No announcement yet.

Marty Tapau has found a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If true, I wonder who will be the first welcome him when he walks through the door? VR maybe?
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

It would be nice, but I just don't think so. I see Manly are talking with Mansour thou? coincidence?

Comment

With all this smoke it sounds like he is definitely going. Just a matter of where. He is on huge dollars so I imagine Manly would have to pay some. I wonder if we do manage to get him if that means Napa goes. I'd be OK with that. I know he is young but I think that what you see with Napa now is what he will always be. Defensively he is very good. Not just the hits but his workmate. His lumbering in attack is what bums me. I swear he can run harder and faster than he does.
        Last edited by John Corey; 05-10-2018, 07:47 PM.
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
          With all this smoke it sounds like he is definitely going. Just a matter of where. He is on huge dollars so I imagine Manly would have to pay some. I wonder if we do manage to get him if that means Napa goes. I'd be OK with that. I know he is young but I think that what you see with Napa now is what he will always be. Defensiv
          I would like to see Napa play in the 13 in the same role that we gave Guerra and have someone else, maybe Tapau, who is a metre eater to go with SST and JWH. I don't think that having Napa and Liu on the field together really works out but we do need a stiff defender in the team somewhere. It doesn't really matter what number they wear since 8, 10 and 13 are the same these days but from a role perspective I don't like having Liu and Napa together and at least moving Napa to the Liu spot and benching Liu gives us room to rotate SST, JWH and someone else (possibly Tapau) to gain momentum and have Liu give Napa a spell or even use him as a front row option.

All through the lower grades Napa was never the guy who got through massive amounts of metres (relative to the competition) he was always the guy who stiffened our defense up so if we are to play him then play to his strength and have him tackle hard all day and let two props loose.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

I would like to see Napa play in the 13 in the same role that we gave Guerra and have someone else, maybe Tapau, who is a metre eater to go with SST and JWH. I don't think that having Napa and Liu on the field together really works out but we do need a stiff defender in the team somewhere. It doesn't really matter what number they wear since 8, 10 and 13 are the same these days but from a role perspective I don't like having Liu and Napa together and at least moving Napa to the Liu spot and benching Liu gives us room to rotate SST, JWH and someone else (possibly Tapau) to gain momentum and have Liu give Napa a spell or even use him as a front row option.

All through the lower grades Napa was never the guy who got through massive amounts of metres (relative to the competition) he was always the guy who stiffened our defense up so if we are to play him then play to his strength and have him tackle hard all day and let two props loose.
            Makes sense, if you are prepared to put up with lumbering hit ups. I've seen him on a few occasions hit the line hard, running at pace. I just don't know why it doesn't happen more often. Maybe he tires quick.
            Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
              There are some happy chook sponsors out there,

Big Tap has a mighty scoreboard when it comes to community

If he's joining for rest of season

We'll know SOON ENOUGH

Bring on the off load.....is the only way Ted will click
              i have come trust dark one through intelligent and sometimes informed posts.

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Get rid of napa and take tapow that,works for me

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                  Get rid of napa and take tapow that,works for me
                  I would be very excited to welcome Kapow to our ranks . His intimidation, hard running and offload and mongrel just what the doctor ordered. BUT think about it those calling for Napas release. . He's a current Queensland state of origin second rower FFS. You would have rocks in your head to release this bloke ! If you want to see your team peaking in May I suggest you go and follow St George. Robbo has a plan for the team peaking around semi final time and that makes perfect sense to this rooster .

Comment

With all this smoke it sounds like he is definitely going. Just a matter of where. He is on huge dollars so I imagine Manly would have to pay some. I wonder if we do manage to get him if that means Napa goes. I'd be OK with that. I know he is young but I think that what you see with Napa now is what he will always be. Defensively he is very good. Not just the hits but his workmate. His lumbering in attack is what bums me. I swear he can run harder and faster than he does.
                    Tapau would only cost around 250 for the remainder of this season given manly would have already payed for 7 months,so we wouldn't have to off load anyone for the rest of this season. Next year is another matter and I would think napa would be moved on.

Comment

Napa isn't that great defensively at all. It is a myth. He was much more effective in the days of the shoulder charge and he could pull off a few hits and intimidate opposition forwards. However he struggles with lateral movement and has been caught out so many times this season in the middle of the ruck. He would be one of the top paid front rowers in the NRL. Probably in the top 3 or 4. I doubt he would be in the top 20 front rowers in the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Napa isn't that great defensively at all. It is a myth. He was much more effective in the days of the shoulder charge and he could pull off a few hits and intimidate opposition forwards. However he struggles with lateral movement and has been caught out so many times this season in the middle of the ruck. He would be one of the top paid front rowers in the NRL. Probably in the top 3 or 4. I doubt he would be in the top 20 front rowers in the NRL.
                        Yes Napa was more effective in the era before his first grade debut, that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Did you watch the Manly game, his coverage across the field was exceptional. On one play he made a tackle 3 in covering for Cronk iirc who was tackled after kicking then back it up next play with a cover tackle centre field that prevented an almost certain linebreak. If that was an attacking play it would've gotten air time for days on this place but I reckon maybe a handful of people on here noticed it because it was just a defensive play.

There's a good reason why players don't run at him directly any more but when someone makes that mistake the contact is always excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Did you watch the Manly game, his coverage across the field was exceptional. On one play he made a tackle 3 in covering for Cronk iirc who was tackled after kicking then back it up next play with a cover tackle centre field that prevented an almost certain linebreak. If that was an attacking play it would've gotten air time for days on this place but I reckon maybe a handful of people on here noticed it because it was just a defensive play.

There's a good reason why players don't run at him directly any more but when someone makes that mistake the contact is always excellent.
                            Napa was decent defensively on the weekend, I agree. He did miss 2 tackles early in his first stint and there was a communication breakdown with he and SST for Manly's first try. After that he didn't make any misses that I am aware of, that hasn't been the case all season by a long shot. However as a starting front rower, he has a responsibility to contain the oppositions big men. Can we say he did that when Taupau ran wild for 290 metres? Anyone who has ever played football knows that the best way to limit the oppositions key men is to land a big blow or 2 (legally of course) early in the game to take the wind out of them. He didn't fire a shot, it was quite embarrassing to him and the other forwards that Victor Radley was the only player to take him on. So on that score I don't think his performance was that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

I would be very excited to welcome Kapow to our ranks . His intimidation, hard running and offload and mongrel just what the doctor ordered. BUT think about it those calling for Napas release. . He's a current Queensland state of origin second rower FFS. You would have rocks in your head to release this bloke ! If you want to see your team peaking in May I suggest you go and follow St George. Robbo has a plan for the team peaking around semi final time and that makes perfect sense to this rooster .
                              So the team is losing so they can play brilliant finals football? Makes sense to me!
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Robbo to the boys: “Don’t play well. Only win sometimes. Save your good footy for the finals where we can play our style.”

92kg Victor is more intimidating than Big Marty.
                                Last edited by Thirteen; 05-11-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X