games and maybe swapping around with Radley for Friend's time out. Both have speed out of dummy half and Radley has handled the role well, admitting his passing game could use some tightening up.

      I think it was GMan who earlier mentioned our backrow. We do have a surplus of talent here and moving Radley would not overly weaken. What it would do is provide useful NRL game time to the budding 'contenders' and enable us who to keep on the roster for 2020.

      On the Lam question - not as a regular at this stage. It would be interesting to know what Cronk said at the half time break. Whatever it was Cronk looked very serious and Lam didn't look too happy. Friend gave him a pat on the head. The second half was little better. But then he performed well against Manly when there wasn't such pressure as starting in an Anzac game. I think the occasion got to him.
      Last edited by Louis N; 04-26-2019, 02:27 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

        Why not? The club waited for ten years for Mitchell Pearce to come good.
        True.

        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

          They won't make that same mistake again.
          Exactly.

          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            I think we have what I would call soft teams coming up give the young hooker verellis to bloom next 3 games .Radly is a champ but his service is up and down and around very noticable yesterday.
            The dummy half playing for the Bears goes pretty well also.

            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              The dummy half playing for the Bears goes pretty well also.
              Brad Deitz, former U20's player.
              His old man had something to do in our juniors system.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by theGman View Post
                With Friend out for a lengthy period & Keary returning, i reckon Lam would slot into the hooker position nicely with Sam Verrills coming off the bench.
                Such a move also gives us flexibility if our halves are injured.
                certainly not the worst suggestion I have heard. Lam's defence was good, passing good too, and sharing with Verrills might be an option. But I would like to see Verrills get a go probably sharing the role with Radley for starters

                Comment


                • #68
                  It wouldnt even be a bad idea to let Lam fill in at hooker...at least he will learn how to tackle quick smart.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                    This is a ridiculous thread and some of the comments bagging a guy having his first starting game are over the top. I just watched the game again. Lam was solid. No big errors. Threw the pass for Tedesco to score, was good in defence, including the tackle that stopped Hunt from scoring and probably saved the game. Good service from dummy half. And if Tedesco had followed him instead of giving up on the play we probably score.
                    You need to buy a new TV, he was terrible. All he had to do was draw the fullback and pass the ball yet somehow it's Tedesco's fault for not knowing the clown would attempt the hero play.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I won't bag Lam out too much for a split second decision. The right move may have been to pass off to Teddy and then back up as it looked a certain try.

                      But the pass would have to be spot on, Tedesco wasn't exactly close, and the kid was travelling at top speed. He elected to go for broke, knowing that would attract the defense further to the left. Then threw a no look speculator. It wasn't a hanging offense although probably would have been (judging by the reaction) had we lost.

                      Overall he has been good this year and I've seen a lot of worse performances under pressure. Who can top Brendon Hall's classic conversion miss from right in front and about fifteen metres out to ice a game against St George some years back. Instead it iced our afternoon. Lantern jaws all-round.

                      Lam's form for the Bears has been good and he was going into this match with 50 mins NRL experience. And in that Manly game his defence was very strong. Trust in Trent.

                      The earlier suggestion that he be considered as a 'fill in' hooker wouldn't delight Lachlan, but it's not as crazy as it sounds. I doubt it's on the radar though. I still think Butcher would handle this middle role well enough but maybe his kicking is not so up to par.
                      Last edited by Louis N; 04-27-2019, 02:15 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Pearce hastings and lam. Na I'm not going there

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

                          You need to buy a new TV, he was terrible. All he had to do was draw the fullback and pass the ball yet somehow it's Tedesco's fault for not knowing the clown would attempt the hero play.
                          This post is absolute rubbish, he wasn't TERRIBLE at all. I really can't comprehend how you feel the need to say something so stupid two days after the game. Maybe I can understand someone going off in the heat of the moment if a player makes multiple mistakes and costs us a game, but even that should be tempered to allow for an inexperienced young player in his first starting game filling in for one of our stars on a huge pressure occasion like Anzac day.

                          There is just no excuse for it. No matter how passionate anyone feels about their team and all that crap. Lam made the tackle on Hunt on the line that saved the farking game you goose. His overall game was solid and I am sure he was playing to instructions from the coach. He didn't let anyone down. Maybe he could have done something differently, and if he had passed to Tedesco and set up a try would he be the new Messiah? It was a split second decision, made under pressure, but certainly not worthy of a general bagging.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

                            This post is absolute rubbish, he wasn't TERRIBLE at all. I really can't comprehend how you feel the need to say something so stupid two days after the game. Maybe I can understand someone going off in the heat of the moment if a player makes multiple mistakes and costs us a game, but even that should be tempered to allow for an inexperienced young player in his first starting game filling in for one of our stars on a huge pressure occasion like Anzac day.

                            There is just no excuse for it. No matter how passionate anyone feels about their team and all that crap. Lam made the tackle on Hunt on the line that saved the farking game you goose. His overall game was solid and I am sure he was playing to instructions from the coach. He didn't let anyone down. Maybe he could have done something differently, and if he had passed to Tedesco and set up a try would he be the new Messiah? It was a split second decision, made under pressure, but certainly not worthy of a general bagging.
                            Lol tell us how you really feel, Are you Lam Snr ? Lam is a young player that only proved he isn't quite up to NRL standard and made a couple of bad choices. Time will tell.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

                              This post is absolute rubbish, he wasn't TERRIBLE at all. I really can't comprehend how you feel the need to say something so stupid two days after the game. Maybe I can understand someone going off in the heat of the moment if a player makes multiple mistakes and costs us a game, but even that should be tempered to allow for an inexperienced young player in his first starting game filling in for one of our stars on a huge pressure occasion like Anzac day.

                              There is just no excuse for it. No matter how passionate anyone feels about their team and all that crap. Lam made the tackle on Hunt on the line that saved the farking game you goose. His overall game was solid and I am sure he was playing to instructions from the coach. He didn't let anyone down. Maybe he could have done something differently, and if he had passed to Tedesco and set up a try would he be the new Messiah? It was a split second decision, made under pressure, but certainly not worthy of a general bagging.
                              Lam wasnt terrible as a whole.....but he absolutely slaughtered the break with Tedesco in support.

                              No idea if he is up to it but you can be sure he hasn't shown enough for the club not to be looking at the market to see who is available for the future

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Like Lam to a slaughter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X