Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what have we learnt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Melbourne and Dragons have both shown what rattles Souffs - the immediate intensity and playing like theres no tomorrow, straight from the word go. No stuffing about.

    Comment


    • #17
      If we play as discuplined as we did against the sharks, we win. We have to dominate time with the ball.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        If it is tight near the end, the Burgess twins are near unstoppable working it into field postion for a field goal.
        Sam Burgess has been off for two weeks, what are the odds of him being off again ?
        Reynolds short kicking game is good, but a few very poor kicks when he was near halfway, WE MUST PRESSURE HIM ALL NIGHT as Cody Walker does little to no kicking.
        Nene was a beast tonight working from dummy half, their big pack can be worked over with our outside backs off quick play the balls.
        Finally, COMPLETE COMPLETE, make them work out of their half constantly, they look poor when doing so
        But we have 1 thing they don't ..... Cronk.

        They'll be up Reynolds arse all week by the looks. good.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by chopstiks View Post

          But we have 1 thing they don't ..... Cronk.

          They'll be up Reynolds arse all week by the looks. good.
          I agree and obviously we can win . Like others have said just need to be up in their face all night and rattle Reynolds where possible. A few times tonight they were going to be shut down on the last only to get an offload away , then a kick

          Comment


          • #20
            I'm tipping Fergo for MotM. His hard runs will win us the game.

            20+ runs for 250m to rip Souffs to shreds up the guts early in sets.

            Conversely Souffs don't have strong wingers of their own so we need to crush them on tackle 1 and 2 in the same manner they did to us in 2014. Cronk find grass, drag the farkers back early in the count and limit Cook in the aftermath.

            Souffs will need a few late tackle pens to rescue them.

            Comment


            • #21
              Just expect a MASSIVE penalty count against us

              Comment


              • #22
                im still scarred from last years prelim so no comment

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  I'm tipping Fergo for MotM. His hard runs will win us the game.

                  20+ runs for 250m to rip Souffs to shreds up the guts early in sets.

                  Conversely Souffs don't have strong wingers of their own so we need to crush them on tackle 1 and 2 in the same manner they did to us in 2014. Cronk find grass, drag the farkers back early in the count and limit Cook in the aftermath.

                  Souffs will need a few late tackle pens to rescue them.
                  Jennings is their biggest metre eater and is 6ft3 and 104kg, I think he is big.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If anything we need to change from last years prelim is defending our errors/ penalties conceded. Its natural thing wether or not the refs are dodgy, you're going to spend time at your own end. At least latrell won't be kicking out on the full.

                    High completion rate, good defense. Whats the weather going to be?

                    "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

                      I agree and obviously we can win . Like others have said just need to be up in their face all night and rattle Reynolds where possible. A few times tonight they were going to be shut down on the last only to get an offload away , then a kick
                      Agree, we don't handle the offload too well either, and souths love it.
                      If our forwards could not turn their backs either, leaving d cook with a free roam, that would be an improvement.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I learned that Souths have got nothing in attack. Weather he openin 20 when all their fat **** forwards tire out and the rest of their game falls to pieces.

                        If we play like we have all year, we’ll win comfortably

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          If our forwards go better than theirs we win. Last prelim final our forwards were shit.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Poor old Steelers have their very own Mitch Pearce in Hunt.
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Shut the 2nd phase down. Lock the ball up. Thats how souffs won tonite
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I reckon we will absolutely flog them, and the Storm will flog Cronulla, then we will have a great Grand Final which will go down to the wire.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X