X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    What crowd are you expecting?

I'll guess 21,013
    I saw what you did with the temperature and the crowd.

Shame the rest of the Chookpen don't have a clue lol...
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by boogie View Post

back then didnt they say if you were on one side of the draw it would be at aussie stadium and the other side would be at telstra stadium the year before we finished 2nd and played the prelim at aussie
      Yeah I think usually the second highest placed team unless it got beat in the first week would play Saturday nigth at the Footy Stadium.

The minor premiers if they won week one would play the sunday arvo game at Homebush...

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
        I thought it was Allianz for week 3. That we were guaranteed minimum two home games win or lose G1.
        Frankly, a full Allianz is far better than ANZ anyway, and since they can't even fill allianz tonight with two sets of sydney fans, that should be the end of that ANZ idea.
        50,000 Bandwagoning Parra bogans will disagree with you about filling a stadium should they win next week.

I still hope it is at Allianz as I dont want to travel to the wasteland called Homebush to see the Roosters beat the Bogans.

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Yes, and that was because both us and the Vermin won in week 1 and so as far as I'm aware had the choice of venue in week 3, we chose Allianz and they chose ANZ.

I would be extremely pissed off if the Roosters as the host and highest ranking team, had to play Parra at ANZ in week 3, as it gives them home ground advantage which they don't deserve. We should have the option to play at Allianz until the GF and I always thought that was how it worked - the highest ranking Syd team had the choice between Allianz and ANZ, no matter who they played.
          Unfortunately NC I think the game will be at Homebush if we end up playing Parra. Allianz will not hold enough as the crowd will be 50k plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Unfortunately NC I think the game will be at Homebush if we end up playing Parra. Allianz will not hold enough as the crowd will be 50k plus.
            not bad hey, so they could effectively end up with two home ground finals as round one losers.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

• We shouldn't be bothered about playing parra at ANZ. We wouldn't be bothered about playing them in a GF there so why should a prelim be any different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                We shouldn't be bothered about playing parra at ANZ. We wouldn't be bothered about playing them in a GF there so why should a prelim be any different.
                So you wouldn't have cared if the NRL had decided to play last Friday's game in Brisbane? In fact, something very similar happened (in the 90s, I think) when Brisbane were given a home ground advantage when we had finished above them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

So you wouldn't have cared if the NRL had decided to play last Friday's game in Brisbane? In fact, something very similar happened (in the 90s, I think) when Brisbane were given a home ground advantage when we had finished above them.
                  That's different. Travelling to another city is obviously much harder and a big advantage to the home side. Not like driving 20 minutes to Homebush. We shouldn't be worried about whether it's Homebush or Allianz. Technically it's Parra's home ground but so what it's too big and soulless to give much of a home ground advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

50k? Looking at yesterdays crowd with manly and Penrith, it was lower than Friday. I'm thinking Easts v Parra would get 35k at best the way fans are staying away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

50k? Looking at yesterdays crowd with manly and Penrith, it was lower than Friday. I'm thinking Easts v Parra would get 35k at best the way fans are staying away.
                      It looks like the NRL agrees with you. I'm very happy the game will be played at Allianz.

Comment

• Just like to make special mention about the club and its past 2 promos at the stadium and it's endeavour to making it an experience for all.Last week celebration of 50 years of the 67 team and having past greats interviewed along with classic black and white footage of the '67 games and last Fridays semi presentation exceptionable.
                        The young guy dancing in the aisles on the eastern side at half time just brilliant. Not sure if he was a plant but all the crowd got off. Whoever chose the music for the night nailed it. Songs not in the mainstream.
                        Whoever did it I say well done. What capped it for me was the inclusion of the best riff in Aussie Rock history - the song sung by Stevie Wright. Black Eyed Bruiser.https://youtu.be/WxlI6ZaUhLE

Comment

Working...
                        X