Is Lachlan Lam up to it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smee View Post
    On today's effort, I'd say absolutely..............not. Hogs the ball when Teddy would have scored under the posts. Drops the ball cold several times early in the tackle count. And defensively caught out several times.
    Wow another ridiculous chookpen post bagging an inexperienced young player. Smee in case you donít know
    1. The NRL is tough
    2. Inexperienced players PARTICULARLY playmakers take time.
    3. ANZAC Day is as tough a round game as you will get
    4. 9 runs for 93 meters, 1 offload 1 tackle break. 17 tackles in his 2nd or 3rd game

your a fool

Comment

I think he's a better prospect than SOS was. He didn't look hopelessly out of place and, if you include his half game earlier in the year, he could be alright.

We've got a few guys coming off contract in a couple of years and if we don't have to buy an established superstar half and can get Lachie up to speed, it would be a real bonus.

Comment

I thought he was good. Only the freaks can walk into grade and dominate.

If you cast your mind back to early last season, we had a club debutante who I thought was hogging the ball, stifling our attack, trying too hard. He was James Tedesco. He ended up ok by the end of the season.
        Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

If you cast your mind back to early last season, we had a club debutante who I thought was hogging the ball, stifling our attack, trying too hard. He was James Tedesco. He ended up ok by the end of the season.
          All true...plus it's likely his first run at the SCG. The old girl has made many a player look silly. Did you see Coops today?
          Apparently Bob Marley hated going to the Hairdresser. Always dreaded it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

All true...plus it's likely his first run at the SCG. The old girl has made many a player look silly. Did you see Coops today?
            Yeah, he wasnít quite sure where he was aiming.

Cooper defended well today
            Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

The worst buy of the history? Lol!

Comment

Lam did well. He did not over play his hand. Several times he played it safe and held the ball. I am ok with that.
                The break and flick pass was silly, but an experience thing.
                From memory I think he had a bit of a mixed bag in defence but sometimes it was hard to tell who was how
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

This thread has the same bad smell about it as the Ikavalu thread after his first game this year. Seriously give the kid some time.
                  Iím sure heíll cop it in the video session about some of his non service To his team mates but wait to he bounces back and has a blinder during origin and a new thread is started about him being our next saviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    Lam did well. He did not over play his hand. Several times he played it safe and held the ball. I am ok with that.
                    The break and flick pass was silly, but an experience thing.
                    From memory I think he had a bit of a mixed bag in defence but sometimes it was hard to tell who was how
                    Where i was sitting at the ground i couldn't tell who was who and the screens didn't help much either. Need to watch a replay to form an opinion on Lam

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                      I wouldnít be criticising the kid after an off game today,he will learn from it and become a better player for it..

In saying that when Cronk calls it quits I would prefer Brock Lamb partnering Keary in the halves as opposed to Lammy!

I think Brock has the higher upside and could turn into a special 6 or 7 under Trent!
                      Agree bring in Brock Lamb. I learnt to draw and pass in under 8's. That was an unprofessional effort from Lam. Then to think he could just flick the ball back like it was an A grade game down the park.
                      He was terrible watching live and no doubt will look even worse on replay. Robbo and his dumb ass trick shots. Play Collins and Aubo in the centres. Lam left right out.

Comment

It was obvious from the start that Cronk was going to take control so Lam was never going to stand out. Hey Lam was taking the place of last years Clive Churchill winner and a dual premiership 5/8....was anyone expecting a Keary like performance? He will learn from that try he murdered. Give the boy time

Comment

This is a ridiculous thread and some of the comments bagging a guy having his first starting game are over the top. I just watched the game again. Lam was solid. No big errors. Threw the pass for Tedesco to score, was good in defence, including the tackle that stopped Hunt from scoring and probably saved the game. Good service from dummy half. And if Tedesco had followed him instead of giving up on the play we probably score.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I think he's still a bit clunky and still getting to know the players around him. There was one run where he ran into the wrong space and afterwards sort of looked at Cronk as if to say 'sorry mate'. His work rate is fine and I'm sure he will get better as the year goes on
                            That's what I reckon.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

His old man would have been on the blower last night quizzing him about not passing.

He was found wanting a couple of times in defence.

It was a big game to make your staring debut. He'll need to improve next time he is given an opportunity. As mentioned above, the club won't wait around for him to come good.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

With Friend out for a lengthy period & Keary returning, i reckon Lam would slot into the hooker position nicely with Sam Verrills coming off the bench.
                                Such a move also gives us flexibility if our halves are injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X