How smart is Robbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by <ME> View Post

Happy to have Andrew Johns and Gould, and pretty much every other rugby league person questioning how we use Latell. Happy being smart and not a genius. And special marks for your nice little dig.
    This is the original and best thread regarding Robinson’s credibility.
    Andrew Johns our halves coach is questioining how much ball latrell is getting?

The guy who is in charge of the players who deliver the ball to Latrell is questioining how he's being used?

And that makes you feel happy?

I've got a few thoughts on that and happy isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

The guy who is in charge of the players who deliver the ball to Latrell is questioining how he's being used?

So true! WhyTF doesn’t he tell that to the players during training OR even during the game at half time since he’s on the payroll? Are the coaching staff in the box going to feel like he’s stepping on their toes? No good telling the viewers. We’re not going to be able to help. I wonder what visionary comment he’ll make next time around so we the fans give him kudos for his insights. Im sure Freddy would be giving some sideline coaching to the players during the games cause he gives a shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Why? It's because he has to play to structures.
        He should be allowed a roving role.
        I needed heavier sarcasm in my last sentence... I know why doesn’t, my response was rhetorical in light of theme of this thread.

Comment

When you insinuate in this thread Robbo is a genius based on his use of a number of our players I am more than happy hearing numerous football heads disagree. And the man himself come out and say what he is overseeing isn’t good enough.

Comment

• I think the roosters are wasting there money on joey johns and for that matter jason taylor. Johns was bagging pearce for his predictable kicking with all the bombs yet he was his halves coach. Not a good advert for his coaching ability. He has zero credibility and same goes for jason taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
              I think the roosters are wasting there money on joey johns and for that matter jason taylor. Johns was bagging pearce for his predictable kicking with all the bombs yet he was his halves coach. Not a good advert for his coaching ability. He has zero credibility and same goes for jason taylor
              You forgot the protected species Fitzgibbon,seems like his job is safe no matter our results..Such a debacle

Comment

• Despite his wisdom Joeys heart is not at our club, or even to provide excellence in his advisory roles.

He is comfy with his other gigs/parts of life.

He's not required.

Comment

• Well then who hired him Jack and why then is he there?
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

He sure is smart. He’s very astute and measured. Very political whilst still maintaining the behaviours that allow the punter to relate to him and most importantly for a rugby league club, his valued persona to his players.

What he’s not is great tactically. He’s responsible for nothing inventive or intuative in terms of what his team does on field. In his 5 year tenure he has brought nothing to the game that sits him in the top run of coaches. His premiership in 13 gets credited to SBW, Maloney, Jennings but I have had many reflections over that time where I see all our 2013 goodness streaming through in the Cowboys side - yes I insinuate that Green brought more than his share to the table in our successes.

I am repeating myself here, but last year 12-14 other teams out shitted us. They lost games to us and each other like no ones business and as a result we over achieved. Seeing no evidence to suggest he tried to fix our a) handling, b) penalties and c) rotations deflated a lot of my confidence in him. Our greatest hope I feel is a combined effort between Taylor and Cronk to give our game life.

Questions I have...

How do you allow a weapon like Latrell to consistently have single digit touches in a game?

How are none of our middle 3rd in the top 20% for metres made.

How are none of our middle 3rd, or squad for that matter, in the top for offloads and metres made after contact.

WTF 2nd rowers playing centres consistently. What does say about our roster management amongst other things.

Why has, how has Jake Friends game gone that far backwards?

How have ave we ended up with poor to average depth (outside of our top 13 we are thin-no more evident than our halves.. We will regret letting Watson go.

Lastly, the Tupou decision smacked of absolute arrogance to me. He pinned his hopes to Tupou not having to play, which I can only assume he did so thinking we had the cows covered. That they couldn’t keep doing what they were doing...
                    Dude. That post was so prophetic in hindsight. True wisdom there
                    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                      Well then who hired him Jack and why then is he there?
                      I would guess its from Nicks " i want the best" trophy cabinet wishlist...

Comment

When you insinuate in this thread Robbo is a genius based on his use of a number of our players I am more than happy hearing numerous football heads disagree. And the man himself come out and say what he is overseeing isn’t good enough.
                        Why are you happy? Do you need validation? Are you happy that we're losing? What is it?

I think Robinson is a great coach and I'm always willing to debate that, I'm just not sure what exactly your angle is here. I still stand by that opinion like I'm sure you still stand by yours that Paul Green is a great coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                          You forgot the protected species Fitzgibbon,seems like his job is safe no matter our results..Such a debacle
                          To be fair our defence has been quite good this season. Needs a few tweaks with some differing interpretations from the refs this year but if I remember correctly we've conceded the third or fourth fewest points.

Comment

To be fair our defence has been quite good this season. Needs a few tweaks with some differing interpretations from the refs this year but if I remember correctly we've conceded the third or fourth fewest points.
                            You’re actually right R6,we’re about 4th in points conceded..
                            It seemed a lot worse from my perspective,maybe I’m clouded from the line breaks conceded against the Rabbits and Warriors..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                              You’re actually right R6,we’re about 4th in points conceded..
                              It seemed a lot worse from my perspective,maybe I’m clouded from the line breaks conceded against the Rabbits and Warriors..
                              I reckon TeddE has started to adjust in defence. He is starting to make sure gaps are filled and has the speed to cover when required.

Before last week I believe we were 2nd in defence.

Ironically the majority of those breaks up the middle didn't result in points in those two games.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by stsae View Post

I reckon TeddE has started to adjust in defence. He is starting to make sure gaps are filled and has the speed to cover when required.

Before last week I believe we were 2nd in defence.

Ironically the majority of those breaks up the middle didn't result in points in those two games.

Yes agreed,we scrambled well..
                                No complaints with Teddy from me,he’s busting a gut out there..
                                I still miss Watson though!

Comment

Working...
                                X