So what have we learnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    If our forwards go better than theirs we win. Last prelim final our forwards were shit.
    Forwards were shit that day....worst & most disappointing performance for years

surely they can step up

"Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

i say, hold the ball and go full on attacking blitzkrieg for 10-20 minutes of the game, not so much to score but rather for them to be gassed through defense
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

George Burgess will be off 20mins into the 1st half due to HIH commitments.

Comment

Souffs could only manage one try against a banged-up, patched-up St George.

I’d like to think a Roosters team with the extra recovery will be even harder to score against...

Comment

Play to 80% potential and we win. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post

Jennings is their biggest metre eater and is 6ft3 and 104kg, I think he is big.
              almost cost them the game the other night.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                If we sit their forwards on their backs and stop Cook then we should have way too much juice for them.

With Latrell we'd lap them.
                Lol yeah that's one way of putting it I guess [says Jizzy].

Comment

Souths bigmen were gassed late in the game against dragons keary and tedesco could be very dangerous thru the middle against tired forwards, tedesco will be hard to stop late in the game imo

Comment

I'd be watching for the Burgii deliberately dropping knees into our key players as they did to JWH in our last clash.

This is a club completely and utterly devoid of morals so I wouldn't be surprised if they try and take a key player out.

Comment

Think that if we defend as we did last time with passive markers trailing back when cook tries to scoot and no one rushing out of the line we will be fine. As one of the other posters mentioned that is the blue print and you could see the dragons had learnt from our last game against souths and even with their busted ass forward pack were effective for most of the time. I will also be interested to see how our right side defends this week, we were very passive against the sharks when being rushed which i am not sure is such a good idea against the rabbits. Crichton also runs a really good line so the boys will have to be on guard there.

In attack, just complete early in each half and i think the rest will take care of itself. The most important thing is to hang on to the ball and keep them working out of their end. Souths will surely come out firing so we just need to weather the storm and they will run out of gass towards the end of each half. Patience is the key and Cooper Cronk is the man to keep the team together and heading in the right direction.

I would really like to work their edges ala Cordner taking hit ups and aiming back in behind the ruck and then towards the end of the half have shape to go wide but have Teddy lurking around looking to split their halves and second rowers. This game is built for Keary and Teddy to do their thing they just need to be direct when running at the line, Sutton and reynolds started missing a few as the game went on the other night. It would also not surprise me if Fergo was to bust them with his strong carriers as their kick chase was pretty horrible at times against the dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by busted chook View Post
                        Think that if we defend as we did last time with passive markers trailing back when cook tries to scoot and no one rushing out of the line we will be fine. As one of the other posters mentioned that is the blue print and you could see the dragons had learnt from our last game against souths and even with their busted ass forward pack were effective for most of the time. I will also be interested to see how our right side defends this week, we were very passive against the sharks when being rushed which i am not sure is such a good idea against the rabbits. Crichton also runs a really good line so the boys will have to be on guard there.

In attack, just complete early in each half and i think the rest will take care of itself. The most important thing is to hang on to the ball and keep them working out of their end. Souths will surely come out firing so we just need to weather the storm and they will run out of gass towards the end of each half. Patience is the key and Cooper Cronk is the man to keep the team together and heading in the right direction.

I would really like to work their edges ala Cordner taking hit ups and aiming back in behind the ruck and then towards the end of the half have shape to go wide but have Teddy lurking around looking to split their halves and second rowers. This game is built for Keary and Teddy to do their thing they just need to be direct when running at the line, Sutton and reynolds started missing a few as the game went on the other night. It would also not surprise me if Fergo was to bust them with his strong carriers as their kick chase was pretty horrible at times against the dragons.
                        Good post.

Nene and Pereira had huge games against Souffs so i think Fergo, Tupou & Teddy could be the match winners.

They're all capable of running for 200+m each; Teddy and Fergo 250+ even. So people talk about the key forward battle but these guys are like extra forwards.

If our middle can just neutralise the Burgii play the ball speed then our back 3 will do much of the yardage work and win us the game.

Also the fullback match up is frankly where it could be won. Teddy is a God where as Johnstone is trash. If the Dragons had Teddy they would have won easily.
                        Last edited by Tommy Smith; 09-17-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah, good post Busted.

The only thing I hope is that Robbo has something to use once or twice in the game that is different from the same old game plan. You can guarantee Seibold will and it can be the difference in scoring points. All the best coaches save a trick shot for the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            I ask you all a question. What have we learnt about souffs game, and how can we beat them.

Firstly they throw everything at you for the first 20 mins.
                            Part of this is the knees elbows surrender tackle to gain the quick play the ball.

Secondly is the little prick Cook. What a player. shut him down

Please add your thoughts.......................................... ............
                            That souths are untouchable from the NRL?

Comment

Cheers guys,

You could really see the souths pack starting to struggle towards the end of each half, a quick game with the ball kept in play and surely they will buckle. Tommy I think you also raise a good point in regards to Teddy and to be honest a fresher Dufty probably would have caused souths some serious dramas, poor bloke was falling all over the place he was that fatigued.

Jack i agree, seeing a play that is specific to a game work is a thing of beauty, it shows that we have picked the other team apart and prepared for that game. I reckon we do it but we do it a little differently to just specific plays. I have noticed our attack changing continuously this year from really boring tuck the ball under your wing one out stuff to some really free flowing attack. I heard cooper say earlier in the year that our attack was able to evolve within a game depending on the opponent and situation which i think is a huge step in the right direction.

The game against the sharks was a prime example that last 10 mins i was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a mistake but to the guys credit they held their nerve and completed their sets and held on, it was quiet remarkable really.

Comment

Working...
                              X