Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Is Lachlan Lam up to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Way too early to criticise him.
    Agree completely Thirteen. Patience.

I think he will be right.
    To our fans we tell you
    If you have not been told
    We play this game for all of us
    We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Im ok with Lammy learning but yeah I would send him back to Norths for a few lessons.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I think he's still a bit clunky and still getting to know the players around him. There was one run where he ran into the wrong space and afterwards sort of looked at Cronk as if to say 'sorry mate'. His work rate is fine and I'm sure he will get better as the year goes on
        Clunky is fine though, like you say he's still learning new combos and we've got to remember he was out for most of the pre-season.

I've said it a lot now but sometimes I think his workrate hurts him, he's got some real quality in his play, he doesn't need to be making 35 tackles a game.

Comment

I thought he had a great game! Did what was expected of his run-on debut which was not to overplay his hand.
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Only on the Chookpen.
            Way to early to call.
            Originally posted by Chook;n805564
            Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Im ok with Lammy learning but yeah I would send him back to Norths for a few lessons.
              Players will learn even when they've played 200+ games. Friend had Manu running in to a massive gap yet passed to Ikuvalu. Friend knew it too - he'll learn.
              "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Clunky is fine though, like you say he's still learning new combos and we've got to remember he was out for most of the pre-season.

I've said it a lot now but sometimes I think his workrate hurts him, he's got some real quality in his play, he doesn't need to be making 35 tackles a game.
                It would be nice if he looked over at the opposite edge and saw some of the tough carries his skipper was taking

Comment

Lams mistake was hogging that ball going for glory for a try but apart from that he was ok for his first game. He will be back for the SOO period and he will learn from this.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                    Lams mistake was hogging that ball going for glory for a try but apart from that he was ok for his first game. He will be back for the SOO period and he will learn from this.
                    well it was bad choice he backed him self to out speed the fastes bloke on the field.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Didn’t play well today but now has a match on the big stage in front of 38k fans under his belt

great to have if Cronk or keary goes down pre semis. Clever move Robbo
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I wouldn’t be criticising the kid after an off game today,he will learn from it and become a better player for it..

In saying that when Cronk calls it quits I would prefer Brock Lamb partnering Keary in the halves as opposed to Lammy!

I think Brock has the higher upside and could turn into a special 6 or 7 under Trent!

Comment

Time will tell but let’s cut the crap, he was little more than a passenger today. Our club is quite ruthless and they won’t wait all season for him to produce in First Grade before considering other options for next year.

Comment

My opinion playing five eight is such a crucial position. He is only a kid and was involved in one of the hardest games of the year. Has a lot to learn but has potential, needs minutes to mature.

Comment

Back to Norths mate.

Comment

Well done Lammy today. You will only get better.
                                Remember Matt Ikuvalu's first game this year? We all had him cut from the squad!

I'll back you.

Comment

Working...
                                X