X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smee
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Doesn't sound promising. He may be gone.
    If there is a good culture at the Roosters, which I believe there is he'll stay. Barring some massive cap rorting offer from $ouff$ (which wouldn't surprise me).

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    Robbo doesn’t seem too concerned in the Captains Run presser, although he’s not giving too much away he said Latrell is here for this year and next. I still wish we could get him extended beyond that. Same goes for Joey.
    Doesn't sound promising. He may be gone.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Robbo doesn’t seem too concerned in the Captains Run presser, although he’s not giving too much away he said Latrell is here for this year and next. I still wish we could get him extended beyond that. Same goes for Joey.

Leave a comment:

• Bansai Pipeline
    replied
    I actually think I started the Latrell to Souths to replace Inglis rumour.

My paranoid drug addled brain cooked it up early in the season

Leave a comment:

• Roosta4life
    replied
    Hopefully Keary just tells Latrell how crap Crowe is.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    I think they’ll get Jimmy the Jet to replace G’DUI’ because they have a YES Dickhead policy which is why Sam Burgii and Cody Walker are so much loved down Redfern way.
    A Yes Dickhead policy.....lol..love it.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    I think they’ll get Jimmy the Jet to replace G’DUI’ because they have a YES Dickhead policy which is why Sam Burgii and Cody Walker are so much loved down Redfern way.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterFanNZ
    replied
    'There’s a lot going on with Latrell': Fresh twist in Latrell Mitchell South Sydney rumours

NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has revealed Latrell Mitchell is undergoing “manager problems” amid reports South Sydney are interested in making a play for the Roosters superstar.

Speculation was rife on Monday after reports emerged the Roosters were aware there had been people in Mitchell’s ear suggesting a move to Redfern would be the right fit in the wake of Greg Inglis recent retirement.

A mesmerising performance against the Storm in Round 6 earned the 21-year-old further comparisons to the great Inglis, and the start of his career has led to excited predictions that he could be the heir to the throne of the retired great as the most talented centre/fullback in the game.

Mitchell’s father Matt played for Souths, so there is also a family link to the club. But while there has not been official play for the centre who comes off contract at the end of next season, Fittler was baffled as to why the prodigy would even consider the move, suggesting managerial factors could be at play.
    “All the talk now is whether he’s staying at the Roosters or going to the Bunnies,” Fittler said on Wide World of Sports’ Freddy & the Eighth.

“I know he’s got manager problems at the moment, he might be changing managers.

“There’s a lot going on with Latrell. I’m not sure why. He seemed to have such a fantastic season last year, you’d think he would be quite content and settled, but it seems not the case at the moment.
    “He needs to just calm down, get some things sorted.”
    One reason the young gun may be eyeing a potential move could be his desire to move into the five eighth position.

Mitchell has made no secret of his desire to step into the play-maker’s role and stalling on those plans could perhaps disaffect the youngster at the Tricolours, but NRL immortal Andrew Johns assured it’s not the right position for him.

“No[Latrell Mitchell couldn’t be the future five eighth for the roosters]”

“For me he’s the best centre in the world, the best strike player in the game.

“If he goes to five eighth he’ll be doing triple the amount of defence he’s doing at left centre.

“I think later in his career maybe, in eight or ten years’ time, but for me he’s a centre.”

Speculation that the Rabbitohs are keen to swoop on Mitchell comes at an interesting time for the young gun following a cryptic press conference last Friday that threw questions over his current mindset.

Mitchell was frank over his self-perceived lacklustre 2019 form and revealed he had not been feeling himself.

Probed to elaborate, Mitchell was coy, stating he had some personal issues to work through.

“There are a few things going on ... that I don't need to talk about [publicly],” he said.

The Rabbitohs have also been linked with a play for Broncos’ centre James Roberts, who is close to Wayne Bennett and has struggled this season with an achilles injury and personal issues.

Roberts is no longer an automatic pick in the Broncos’ starting side under Anthony Seibold and despite having a contract tying him to Brisbane until 2021 there is speculation that the club would not stand in his way if he found a new home.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Mickie I am so disappointed. I really thought some people on here were close to the players and knew exactly what they all get paid. If this forum is made up of people guessing and speculating and repeating and starting rumours and making stuff up, I think I’m going to have to leave!

Leave a comment:

• Vasco
    replied
    Who cares what these clowns write. They are only columnists, writing for the Murdochcracy Times.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    What a joker James Hooper is lol
    He’s pure bogan this bloke.
    “Rugbee Liiiig”.

