X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

You really got zero idea- nil
    Obviously not.

But I am so grateful for 2 things. 1 That Gould has nothing to do with the Roosters now and 2 I have foxtel and don't have to listen to his mindless dribble based on which team he has bet on.

but thanks for the laugh with B and C. Especially B. That's so Gould
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
      Indeed it’s a great read that’s all inclusive of the facts however the story has been written before by another whereas Gould has written a updated and more statistical story based on the original. Journalistic plagiarism by Gus however this read for the masses will only further the socio demographic hang up and dislike.
      I must have missed that earlier article.

Comment

A great article and thanks for sharing it. Gould is an enigma but had plenty of success as both a player and a coach, has probably forgotten more about Rugby League that most of us will ever know. Good on him for putting some facts out there that many of our detractors would never have known.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
          we as a club owe gus a lot, pretty grim times the decade before he arrived with a player who as i recall could play a bit.
          Yes. Matt Sing was a great winger. And that Brad Fittler was alright on his day too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Obviously not.

But I am so grateful for 2 things. 1 That Gould has nothing to do with the Roosters now and 2 I have foxtel and don't have to listen to his mindless dribble based on which team he has bet on.

but thanks for the laugh with B and C. Especially B. That's so Gould
            Well mate i'm glad b & c gave you a laugh. Now go stick your head in a bucket of sand and pretend it's not true

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
              Indeed it’s a great read that’s all inclusive of the facts however the story has been written before by another whereas Gould has written a updated and more statistical story based on the original. Journalistic plagiarism by Gus however this read for the masses will only further the socio demographic hang up and dislike.
              Bondi Boy this subject has been discussed in detail on this forum. It is pleasing that Phil Gould has expanded on the subject.

The latest variation
              • Frozen Chook
                Frozen Chook
                Chookpen Members

10-06-2018, 09:44 PM
                If we look at our current first grade squad and grand final team(in bold) the success of the club is based on a long term succession planning process of players developed at the club, signing key players in the middle ground of the games playing stock, some who are at times on the outer at their club and a very small number of well-established players.

Even if we look at our Coach, Trent Robinson, he came to us as a relatively untested coach by NRL standards.

Many current sports journalists (the regurgitators) don’t want to do the research required for their jobs and to quote a former Prime Minister they are like a dog returning to its own vomit which has a vintage from the early 70’s.

The only continuum throughout the nearly fifty years of this tired old rerun of a story is the son of Greek migrants, Nick Politis, who built a very successful business and football club. Nick saw all of the potential models of how success could be achieved including the super mid 70’s team, the transit lounge era and the game’s Super League misadventure.

Now we have a model based on developing a core of young players supported by strategic signings of key players to compliment the maturing footballers and a number of signings of mid-range players.

Nick has always struck me as a fiercely independent person and it doesn’t surprise me that he has found himself at times at odds with the NRL establishment and the media sycophants and hanger ons.

Over the forty odd years I have followed Easts I have never spoken to Nick until this year when I was by myself in the stand at the Penrith trial and Nick passed by down the steps, when he turned and saw an Easts supporter he came back up said hello and shook by hand to check in on how we would go this year.

We both agreed on one thing that was to eventuate last week.

What do they say about football and the 1 percenters?

Developed at Easts SG BALL – under 20’s – etc. or debuted at Easts

Bernard Lewis
                Billy Smith
                Joseph Manu
                Brendan Frei
                Lachlan Lam
                Latrell Mitchell
                Sean O'Sullivan
                Boyd Cordner
                Brock Gray
                Dylan Napa
                Eloni Vunakece
                Jake Friend
                Joshua Curran
                Lindsay Collins
                Mitchell Aubusson
                Matt Ikuvalu
                Isaac Liu
                Paul Momirovski
                Poasa Faamausili
                Reuben Porter
                Sitili Tupouniua
                Victor Radley

Players who were not wanted by their clubs or late-early stage of their careers

Blake Ferguson
                Daniel Tupou
                Reece Robinson
                Frank-Paul Nuuausala
                Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
                Kurt Baptiste
                Nat Butcher
                Mitchell Cornish
                Ryan Matterson
                Siosiua Taukeiaho
                Zane Tetevano

Major signing of established and successful NRL first graders-rep players

Cooper Cronk
                James Tedesco
                Luke Keary
                + More Options

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

Bondi Boy this subject has been discussed in detail on this forum. It is pleasing that Phil Gould has expanded on the subject.

The latest variation
                • Frozen Chook
                  Frozen Chook
                  Chookpen Members

10-06-2018, 09:44 PM
                  If we look at our current first grade squad and grand final team(in bold) the success of the club is based on a long term succession planning process of players developed at the club, signing key players in the middle ground of the games playing stock, some who are at times on the outer at their club and a very small number of well-established players.

