Tops feeds in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

There seems to be places opening and closing there over the years, i have been interested in trying the Lucky Cat dumpling bar there, the menu looks interesting but it gets variable reviews. Will check out Osteria when i'm next there. The Legion Club is nice and pleasant to sit back and relax, food is pretty good , they have just started renovations to put in a roof top bar.
    We have had dumplings at the lucky cat, they were very good, we were just a little peckish so got 10 of the pork and chive and a couple glasses of wine.

will go for a proper meal there at some stage.

for me, sometimes I just feel like a certain food when I walk past it, and if it’s booked out then I just move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

We have had dumplings at the lucky cat, they were very good, we were just a little peckish so got 10 of the pork and chive and a couple glasses of wine.

for me, sometimes I just feel like a certain food when I walk past it, and if it’s booked out then I just move on.
      Where were you brought up mil Sydney or Canberra or somewhere else?
      Remind me of why you love the Roosters was it your mates brother who went for them & took you to a Roosters game & you then fell in love with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Where were you brought up mil Sydney or Canberra or somewhere else?
        Remind me of why you love the Roosters was it your mates brother who went for them & took you to a Roosters game & you then fell in love with them?
        Yep Canberra boy Mickey, cousins dad killed their rooster back in the early 80s, and he went for the chooks ever since, and because I was always with them it was just natural that I went for them too. My old man bought me my first roosters flag at seifert oval in 87 when I was 10. It was one of the few things I took from the house when we were told to prepare to leave our house during the 03 bushfires.

me and my cousin still drive up to Sydney a few times a year plus finals, and me and the wife go up a couple times too, and always stay in coogee, that probably why I’m so fond of the area.

would of been nice if I could of learnt to love the raiders so I could watched a live match every couple weeks, but i couldn’t force it, and I don’t even have a soft spot for them.
        Last edited by milanja; 01-28-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Yep Canberra boy Mickey, cousins dad killed their rooster back in the early 80s, and he went for the chooks ever since, and because I was always with them it was just natural that I went for them too. My old man bought me my first roosters flag at seifert oval in 87 when I was 10. It was one of the few things I took from the house when we were told to prepare to leave our house during the 03 bushfires.

me and my cousin still drive up to Sydney a few times a year plus finals, and me and the wife go up a couple times too, and always stay in coogee, that probably why I’m so fond of the area.
          Go the Chooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Go the Chooks.
            Always

Comment

Thanks , that's good to know, i love a good dumpling and always on the hunt for them.

Comment

• Went to the fish markets today and seeing i was buying seafood for dinner went to Vic's meat for lunch, had the wagyu cheese burger and onion rings, their cheese burgers are probably the best around and the onion rings yummy.

Bought some tiger prawns to make an old fashioned prawn cocktail, smoked trout, Pambula oysters and leatherjackets.

Comment

• Going to Archie's in Dover Heights next week. Menu looks amazing:

https://www.archiescafeco.com
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Had two amazing dinners over the last couple of weeks at these venues.

Mamma's and Papas Randwick.

Shared baked camembert and calamari for entrees then had veal piccata and the special of lobster spaghetti for mains.
                    Both entrees excellent, i know calamari can usually be a ho hum or safe dish but this was an old dish well done, succulent calamari dusted in flour, the camembert was interesting , usually it comes out crumbed but this was done in a port wine sauce and wasyummy, very rich but totally enjoyable.
                    Veal picatta came with a salad instead of veges, veal was probably just a bit well cooked but was refreshing with the salad, the lobster spaghetti was fabulous, usually i dismiss lobster because it can often be bland but this was great, a whole half lobster with lots of flavour which blended nicely with the tomato sauce, totally satisfying. Want to go back and try their pizza's which Hawkeye has recommended pages back, better half was surprised i didn't have the sardines for entree because i love fresh sardines but always love seeing baked or crumbed camembert or brie on the menu., will try the sardines next visit.

Comment

• The second was Jins Tea House at Newtown.

