Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    Yes agreed,we scrambled well..
    No complaints with Teddy from me,he’s busting a gut out there..
    I still miss Watson though!
    Mate he would be lethal in the middle resting Friend.

Conner, Cronkite, TeddE and Keary would be hard to contain later in both 1/2s.

Shame how things turned out. Had we known about Cronkite earlier we may have been able to keep Conner with the view to developing his game from the best.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by stsae View Post

Mate he would be lethal in the middle resting Friend.

Conner, Cronkite, TeddE and Keary would be hard to contain later in both 1/2s.

Shame how things turned out. Had we known about Cronkite earlier we may have been able to keep Conner with the view to developing his game from the best.

Imagine him in the middle with his unpredictability at the line,such a shame he moved on..
      I would’ve even preferred Connor at fullback instead of Teddy ( money saved) ,though i’m still a Teddy fan and believe he will take over soon enough..

Comment

Imagine him in the middle with his unpredictability at the line,such a shame he moved on..
        I would’ve even preferred Connor at fullback instead of Teddy ( money saved) ,though i’m still a Teddy fan and believe he will take over soon enough..
        I see your point mate. We have let a few very good 1s go in the last few seasons.

I too am a fan of TeddE. Hes starting to adjust to the new environment.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• I hope Coach Robbo comes up with a variation to his grind conservative game plan vs Manly, if not we then we could really play into their hands due to our lack of points we are putting on the board.

Comment

• Robbo had circa 11 days. This would include time to train to execute his strategy.

i rate Robbo but agree he could do with a mentor to help him skill up his dropping player skills, use of bench and strategies.

i also question value of his assistant coaches. Something not working
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

The best game I ever saw Connor play was at fullback verses the Storm last year. I was quite impressed.

Shame he couldn't get a gig here and the club he has gone to as a number one.

Comment

• Watsons to small to play hooker,he might be quick but the big boys will run over the top of him,Victor is a different kettle of fish he hits hard,he will be very good in a season or two in the top grade fifita and co would treat connor as a speed bump if he was to pack into the front row.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post

The best game I ever saw Connor play was at fullback verses the Storm last year. I was quite impressed.

Shame he couldn't get a gig here and the club he has gone to as a number one.
                  Agreed mate,that was a great performance and I’ll always wonder what might have been..
                  He definetly showed glimpses

Comment

• Anyone who can speak French is obviously smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                      Anyone who can speak French is obviously smart.

baiser robbo
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Deja vu!
                        How many games did it take Robinson to finally drop Guerra after his terrible run of form a couple of years ago?
                        This will be the same scenario with Friend.
                        Ahhh its not that hard to speak French and even easier to
                        ​see him making the same mistake over again!

Comment

• Revisiting this topic, I just watched the press conference and IMO Robbo gives some decent insight into what's going on with our attack.

About half way through the conference he says we are focusing on structure right now, which has taken away a bit of the freedom required to score tries. In his opinion this isn't a big issue and we will be given a bit more freedom as the season unfolds. Near the end he revisits it and says that he wants people to understand the structures and the ruck before he's gonna let them play with a bit more freedom.

I dunno enough about footy to comment on the technical aspects, but I think this is a decent bit of insight. Sounds like Robbo would prefer to lose a few early on while the boys learn a bit of structure, rather than giving everybody a free license to try and score tries off everything. I am guessing that the structure feels awkward to some and might be causing errors...etc. However, I am satisfied that we are playing a certain way for a reason right now and our play will open up in coming weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            Revisiting this topic, I just watched the press conference and IMO Robbo gives some decent insight into what's going on with our attack.

About half way through the conference he says we are focusing on structure right now, which has taken away a bit of the freedom required to score tries. In his opinion this isn't a big issue and we will be given a bit more freedom as the season unfolds. Near the end he revisits it and says that he wants people to understand the structures and the ruck before he's gonna let them play with a bit more freedom.

I dunno enough about footy to comment on the technical aspects, but I think this is a decent bit of insight. Sounds like Robbo would prefer to lose a few early on while the boys learn a bit of structure, rather than giving everybody a free license to try and score tries off everything. I am guessing that the structure feels awkward to some and might be causing errors...etc. However, I am satisfied that we are playing a certain way for a reason right now and our play will open up in coming weeks.
                            Yep, Robbo talks a great game as does Mr. Cronk. Both have mastered "Art of footy speak for the fans 101"
                            Unfortunately the game is played for 80 minutes on a grass field not in front of a microphone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                              Anyone who can speak French is obviously smart.
                              Parlez -vous francais ?

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Parlez -vous francais ?
                                Je suis fou

Comment

Working...
                                X