Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddie View Post
    R T S

Really Thinking Souffs ????????????????????????
    Hopefully RTS isn't that stupid.... Would hate to be forced to hate a former roosters premiership winner.

i.e. The couple of seasons Craig Wing played for the Vermin never happened as far as I'm concerned

Comment

I don't understand why Tobin and others think we dropped the ball in any regard to him leaving.
      He broke his word.

And, we did the right thing by not signing him long term prior to his successful year at fullback in 2015.
      He owed the club one thing...................and he failed inthat rergard, then lied about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Hopefully RTS isn't that stupid.... Would hate to be forced to hate a former roosters premiership winner.

i.e. The couple of seasons Craig Wing played for the Vermin never happened as far as I'm concerned
        wingys first stint there taught him what failure was all about which he didn't enjoy so he came to a winners club and enjoyed success.

His is second stint there, he must have been chasing dollars. Can't blame him.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

wingys first stint there taught him what failure was all about which he didn't enjoy so he came to a winners club and enjoyed success.

His is second stint there, he must have been chasing dollars. Can't blame him.
          I'm sure $$ would had something to do with it, because the club hadn't offered him as much has he deserved.

But from memory more so, I think he was after his regular starting spot back. At the time that he didn't want to go 100% but he wasn't getting starts at hooker or in the halves.

He was mostly coming off the bench and (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think we had young hookers like Friendy, Maubs and his bro James and even Health E'stangle starting at no.9.

Instead of putting Wingy into the halves (where really he belonged) and moving Anasta to lock (where he belonged) we didn't utilise Wingy correctly that last season before he left. I even remember him playing in the centres at one stage.

Over the last decade Wing, Carney and BBQ are the only players that I've really been totally disappointed with the club for not fighting hard enough to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            I don't understand why Tobin and others think we dropped the ball in any regard to him leaving.
            He broke his word.

And, we did the right thing by not signing him long term prior to his successful year at fullback in 2015.
            He owed the club one thing...................and he failed inthat rergard, then lied about it.
            It's simple. We blew it by not signing him for about $400K before Tomkins realised he was a myth and decided to go back to the UK with his tail between his legs.

I don't buy into that broke his word stuff but it doesn't matter because had he given us last say we wouldn't have gotten close anyway,

Comment

I'm sure $$ would had something to do with it, because the club hadn't offered him as much has he deserved.

But from memory more so, I think he was after his regular starting spot back. At the time that he didn't want to go 100% but he wasn't getting starts at hooker or in the halves.

He was mostly coming off the bench and (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think we had young hookers like Friendy, Maubs and his bro James and even Health E'stangle starting at no.9.

Instead of putting Wingy into the halves (where really he belonged) and moving Anasta to lock (where he belonged) we didn't utilise Wingy correctly that last season before he left. I even remember him playing in the centres at one stage.

Over the last decade Wing, Carney and BBQ are the only players that I've really been totally disappointed with the club for not fighting hard enough to keep.
              Of those BBQ is the one that hurt the most but that was only for a season and plenty of other things contributed to last year.

Losing Gary Freeman was worse than all of them. He was absolutely all we had.

And you probably don't go back that far but we lost most of our stars after the 1982 season. That basically killed us until Gus came.

Comment

Possibly the Boss just didnt like him.
                I ant gonna talk about it this place isnt the place but Wingy was no chance of staying-he wasnt wanted .shame I rated him highly and he did a great job at hooker but he shouldve remained halfback instead of Davinci Code.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

It s*x losing players but lets be frank...
                  - Keary is faster than Maloney, doesn't give away stupid penalties and he's only 25 so has a longer shelf life
                  - Teddy is a more complete player than RT-left-foot-step. He's also a lifetime fan of the club who is willing to play for less $$$ (considering inflation, salry cap increases and his relative maturity/experience)
                  - Latrell and Fergo are probably earning about what Jenko would want for himself... both are taller players who have better aerial games
                  - We've kept the people who wanna stay!!! You can't buy love. I'd be much more sad to see Cords or Friend leave the club purely because we aren't offering enough $$$.
                  - We've survived the storm! In 2016 EVERYBODY left us. It was frigging annoying, but we came 2nd this year and have gone further in the finals than we did in 2014 and 2015 (with the above players). This is telling. IMO doing better than 2014/2015 (already) with Teddy arriving next year is very telling. Like... our recruitment/retention plan is WORKING!!!

Don't wanna get ahead of myself but what happens if we now win a surprise premiership? We treasure those 2013 players because they earned thir premiership rings. Is it arguable that we are now a better team than we were in 2013, with a superstar coming onto our books next year (rather than having a retention nighmare starting right at us). Just a thought... dynasty material v a bit more short-term success in 2016!
                  Last edited by ism22; 09-15-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

But don't you hate Hodges?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

But don't you hate Hodges?
                      List of favourite ex-Roosters...
                      1. Sammy P
                      2. Sisa Wanqa
                      3. Hodges
                      4. Anthony Tupou
                      5. Amos
                      6. Carney/Anasta
                      7. Soward
                      8. Willie Wanka
                      9. Updated: Watts
                      10. Updated: O'Meley
                      11. Fatty
                      12. Pyles
                      13. Shillo
                      Last edited by ism22; 09-15-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

List of favourite ex-Roosters...
                        1. Sammy P
                        2. Sisa Wanqa
                        3. Hodges
                        4. Anthony Tupou
                        5. Amos
                        6. Carney/Anasta
                        7. Soward
                        8. Willie Wanka
                        9. FinchEEEE
                        10. Fifita
                        11. Fatty
                        12. Pyles
                        13. Shillo
                        When did that grub Fifita play for us?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

When did that grub Fifita play for us?
                          Interesting, I thought I heard that he did and was dropped for being too small to be a winger. Looks like he tried out but was knocked back. Whew...

Now I need to replace him though. Hmmmm... O'Meley?

Oh and take FinchEEEE out, he's a nice guy (and isn't a hooker either). Anthony Watts can replace him.

We need a bench too.

Bench:
                          - Setaimata Sa
                          - Cherro
                          ... still recruiting
                          Last edited by ism22; 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I'll never say a bad word about RTS . I have nothing but fond memories of him playing in the RWB. Players come and go and I'll never forget that try (amongst many he scored for us as well as other highlights) against Manly in the 2013 QF. We may have progressed anyway but still.

Anyway, I'd welcome him with open arms if he wanted to return.

In saying that he wouldn't want to be chasing big dollars. Quite simply I think looking in from the outside there is a great culture at Bondi, the team is playing with a lot of cohesion, a lot of heart and I think there are quite a few at the Roosters who could command more dollars; Liu, SST, JWH to name just three.

This current squad has a lot of 2013 about it - here's wishing.
                            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Possibly the Boss just didnt like him.
                              I ant gonna talk about it this place isnt the place but Wingy was no chance of staying-he wasnt wanted .shame I rated him highly and he did a great job at hooker but he shouldve remained halfback instead of Davinci Code.
                              Wingy told me that same thing in person at a trial (vs Panthers at Carrara) in the sheds. Then he apologized to me.

Top bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Wingy told me that same thing in person at a trial (vs Panthers at Carrara) in the sheds. Then he apologized to me.

Top bloke.
                                Didn't he need $$$ big time after being farked over by some conman who got a heap of footy players at the time?

Like he wasn't poor or anything but I think he put a large portion of his savings into some scam and had to earn it back really quickly, so went to Souffs then Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X