Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats on the menu for dinner these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll eat anything. As along as it's MEAT!

Comment

• Making a one pot lamb casserole tonight with lamb chops, chilli, capsicum, tomatoes, potatoes, onion and red wine vinegar.

Going to have nibbles of tarama, fried zucchini, caper berries and olives before hand.

Comment

• 12 doz Sydney Rock Oysters from Forster some natural others with Lemon and a few with Lime.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue
          I'm reinventing this recipe for Christmas by changing the chocolate to white and adding dried cranberries.
          White chocolate and cranberries are dream made in Heaven

Comment

• Butterflied leg of lamb with rosemary with lemon greek potatoes, roast sweet potatoes and roast carrot for dinner tonight.

Comment

• Having a delicious chicken liver pate for nibbles before dinner by Steph's Gourmet Foods which I bought up at the markets at Narrabeen the other week, so rich but yummmmmmm.

Comment

• Pretty basic, bit i could live off this,

Mussels in white wine, with chilli,12 cloves of garlic and onion, dash of cream, or for a red sauce, bottle of tomato sugo.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
                  Pretty basic, bit i could live off this,

Mussels in white wine, with chilli,12 cloves of garlic and onion, dash of cream, or for a red sauce, bottle of tomato sugo.
                  I could live on mussels too, I used to make them with chilli, onion, red wine, tomato puree and a tin of tomatoes but found even though it was nice the sauce was a bit heavy so now I just do them with
                  chilli onion, tin tomatoes and a bit of white wine, nice light and delicious.
                  I find now I'm particular about the brand of tin tomatoes I buy and i usually only buy Annalisa now, just tomatoes and tomato juice and nothing else added and usually cheap too.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

I could live on mussels too, I used to make them with chilli, onion, red wine, tomato puree and a tin of tomatoes but found even though it was nice the sauce was a bit heavy so now I just do them with
                    chilli onion, tin tomatoes and a bit of white wine, nice light and delicious.
                    I find now I'm particular about the brand of tin tomatoes I buy and i usually only buy Annalisa now, just tomatoes and tomato juice and nothing else added and usually cheap too.
                    Hey HH, any idea where to get a nice clam chowder?

Got back from the states last week, i had two different versions there, and i was hooked.

Comment

Hey HH, any idea where to get a nice clam chowder?

Got back from the states last week, i had two different versions there, and i was hooked.
                      Haven't really seen it on the menu here milanja, the last time I had it was like you in the states, had it in San Fran last year and it was yummo.

Comment

• Had very few ingredients tonight, but made a spag bol which was as tasty, if not tastier than if i had the regular stuff i put in!

1 onion, bout 8 cloves of garlic, pork&veal mince, bout 300ml of white wine, bottle of tomato sugo, basil and parsley, bay leaf, dash of chilli, and put about a cup of MILK in after the second hour of cooking, left it all for one more hour, and wow i was impressed.

Always read about putting milk in, but never did it (thought it was a strange ingredient) but apparently it keeps the meat from drying out.

Will use this recipe for a little while now, usually i add carrots, celery, pancetta, and other bits and pieces, but this was just as good without.

Comment

Had very few ingredients tonight, but made a spag bol which was as tasty, if not tastier than if i had the regular stuff i put in!

1 onion, bout 8 cloves of garlic, pork&veal mince, bout 300ml of white wine, bottle of tomato sugo, basil and parsley, bay leaf, dash of chilli, and put about a cup of MILK in after the second hour of cooking, left it all for one more hour, and wow i was impressed.

Always read about putting milk in, but never did it (thought it was a strange ingredient) but apparently it keeps the meat from drying out.

Will use this recipe for a little while now, usually i add carrots, celery, pancetta, and other bits and pieces, but this was just as good without.
                          I have a friend who sometimes puts a block of chocolate in his spag bol, have to admit I really couldn't taste anything different when I tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue
                            I have a few friends who soak their chicken in milk before they grill it for the same reason.
                            My mother soaked a snapper in milk before baking it and it was beautiful to eat.

Comment

• Poached duck eggs for breakfast and one was a double yolker yummmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

My mother soaked a snapper in milk before baking it and it was beautiful to eat.
                                What type of milk? Strawberry or chocolate?

Comment

Working...
                                X