Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big game on Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Only Doueihi is in the full strength team, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by chicka View Post
      4 minor premierships in 6 years shows what an exceptionally well run club we are and TR has to take a lot of credit for that. Speaking personally as someone who supported the club through some real crappy times like the 80's, it's great to see Easts run out onto the field in any given game knowing we have a great chance to win. The premiership ring is just the icing on the cake and we get to gloat a bit as premiers. It's just as good IMO to know we have a bunch of players and staff who take pride in our club and give their best week in and week out. What more can we ask for as fans.
      Well said chicka.
      Every fan is optimistic at years beginning about their team's chances of making the finals. We're fortunate that our well run club gets to play deep into September and that to me is a measure of success and satisfaction. On the other hand put yourself in the shoes of a Raiders/Parra/Newcastle fan.

      Comment


      • #18
        I'm as one eyes as the rest of you and started following this team in 1975 at the ripe age of 9.... As far as this game goes, I'm almost convinced we will fall short at the same hurdle AGAIN. Everyone is focused on Mitchell not playing, but in my mind NAPA is just as big a loss. Those 3 Pommie stooges will be licking their lips in anticipation. JWH is gonna have to play his best game yet to get us anywhere near home.
        God I hope I'm wrong !.... My instinct says otherwise

        Comment


        • #19
          blooster probably best you take your negativity out of this site and stay Away from the game unless your wearing red and green?

          Comment


          • #20
            Hopefully Collins is given license to smash.

            what would we give for merely to play this weekend?
            "This has been the case against the Roosters for decades" - TR, Roosters 2-11 Penalty Count V Manly 28/03/2014

            Comment


            • #21
              Yes we need to beat Saints to have any chance of making the grand final.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                Hopefully Collins is given license to smash.

                what would we give for merely to play this weekend?
                He won't be required the following week so maybe an 'accidental' high shot on a Burgess.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

                  souths aren't at full strength.

                  They are missing adam doueihi, richie kennar and tyrell fuimaono.

                  of course the roosters are favourites, they were premiership faves at the start of the season with the bookmakers due to the signings of cronk and tedesco and were expected to make the gf by all the media's alleged experts.
                  .
                  Souths were coming off the bottom end of the ladder in 2016 and 2017, with a new rookie untried coach and have already over achieved, with only one real signing in dane gagai.

                  The roosters should be at about $1.10 and souths about $3.50 for this game.
                  lol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Itís funny to watch the souths trolls start to come out of the woodwork. Johnnysekret and Blooster a couple of obvious ones.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                      Canít believe Souths are claiming the underdog tag when they will be at full strength and we will be without Latrell and Napa. Sometimes teams claim that tag so when they are beaten they have an excuse. Anyway, I didnít think they looked that great Saturday night. I thought they were lucky to win against a depleted Dragons side. We will have had the weeks rest and be fit and firing. Chooks to win and win well.
                      We are definately favourites despite suspensions. We are fresh they are busted. Plus we still have a few superstars.
                      At the end of the day who cares who the favourites are. Not relevant.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                        blooster probably best you take your negativity out of this site and stay Away from the game unless your wearing red and green?
                        Would never wear Red and Green 13..... Rest assured i'm as Roosters as they come. Just being a realist with my sentiment. As already stated, I so hope I'm wrong. I

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                          Itís funny to watch the souths trolls start to come out of the woodwork. Johnnysekret and Blooster a couple of obvious ones.
                          Get ready for RoosterRooster and Roosterstillidie to pop in too...they're as nervous as a fowl in a foxhouse.


                          I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by chicka View Post
                            4 minor premierships in 6 years shows what an exceptionally well run club we are and TR has to take a lot of credit for that. Speaking personally as someone who supported the club through some real crappy times like the 80's, it's great to see Easts run out onto the field in any given game knowing we have a great chance to win. The premiership ring is just the icing on the cake and we get to gloat a bit as premiers. It's just as good IMO to know we have a bunch of players and staff who take pride in our club and give their best week in and week out. What more can we ask for as fans.
                            Question for you, and everyone else, would you rather win every single game in year but lose the GF by 50, or scrape into the 8 on for and against but win the GF?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                              We are definately favourites despite suspensions. We are fresh they are busted. Plus we still have a few superstars.
                              At the end of the day who cares who the favourites are. Not relevant.
                              I've started feeling a lot more confident in these games ever since we signed Cooper Cronk. Consistently proven on the big stage. I honestly don't know what I'd do if we lost, a melbourne v souffs grand final, yuck! Hopefully we can get the job done this week and next, its all well and good to be the best when in doesn't count. This team needs to fire up.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

                                Get ready for RoosterRooster and Roosterstillidie to pop in too...they're as nervous as a fowl in a foxhouse.
                                ....or as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X