Big game on Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big game on Saturday...

This game is huge. If we win, we are probably favourites to win the comp. If we lose, it's our 4th straight prelim loss and questions will be asked. Not to mention the fact it's against that atrocity of a football club. I have the same confidence as I did in the Sharks game but less so in a way. As long as we shut down Cook and Aubo holds his own against Inglis we'll be fine. Easts to win.
    EDIT: My apologies, Aubo lining up against Gagai. We'll see what Joey Manu's made of in this game...
    Last edited by 2013PREMIERS; 09-16-2018, 11:45 PM.

Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post
    This game is huge. If we win, we are probably favourites to win the comp. If we lose, it's our 4th straight prelim loss and questions will be asked. Not to mention the fact it's against that atrocity of a football club. I have the same confidence as I did in the Sharks game but less so in a way. As long as we shut down Cook and Aubo holds his own against Inglis we'll be fine. Easts to win.
    aubo will be lining up opposite gagai

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

aubo will be lining up opposite gagai
      Apologies, duly noted

Comment

yeh Manu and Ferguson need to step up defensively, especially against Inglis whose strength is a significant and renowned trait of his game

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
          yeh Manu and Ferguson need to step up defensively, especially against Inglis whose strength is a significant and renowned trait of his game
          he's looked less dangerous since he lost all that weight, hopefully that trend continues and he doesnt have a blinder

Comment

This is our biggest non GF match since the 2003 Prelim clash vs the Bulldogs.

A huge HUGEE era defining game.

If we lose I think I'll give footy away tbh. Yeah yeah that makes me a pussy but I'll be too broken to ever recover.

Comment

What else can you do? None of us will give it away. But it would be a devastating loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                This is our biggest non GF match since the 2003 Prelim clash vs the Bulldogs.

A huge HUGEE era defining game.

If we lose I think I'll give footy away tbh. Yeah yeah that makes me a pussy but I'll be too broken to ever recover.
                Now thats passion...i love it!!

I got to say i also love the hype that Russell Crowe brings to the Easts Souths rivalry.....he always adds a extra something to the game. You got to remember that as much as the 2 teams supporters don't like each other there isn't the same feeling amongst the players themselves- many of whom are mates off the field. Without Napa and Latrell the boys will really have to bring their A grade game.....so fire up Chooks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  What else can you do? None of us will give it away. But it would be a devastating loss.
                  The Cowboys loss killed me last year, but you could never give it away.
                  I do ask though, if we do lose will questions be asked of TR or will it be ' Trust in Trent ' as usual ??

Comment

4 minor premierships in 6 years shows what an exceptionally well run club we are and TR has to take a lot of credit for that. Speaking personally as someone who supported the club through some real crappy times like the 80's, it's great to see Easts run out onto the field in any given game knowing we have a great chance to win. The premiership ring is just the icing on the cake and we get to gloat a bit as premiers. It's just as good IMO to know we have a bunch of players and staff who take pride in our club and give their best week in and week out. What more can we ask for as fans.

Comment

What can I say - can't wait for Saturday. Bring it on!
                      Love that we're playing Souths. I started following the Roosters in 1972 and just missed out on their glory days, so grew up with a South Sydney that was mainly off the pace. Love that they fought back from being thrown out to win a comp and love that they've rebuilt to make our rivalry actually mean something.
                      Sure, defeat would be disaster, but it's always like that in the big games. What can you say: when you're walking the tight rope, don't look down!

Comment

Canít believe Souths are claiming the underdog tag when they will be at full strength and we will be without Latrell and Napa. Sometimes teams claim that tag so when they are beaten they have an excuse. Anyway, I didnít think they looked that great Saturday night. I thought they were lucky to win against a depleted Dragons side. We will have had the weeks rest and be fit and firing. Chooks to win and win well.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                          Canít believe Souths are claiming the underdog tag when they will be at full strength and we will be without Latrell and Napa. Sometimes teams claim that tag so when they are beaten they have an excuse. Anyway, I didnít think they looked that great Saturday night. I thought they were lucky to win against a depleted Dragons side. We will have had the weeks rest and be fit and firing. Chooks to win and win well.
                          Souths aren't at full strength.

They are missing Adam Doueihi, Richie Kennar and Tyrell Fuimaono.

Of course the Roosters are favourites, they were premiership faves at the start of the season with the bookmakers due to the signings of Cronk and Tedesco and were expected to make the GF by all the media's alleged experts.
                          Souths were coming off the bottom end of the ladder in 2016 and 2017, with a new rookie untried coach and have already over achieved, with only one real signing in Dane Gagai.

The Roosters should be at about $1.10 and Souths about $3.50 for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

Souths aren't at full strength.

They are missing Adam Doueihi, Richie Kennar and Tyrell Fuimaono.

Of course the Roosters are favourites, they were premiership faves at the start of the season with the bookmakers due to the signings of Cronk and Tedesco and were expected to make the GF by all the media's alleged experts.
                            Souths were coming off the bottom end of the ladder in 2016 and 2017, with a new rookie untried coach and have already over achieved, with only one real signing in Dane Gagai.

The Roosters should be at about $1.10 and Souths about $3.50 for this game.
                            Adam Doueihi, Richie Kennar and Tyrell Fuimano are out? What chance have Souths got?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Adam Doueihi, Richie Kennar and Tyrell Fuimano are out? What chance have Souths got?
                              About 50/50. However just keeping it factual, they are not at full strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X