Even if we look at our Coach, Trent Robinson, he came to us as a relatively untested coach by NRL standards.

Many current sports journalists (the regurgitators) don’t want to do the research required for their jobs and to quote a former Prime Minister they are like a dog returning to its own vomit which has a vintage from the early 70’s.

The only continuum throughout the nearly fifty years of this tired old rerun of a story is the son of Greek migrants, Nick Politis, who built a very successful business and football club. Nick saw all of the potential models of how success could be achieved including the super mid 70’s team, the transit lounge era and the game’s Super League misadventure.

Now we have a model based on developing a core of young players supported by strategic signings of key players to compliment the maturing footballers and a number of signings of mid-range players.

Nick has always struck me as a fiercely independent person and it doesn’t surprise me that he has found himself at times at odds with the NRL establishment and the media sycophants and hanger ons.

Over the forty odd years I have followed Easts I have never spoken to Nick until this year when I was by myself in the stand at the Penrith trial and Nick passed by down the steps, when he turned and saw an Easts supporter he came back up said hello and shook by hand to check in on how we would go this year.

We both agreed on one thing that was to eventuate last week.

What do they say about football and the 1 percenters?

Developed at Easts SG BALL – under 20’s – etc. or debuted at Easts

Bernard Lewis
                  Billy Smith
                  Joseph Manu
                  Brendan Frei
                  Lachlan Lam
                  Latrell Mitchell
                  Sean O'Sullivan
                  Boyd Cordner
                  Brock Gray
                  Dylan Napa
                  Eloni Vunakece
                  Jake Friend
                  Joshua Curran
                  Lindsay Collins
                  Mitchell Aubusson
                  Matt Ikuvalu
                  Isaac Liu
                  Paul Momirovski
                  Poasa Faamausili
                  Reuben Porter
                  Sitili Tupouniua
                  Victor Radley

Players who were not wanted by their clubs or late-early stage of their careers

Blake Ferguson
                  Daniel Tupou
                  Reece Robinson
                  Frank-Paul Nuuausala
                  Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
                  Kurt Baptiste
                  Nat Butcher
                  Mitchell Cornish
                  Ryan Matterson
                  Siosiua Taukeiaho
                  Zane Tetevano

Major signing of established and successful NRL first graders-rep players

Cooper Cronk
                  James Tedesco
                  Luke Keary
                  + More Options
                Umm that's not Bondi Boy. Bondi Boy is the Roosters wing coach and resident stadia expert who likes to get under the skin of ism, almost as much as the axe does.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Yes. Matt Sing was a great winger. And that Brad Fittler was alright on his day too.
                  i was referring to graham mackay

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Umm that's not Bondi Boy. Bondi Boy is the Roosters wing coach and resident stadia expert who likes to get under the skin of ism, almost as much as the axe does.
                    Sorry my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

i was referring to graham mackay
                      Thought so.

It was once said that, to beat Graham Mackay, you had to think like Graham Mackay.

Comment

Great article from Gus. He’s back in my good books......for now. But I’m still giving his commentary and that of his annoying co-commentator a miss.

Comment

> Look through the team lists and you will find a myriad of players who were at the Roosters prior to making their NRL debut, but are now playing elsewhere. Contrary to conventional wisdom, the Roosters have had to let many of these players go, but the players will still speak highly of their early years with the Roosters. They are all in the senior squads at their current clubs: Kenny-Dowall, Guerra, Tautau Moga, Connor Watson, Pearce (Knights); Joseph Leilua, Jack Murchie, Iosia Soliola (Raiders); Ryley Jacks, Treymain Spry (Titans); Jahrome Hughes, Sandor Earl (Storm); Brad Takairangi, Kane Evans (Parramatta); Tuivasa-Sheck, Jackson Frei, Leivaha Pulu, Taane Milne, Blake Ayshford (Warriors); John Asiata, Javid Bowen, Nene Macdonald (Cowboys); Momirovski, Matterson, Esan Marsters, Luke Garner (Tigers); Rhyse Martin, Napa (Bulldogs); Sean O'Sullivan, Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos); James Tamou, Frank Winterstein (Panthers); Ethan Lowe (Souths); Brendan Elliot, Lloyd Perrett (Manly); Kurt Capewell, Braden Hamlin-Uele (Sharks).

> That's 37 players, plus 19 of the 29-man Roosters squad, and it's possible I have missed a few. It's impressive, to say the least.

Decent list!!! I didn't know we had guys like Ofahengaue, Ethan Lowe and Javid Bowen. Decent list!!!

Comment

Lol...only if you knew
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

That’s what I was thinking when I read the line also.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I think someone else wrote it and Gould just did cut and paste!

Comment

Working...
                                X