Leave a comment:

• Lydon
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
    Latrell Mitchell to Rabbitohs rumours reportedly started by paranoid Roosters powerbrokers

Breathe easy, Roosters fans - it appears Latrell Mitchell may not be on South Sydney's radar after all.

The whispers of an impending rich offer to Mitchell from the Rabbitohs have reportedly been perpetuated by Roosters officials, who are worried Souths will try to lure the centre away from Bondi as a replacement for the retired Greg Inglis.

Mitchell is under contract at Sydney until the end of 2020, however, and it's unlikely the Chooks would let him walk any earlier.

According to Fox League's James Hooper, the Roosters' fears about Mitchell being snatched by their arch-rivals kicked into overdrive when the 21-year-old star produced a sublime effort versus the Storm in round seven.

"The Roosters powerbrokers are convinced that Souths are going to make a play for Latrell. It's been all the talk for the last couple of weeks," Hooper told NRL 360.

"They are convinced that after that game against the Melbourne Storm where he scored a sensational try and set up another, that the Bunnies want him to play fullback and the retirement of Greg Inglis means they've got a little bit of a war chest.

"I put it to Souths, I said, 'Are you guys aware that the Roosters have got this conspiracy theory?'

"And they said, 'Yes, we've heard it'. Another CEO actually rang [Rabbitohs chief] Blake Solly and told him about it, said that 'Listen, the Roosters are running around town saying this'."

NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent didn't entirely rule out the move happening somewhere down the track but said it seems far-fetched at this point.

"It's rugby league; anything can happen. But I just don't think right now, Souths are sitting there saving their nickels and dimes to throw it at Latrell," Kent said.

"I think the Roosters' paranoia is greater than the Rabbitohs' interest."

A much more realistic signing for Souths is Brisbane outside back James Roberts, despite Broncos coach Anthony Seibold saying the NSW Origin player hasn't spoken to him about leaving Red Hill.

According to Channel Nine's Danny Weidler, Roberts remains a strong chance to jump ship to the Rabbitohs this year.

"The information I'm getting on Roberts is he wants out of the Broncos as soon as possible," Weidler said.

"We'll have to watch that one closely but the obvious place for James Roberts to go is South Sydney."
    What a joker James Hooper is lol

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    [h=1]
    "I put it to Souths, I said, 'Are you guys aware that the Roosters have got this conspiracy theory?'

"And they said, 'Yes, we've heard it'. Another CEO actually rang [Rabbitohs chief] Blake Solly and told him about it, said that 'Listen, the Roosters are running around town saying this'."

What an absolute load of shit. One CEO is not going to ring another and say have you heard this rumour about another club.
    Souths are so full of self importance its ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied
    Latrell Mitchell to Rabbitohs rumours reportedly started by paranoid Roosters powerbrokers

Breathe easy, Roosters fans - it appears Latrell Mitchell may not be on South Sydney's radar after all.

The whispers of an impending rich offer to Mitchell from the Rabbitohs have reportedly been perpetuated by Roosters officials, who are worried Souths will try to lure the centre away from Bondi as a replacement for the retired Greg Inglis.

Mitchell is under contract at Sydney until the end of 2020, however, and it's unlikely the Chooks would let him walk any earlier.

According to Fox League's James Hooper, the Roosters' fears about Mitchell being snatched by their arch-rivals kicked into overdrive when the 21-year-old star produced a sublime effort versus the Storm in round seven.

"The Roosters powerbrokers are convinced that Souths are going to make a play for Latrell. It's been all the talk for the last couple of weeks," Hooper told NRL 360.

"They are convinced that after that game against the Melbourne Storm where he scored a sensational try and set up another, that the Bunnies want him to play fullback and the retirement of Greg Inglis means they've got a little bit of a war chest.

NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent didn't entirely rule out the move happening somewhere down the track but said it seems far-fetched at this point.

"It's rugby league; anything can happen. But I just don't think right now, Souths are sitting there saving their nickels and dimes to throw it at Latrell," Kent said.

A much more realistic signing for Souths is Brisbane outside back James Roberts, despite Broncos coach Anthony Seibold saying the NSW Origin player hasn't spoken to him about leaving Red Hill.

According to Channel Nine's Danny Weidler, Roberts remains a strong chance to jump ship to the Rabbitohs this year.

"The information I'm getting on Roberts is he wants out of the Broncos as soon as possible," Weidler said.

"We'll have to watch that one closely but the obvious place for James Roberts to go is South Sydney."
    Lucky Hooper spoke to the roosters powerbrokers and they confirmed this for him.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterFanNZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X