Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post

Dice - I find it hard to believe you really think this..

My thoughts are that we would not be anywhere near the position we are in without Gordon.

His experience and consistency at the back has been a game changer for us.
    The way that he reads the game is up there with the best.
    The calming influence he has on the the rest of the backline can't be understated.
    He is our best back-up runner looking for offloads.
    He catches bombs all day comfortably.
    Appears to be a terrific bloke on and off the field that adds to team harmony.
    He also kicks goals.....

Sure he will be replaced by Tedesco, who is a superstar, next year.
    I think we are so lucky to have picked up a player of Gordon's calibre to fill the void at the back that has been vacant since Mini retired....
    Totally agree with this.
    The stability Gordon has given the team at the back has been invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Listen up Subject :-) - I gave accurate info as their are 3 levels to this type of injury- majority of pectoral strains are grade 2 tears - thus 2 to 6 weeks- Grade 3 are rare but do happen- Quentin Pongia did his pec in round 3 in 2000 I recall - Grade 3 - out for the season

Grade 1 recovery takes a matter of days. You can return to training when the symptoms have disappeared.
      • Grade 2 recovery is a matter of weeks-—approximately 2-6.
      • Grade 3 complete tears usually require surgery; full recovery takes months.

Grade 1: a small number of fibres are torn resulting in some pain, but allowing full function.
      • Grade 2: a significant number of fibres are torn with moderate loss of function.
      • Grade 3: all muscle fibres are ruptured resulting in major loss of function.

Grade 1 strains involve a few torn muscle or tendon fibres. Loss of strength is minimal, and recovery quite manageable.
      • Grade 2 strains involve more torn fibres, some loss of strength, and a longer rehab period.
      • Grade 3 pectoralis strains are rare, painful, debilitating, and can have long-term effects on strength, power, range of motion, and sports performance. In most cases, the muscle will never regain it original strength.

The majority of pectoral strains are grade 2 tears.- 2 to 6 weeks

Many on here said oh the injury was from when he dropped the bomb - no it was the attempted tackle on Goodwin when he stepped him inside - you can see his arm being stretched as a result which resulted in the sustaining of the pectoral injury.- see below around 2:42 minute period on the highlights video- the front on off the missed tackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0r2b5dP24
      Your full of crap. I wasn't doubting your info, just pointing out that JT had posted about an earlier than you ....
      Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      NrL Physio on Twitter - For Michael Gordon pec injury hope it's muscle and not tendon
      Muscle: usually no surgery and weeks
      Tendon: usually surgery and season over

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        I think Queen Salvo might be able to help a few on here with referrals to certain places :-)
        I didn't know you had transitioned. Congratulations ... I guess.

Comment

Michael Gordon's goal kicking has been the icing on the cake, and damn fine icing it is all by itself.
          But the cake and the meat of his contributions are far more important. His positional play has been great, he carries the ball well and plays a big part in our attaching combinations.
          He has saved our bacon more than once in defense as well
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Bit off topic but I remember we were thinking about buying Flash years ago when he was at Penrith, but he said he'd never play for us as his Nan hated the Roosters for some reason, & Flash was very close to her.

I'm glad that situation changed, Flash has been just what we needed after the Latrell fullback experiment failed.

Comment

Remember his try saver on Peachey in rnd 3?

Unbelievable tackle. He scored the match winner too.

The goal kicking is huge. But yes, even if he didn't kick for goal his contributions would still be enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Remember his try saver on Peachey in rnd 3?

Unbelievable tackle. He scored the match winner too.

The goal kicking is huge. But yes, even if he didn't kick for goal his contributions would still be enormous.
                The guy has class, whilst being humble. I feel were are a lot safer against every type of kick especially the in goal grubber (having said that he didn't do too well against the Cleary floaters - but then again who does?)
                Roosters For Ever

Comment

Flash has done a great job for us at fullback this year. Although there were many who were bagging him a few weeks ago because he was kicking at below 70%. Many had the argument of why is he playing if he can't kick goals. Since Taylor joined us his goalkicking has improved immensely (whether it was JT or not who helped that) which has obviously swayed opinions.

As for next year, he can't control our defensive line from wing. I doubt he would be prepared to play for Wyong and if we re-sign Fergo I can only see Manu missing out which I hope doesn't lead to him also seeking opportunities elsewhere. He is slow and short in comparison to other wings and will be dominated by most opposition players. His only value on the field will be his goalkicking. His re-signing puzzles me unless the talk of Fergo re-signing is BS.

Having said that, if we lose him for the rest of this year we are in deep sh!t. Watson will be great from an attacking perspective but he will struggle when it comes to organising our defence, taking bombs and his positional play.

Comment

Hopefully the injury to flash will not be to bad and he will be ok for the finals.
                    I find it amazing that we have people on this forum doubting his value to our improved form this year.
                    Does anyone really believe we would be where we are if Latrell was still fullback.
                    Whilst like everyone I believe Latrell will be a superstar in the future I would not want to see him back at fullback and Gordon gives us that stability we lacked last year at the back.
                    Fingers crossed he will be ok if not I think Watson will do a good job.

Comment

• Sydney Roosters fullback Michael Gordon should know by Tuesday whether his 2017 NRL season is over.

Gordon has undergone scans after suffering a pectoral injury in Friday night's win over South Sydney.

The club's spokeswoman said it was not yet known how severe the injury was and whether he will be forced to go under the knife.

Should the veteran fullback be ruled out for the remainder of the season it would be a massive blow to the Roosters' title hopes.

Latrell Mitchell and Blake Ferguson shape as possibilities to wear the No.1 jersey for the rest of the year should he be ruled out.

Gordon recently re-signed with the Roosters for 2018 but is expected to move to the wing with the arrival of NSW fullback James Tedesco next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dice View Post
                        Yep, the same arguments we had about Minichiello yet we didn't miss him at all when RTS went to fullback.

Gordon a stop gap measure for the idiotic decision to replace Maloney with Hastings. Robbo should be forcing players like Keary to practice goal-kicking so that we don't have to compromise the roster.
                        You think Gordon is s compromise? Honestly?
                        Did you miss the try saver he put on against South's? We won by 2 points.
                        Gordon is a gun.
                        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post
                          So if he is gone who moves to fullback? Fergo or Watson? Latrell does not really seem suited to the role at the moment.
                          I'm a fan of starting Watson at FB, less disruption, the Origin has disrupted us enough with changes, especially vs. Souths. Fergo was a joke and Latrell is doing well at centre.

11 tackle breaks against Souths!
                          Originally posted by jism
                          I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

I'm a fan of starting Watson at FB, less disruption, the Origin has disrupted us enough with changes, especially vs. Souths. Fergo was a joke and Latrell is doing well at centre.

I agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

Ferguson was fantastic at fullback at the back end of last season, when Latrell went to the wing.

Comment

• It is Massoud but hope its true.

Josh Massoud‏Verified account @josh_massoud 21m21 minutes ago

More
                                Michael Gordon could return from torn pec within a month as @sydneyroosters consider no surgery. Operation will sideline him until finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X