No announcement yet.

Tops feeds in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sydney institution closed its doors a few weeks ago, No Names in Darlinghurst, while it will never be remembered for fine dining there was always something comforting about the schnitzel/spaghetti combos, the crusty white bread, the iceberg lettuce with vinegar which used to pass as a salad and the big bottles of cordial at the service area.It was a family favourite when we were growing up, my mother used to like the calves liver, which I admit I didn't mind trying a bit of either, first went there sometime in the late 60s and even though I hadn't been there often over the last few years it is like a death in the family

Comment

• Apparently someone that used to be on here told me there are some pretty good places to eat out at Mt Druitt.

Comment

• Went to Lifeboat seafoods at Brooklyn today, had the prawn cutlets which were delicious then flathead with their hand cut chips and salad, just beautiful, hands down the best fish and chips going around, caught the train so I could have a glass of wine or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
          Went to Lifeboat seafoods at Brooklyn today, had the prawn cutlets which were delicious then flathead with their hand cut chips and salad, just beautiful, hands down the best fish and chips going around, caught the train so I could have a glass of wine or two.
          How much does it cost matey?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Chook View Post

How much does it cost matey?
            It cost $85 yesterday for two serves of flathead, chips and salad [ one grilled, one fried ] ,a bowl of calamari and also the prawn cutlets. Depending on what fish you have, fish chips and salad cost anywhere between $22-$30, it can work out cheaper take away. Not the cheapest but the quality makes up for it and all the fish is on display in the window and there isn't a piece of basa or hoki in sight.
            Last edited by horrie hastings; 11-08-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

It cost $85 yesterday for two serves of flathead, chips and salad [ one grilled, one fried ] ,a bowl of calamari and also the prawn cutlets. Depending on what fish you have, fish chips and salad cost anywhere between $22-$30, it can work out cheaper take away. Not the cheapest but the quality makes up for it and all the fish is on display in the window and there isn't a piece of basa or hoki in sight.
              No not the feed matey, the train ticket to Brooklyn haha..

Just kidding of course the meal, not the cheapest but sounds good value and I especially like the fact there was no basa or hoki lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Chook View Post
                Apparently someone that used to be on here told me there are some pretty good places to eat out at Mt Druitt.
                Rashays, Mt Druitt Westfields maaaaate.

Comment

• Had wagyu beef the other day at home, wanted to see if it was worth it, bought 3 porterhouse steaks, rolled them in salt and pepper, and cooked to about medium rare, rested for 10min. Wow, what a delicious cut, felt light and fluffy to eat, no other condiments needed. Will try the ribeye cut next. Well worth the extra money every now and again.

Comment

• Street Market at Kirribilli, went yesterday for brunch, have been before for brunch and dinner, beautiful Asian style tapas and yum cha dishes, their steamed oysters with ginger and shallots are to die for and the salmon skewers were melt in your mouth, so many great options on the menu.

Comment

• Oysters, prawns and Balmain bugs on the balcony of my cabin at Narrabeen, doesn’t get much better than this, a holiday break without leaving Sydney.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me where I can get a sniztel pearce, Cornish pastie and a Cronski sausage burger please???
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Vaucluse Ocean seafood is pretty good.
                          John Ibraham go's there.

Comment

Oysters, prawns and Balmain bugs on the balcony of my cabin at Narrabeen, doesn’t get much better than this, a holiday break without leaving Sydney.
                            Hey HH, I’m at mrs tops in Milton this weekend, going to have dinner here too, I mentioned that you talked about them when they were in marrickville and they kept trying to guess your name, I told them I only knew you as a roosters fan. I’ll let you know how the food is.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Hey HH, I’m at mrs tops in Milton this weekend, going to have dinner here too, I mentioned that you talked about them when they were in marrickville and they kept trying to guess your name, I told them I only knew you as a roosters fan. I’ll let you know how the food is.
                              Interested to hear what you think of the food, I don't think it is quite as good now as what it used to be when at Marrickville and when they first went to Milton but don't get me wrong , it is still good comfort food and I think it is amazing what they produce out of that kitchen. The menu was much more extensive at Marrickville but even when I stay at Milton I have trouble deciding what I want to order if I stay only one night, a bit easier if I stay the two nights, the bed dinner and breakfast package works out great value. I will have to get back down there again soon as I'm not sure how long Vanessa and Analtolij can keep going, they have already cut back a bit over the last couple of years. There is another place I am interested in trying down there at Milton, it is called Saint Isidore and it just down the road and around the corner from Mrs Top, looks very interesting.

Comment

Interested to hear what you think of the food, I don't think it is quite as good now as what it used to be when at Marrickville and when they first went to Milton but don't get me wrong , it is still good comfort food and I think it is amazing what they produce out of that kitchen. The menu was much more extensive at Marrickville but even when I stay at Milton I have trouble deciding what I want to order if I stay only one night, a bit easier if I stay the two nights, the bed dinner and breakfast package works out great value. I will have to get back down there again soon as I'm not sure how long Vanessa and Analtolij can keep going, they have already cut back a bit over the last couple of years. There is another place I am interested in trying down there at Milton, it is called Saint Isidore and it just down the road and around the corner from Mrs Top, looks very interesting.
                                Spot on when you say comfort food, I actually think the selection is too big, I had the duck ragu for entree, veal osso bucco main and a really good parfait desert. The wife went for seared scallops entree, orange roughy main and tiramisu dessert, It was ok but I think the seafood was all slightly overcooked, I was tossing up between the pork belly, king island beef fillet but chose the osso, very generous serve.

breaky was just a good hearty well cooked meal with a good selection of bread,yoghurt, and other condiments.

cant believe he is 77 and Vanessa 72! They said they are slowing down, they take about 4 months off a year, when we left they were straight into the cleaning, vacuuming, washing ironing, crazy how they just keep going.

would definitely stay there again though.

on the Friday night we stayed in Nowra cos there was no accommodation left anywhere, and notice a restaurant called the wharf just under the shoalhaven bridge, Sydney chef that has moved down that way, and now gets to use a lot more local produce, couldn’t get a table, but will check it out next time I head towards Jervis.
                                Last edited by milanja; 01-28-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X