Had so many amazing entrees between 4 people, smoked duck, laphroiag smoked chicken and various dumplings then for mains shared mains of wild mushroom chicken, tea fragrant king prawns and the pomello sweet and sour pork, all were excellent, the amount of flavour they packed into mushroom chicken dish was amazing, simple, subtle but wow. Just something special about this place, a real notch above any normal Chinese/ Asian, some really interesting cocktails on the menu which will be sampled next time.

Comment

• Stayed in coogee again for a few days because the Anzac Day match, and we ate at Barzura on the first night, ordered the pot of mussels and some satay sticks to share, the mussels were done as good as I have ever had them, that we went back two nights later and ordered the same thing again, heaps of mussels and crunchy bread to dip in their delicious sauce which there is lots of too, ended up eating it as a soup after the mussels were done

we haven’t eaten here before as it is always busy during summer, so it was nice to be able try it and know the food is tasty.

Comment

Stayed in coogee again for a few days because the Anzac Day match, and we ate at Barzura on the first night, ordered the pot of mussels and some satay sticks to share, the mussels were done as good as I have ever had them, that we went back two nights later and ordered the same thing again, heaps of mussels and crunchy bread to dip in their delicious sauce which there is lots of too, ended up eating it as a soup after the mussels were done

we haven’t eaten here before as it is always busy during summer, so it was nice to be able try it and know the food is tasty.
                          Its funny, i have really forgotten about Barzura, i used to go there a bit for breakfast or brunch with friends who lived in Randwick back then and also when friends who came down from Brisbane, it would at least 20 years since i have been there, as you say the few times i have walked past over the last few years it always has been so busy so i have never had a re look at the menu. I really love a good dish of mussels so will have to check it out again.
                          A place not far from me called Renzos at Tempe used to do lovely mussels in a beautiful tomato sauce, once covid set in they only did take away and the mussels weren't on the menu, they re opened for eat in again a lot later and the mussels didn't come back on the menu, i asked the manager about it and he said it was costing them to much as not many people were ordering them so they had to throw a lot out, i was very disappointed as they were great, needless to say i still go there sometimes but not as often now, their pizzas are good but i want my mussels, think they are back to only doing take away again now so haven't been for a while. Another Italian place in Enmore called Rosso Antico does great mussels, their pizzas aren't as good as Renzos though but they do great crumbed olives also.
                          Last edited by horrie hastings; 04-29-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Its funny, i have really forgotten about Barzura, i used to go there a bit for breakfast or brunch with friends who lived in Randwick back then and also when friends who came down from Brisbane, it would at least 20 years since i have been there, as you say the few times i have walked past over the last few years it always has been so busy so i have never had a re look at the menu. I really love a good dish of mussels so will have to check it out again.
                            A place not far from me called Renzos at Tempe used to do lovely mussels in a beautiful tomato sauce, once covid set in they only did take away and the mussels weren't on the menu, they re opened for eat in again a lot later and the mussels didn't come back on the menu, i asked the manager about it and he said it was costing them to much as not many people were ordering them so they had to throw a lot out, i was very disappointed as they were great, needless to say i still go there sometimes but not as often now, their pizzas are good but i want my mussels, think they are back to only doing take away again now so haven't been for a while. Another Italian place in Enmore called Rosso Antico does great mussels, their pizzas aren't as good as Renzos though but they do great crumbed olives also.
                            Gee didn’t realise Barzura had been there for so long, think they also do an early bird special before 6pm, the pot of mussels which is usually $30 is $25 with a free beer.

if I enjoyed them so much, I’m sure you will.

Comment

Gee didn’t realise Barzura had been there for so long, think they also do an early bird special before 6pm, the pot of mussels which is usually $30 is $25 with a free beer.

if I enjoyed them so much, I’m sure you will.
                              They have been at Coogee since 1994, must be doing something right to be opened that long, used to love the brunches there, sitting there gazing back north over Coogee beach, it is in such a good position there.The mussels sound sensational, just checked out the specials, 3pm-6pm weekdays, mussels with a James Boag, that will do me fine , will have to get there soon.

Oh and i just saw the $10 bellini's, i'm in
                              Last edited by horrie hastings; 04-30-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• If you can get to a Milky Lane ...I highly recommend the loaded fries and the Kevin McBacon burger

Comment

Working...
                                X