How smart is Robbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Gordon is a more valuable player due to his goal kicking for sure and certain - By the sounds of it Average Teddy will be lucky to be SOO fullback. Don't forget he played for a team that never played finals football when he played for them - Too many have high hopes in picking him as the missing link one has to say
    Average Teddy? You're hilarious.

Teddy is one of the most devastating attacking players I've ever seen. And that's in a Tigers team where the opposition has been able to lock in on him due to the lack of attacking support.

But at the Roosters he'll be far more dangerous as we have many attacking weapons.

If Teddy could dominate running off of Luke Brooks and the other mugs the Tigers have had then I can't wait to see him running off of Cronk and Keary.

He's gonna **** shit up and win the Dally M.

Comment

Nice fishing King Salvo, old mate.

You have got quite a 'good catch' as one would say....
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        Average Teddy? You're hilarious.

Teddy is one of the most devastating attacking players I've ever seen. And that's in a Tigers team where the opposition has been able to lock in on him due to the lack of attacking support.

But at the Roosters he'll be far more dangerous as we have many attacking weapons.

If Teddy could dominate running off of Luke Brooks and the other mugs the Tigers have had then I can't wait to see him running off of Cronk and Keary.

He's gonna **** shit up and win the Dally M.
        Play on words, The average bear.....

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post

He is probably much smarter at footy than you man.
          Trewhella thinks he is football's answer to Stephen Hawkings, when he is actually a lot more like Donald Trump....

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Gordon is a more valuable player due to his goal kicking for sure and certain - By the sounds of it Average Teddy will be lucky to be SOO fullback. Don't forget he played for a team that never played finals football when he played for them - Too many have high hopes in picking him as the missing link one has to say
            Average Teddy? Have you actually ever watched the bloke play?? He has more footy talent than most in the NRL. I'm a big fan of Mick Gordon but to suggest he is a more valuable player than Teddy is laughable. For all we know Teddy may actually be able to kick goals, but just never needed to as there were other options at the TigPies.
            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

mate you've lost the plot....

Comment

Yep. Nothing interesting here.......besides <me>. Calculated, insightful. ......kudos to you whoever you are.
                barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

And the point of the thread is not if he is capable.
                  the point of the thread is....is he capable of change?

there is a big difference
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                    And the point of the thread is not if he is capable.
                    the point of the thread is....is he capable of change?

there is a big difference
                    Change can also be a negative, the attributes you call for could also affect him negatively.

I see what you are getting at, he needs to evolve. He is still a relatively inexperienced coach compared to say Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler.

I really don't know if he is capable of the change in a season or two. Hopefully he keeps on evolving as he gets more experience. Personalities are usually set in stone.

Pathetic!
                    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

The coach just needs to get a rev up speech into his repertoire, especially in BIG games. Its something Paul Green must be good at, challenging individuals to get the better of the opposition.
                      I sense Robbo and his assistants aren't quite there yet. Sure he can 'manage' his way through a season, but it all culminates into the finals, then GF, then...
                      2013 seems so long ago
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

So long as the Roosters continue to finish in the top 4 Robbo hasnt got a thing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                          The coach just needs to get a rev up speech into his repertoire, especially in BIG games. Its something Paul Green must be good at, challenging individuals to get the better of the opposition.
                          I sense Robbo and his assistants aren't quite there yet. Sure he can 'manage' his way through a season, but it all culminates into the finals, then GF, then...
                          2013 seems so long ago
                          I have seen many occasions where Jack Gibson would turn a first half losing side into a second half winning side. It was a dramatic shift. I remember Bennett delivering a half time address that turned a semi-final on its head after Canterbury had run away from them in the first half. Pretty sure the Broncos won the comp that year.

I cannot recall a half time speech by Robinson changing the flow of any game I have watched by much. He has achieved great results for us, but the big games have often been disappointing. And he was thoroughly outcoached by Green when we bombed out last year. And some of our repetitive patterns have been so predictable that you hardly need a game plan to counter them.

We would have bombed straight out of the finals last year had it not been for Keary going wide to Mitchell. And they fielded a weakened side against us too. Robbo does well in the comp but is still having trouble going to the next level. It will be interesting now that Pearce has gone to see whether that changes things. Game management 'should' be better now.

Comment

stats are crap if they don't agree with what you believe on the other hand they are very important if you agree with them, that's the truth about stats.

Some of our forward's stats did surprise me a bit this year.
                            I think we did get some reasonable metres in the forwards but the Roosters use their backs alot more than most teams to gain metres through the middle especially early in sets.

Execution in my book was the let down more than anything.

Also inregards to stats the basic stats - tackles made , metres gained etc are pissant stats and its more specific stuff that is looked at from a coaches perspective
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              Robbo is alot smarter than what people think. Robbo runs the show at the Roosters & Nick & co couldnt be happier.
                              There would be few people that don't think he is smart.

He has plenty of room for improvement as a coach. He is still young.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                So long as the Roosters continue to finish in the top 4 Robbo hasnt got a thing to worry about.
                                I wouldn't be so sure of that.

The loss against the Cowboys put a dent in his longevity at the Roosters.

If the team has a good run with injury, and the Roosters don't make the GF, he could be gone.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X