replied
    Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Bet you we lose and Walker will be the blame
    They’ll blame Pearse.......for not being available

Leave a comment:

• The Brain
    replied
    Originally posted by TDK View Post
    It’s ridiculous, Cody Walker was blessed to make the SOO team in the first place and now he has the hide to turn the focus of attention on himself. I say piss him off and place a man sized cutout photo of Luke Keary at 5/8, at least the cutout would provide better defence.
    Bet you we lose and Walker will be the blame

Leave a comment:

• TDK
    replied
    It’s ridiculous, Cody Walker was blessed to make the SOO team in the first place and now he has the hide to turn the focus of attention on himself. I say piss him off and place a man sized cutout photo of Luke Keary at 5/8, at least the cutout would provide better defence.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Spain doesn't have official words to its anthem.
    We could do that, abolish the words....and just play the tune.

Or, ...Indigenous people, who now have their own national flags, could also have a national anthem of their own...and sing that.
    Indigenous national anthem, for Black people...then Advance Australia Fair for White people [and anyone else].
    Two races, three flags [Incl Torres Strait Islander flag], two national anthems.
    All good...just like NZ does.

Leave a comment:

• novice chook
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    A lot of the players don't actually "sing" the national anthem, which is fine as long as they respect the moment.

The silly part is anyone coming out and saying why they aren't singing it....to make a political point and seek to divide. Dumb...

Do they ever think about the privileged lifestyle they are now afforded, and the fact they may not even exist without colonisation?

Sure we aren't perfect as a nation, but we have plenty to be proud of and united about rather than wallow in events long past.
    Great post - quite frankly I don't really give a rats whether a player sings the anthem or not, but what I don't like is the typical noisy minority squawking about what's not in it for them, rather than being thankful for the opportunities they've been given. Doesn't achieve a thing other than public sentiment against the team in general, and not just certain players.

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    These days some players wouldnt even know the words to the national anthem of the country they have chosen to play for. Addo carr is probably a terrible singer anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Hahaha... don’t go changin.... Maybe tell us what your symptoms are and Dr Chookpen will give you a cure!
    I’ll take any help I can get.

High temp, lack of sex, 2 Roosters loses, lack of sex and lack of sex. Just not feeling great.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

If he wants to go to Souths, let him go.
    Waste of time and money keeping players who don't appreciate our Club and want to go elsewhere.
    Latrell hasn’t said he wants to go to Souths instead he’s said he loves it at Bondi But Souths fans are saying what you’re saying.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Not really, if they were to get his signature in the offseason, they would do everything to ensure the relationship between Latrell and the Roosters broke down so he would join them a year early.
    If he wants to go to Souths, let him go.
    Waste of time and money keeping players who don't appreciate our Club and want to go elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by milanja View Post

Not even some of the “Aussies” sing the national anthem, I don’t see an issue with it, some sing it in their head, others it means nothing to, like Christmas.
    But those people that don’t sing aren’t doing it for some political reason. By not singing it Walker is making a statement and is saying ‘look at me’... I hope Latrell doesn’t get caught in that scene and is a man on his own AND he is a leader of his community as much as a leader of Australian sport.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.

You post some great stuff Thirteen maybe just go easy on bagging people all the time.
    He’s like the Bellamy of the Chookpen lol!

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

It might have something to do with being stuck in bed for 3 days with a very high temperature. Sorry!
    Hahaha... don’t go changin.... Maybe tell us what your symptoms are and Dr Chookpen will give you a cure!

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post

What about the sentiment: I don't agree with what you say but will defend your right to say it.
    Or not say it, in the case of these players.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    If we're a free country then the right not to sing the national anthem should be one of our freedoms.

If we still had God Save the Queen as the anthem I wouldn't sing it.

That said, this is a game of footy and these guys are footy players, not choristers, picked for their ability to do the job for NSW, not for their political opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    If it means so much to them then I'm happy for them not to sing it. Making a big deal out of it is divisive and unnecessary.

PS. There's plenty of other reasons to hate Walker. In fact, purely because he is there I am going for Qld. Last season for the first time in ages I cared about Origin and went for NSW because there were no grubs in the side. Freddy has killed that with one fell swoop.
    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 05-30-2019, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X