No announcement yet.

Tops feeds in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was always my favourite thread. Shame SC doesn't post anymore.

Just came back from a few days in Syd, caught the ferry to Doyle's at Watsons bay and ate at the takeaway not the main restaurant. Wow definitely enjoyed the chilli mussels and the chowder was super.

We had dinner at a place called pony dining at the rocks. They cook their meat over a Argentinian style bbq, we had the 1kg T-bone as a shared platter. Was sensational, disappointed that you had to order all your sides seperately, if not you just get the meat, which is strange for a sharing platter. Will have to try the 500gr rib eye served with bone marrow next time, wait staff were great, but the main women running the show was very uptight and rude.

The same night my sister ate at a place a couple doors away called "the cut above" where they pretty much give you a chunk of beef that just melts in your mouth, will try that next time.

Also read about a place near the Martin pl GPO called prime steak and degustation that looks very impressive.

But out of all the nice places and fancy ones, I still enjoyed nothing more than going to vices meats at the fish markets and devouring 2 beef prime ribs, sensational, smoked for about 12hrs,great crust,juicy and not even needing the great Bbq sauce that was served with it. The guys saw me enjoying gnawing at the bone so much, he even brought over some pork ribs to sample. Love this place.

Usually I finish off my trip with breakfast in Coogee at fahrinas Brazilian which just keeps getting better and still $19.50 all you can eat and drink(coffee,fresh juices,acai smoothies) but had to leave early today😂.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
      This was always my favourite thread. Shame SC doesn't post anymore.

Just came back from a few days in Syd, caught the ferry to Doyle's at Watsons bay and ate at the takeaway not the main restaurant. Wow definitely enjoyed the chilli mussels and the chowder was super.
      Haven't tried the chilli mussels but I always enjoy the seafood from Doyles on the wharf take away, it is so reasonably priced compared to the restaurant on the beach and good sized portions.
      Just checked out Fahrinas on the net, looks interesting.
      Last edited by horrie hastings; 01-10-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Haven't tried the chilli mussels but I always enjoy the seafood from Doyles on the wharf take away, it is so reasonably priced compared to the restaurant on the beach and good sized portions.
        Just checked out Fahrinas on the net, looks interesting.
        HH, do yourself a favour and just try the breakfast, dinner was tough when I went because all u can eat pasta and pizza doesn't really go to far, you fill up pretty quick.

I have taken 3 different groups of friends to breakfast there, and every time I leave it's like I have been to the happiest place on earth.

Agree, value for Watson bay Doyle's take out is sensational, especially still being able to eat in an enclosed restaurant by the water, or sitting on the grass under a tree with a bottle of your favourite beverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

HH, do yourself a favour and just try the breakfast, dinner was tough when I went because all u can eat pasta and pizza doesn't really go to far, you fill up pretty quick.

I have taken 3 different groups of friends to breakfast there, and every time I leave it's like I have been to the happiest place on earth.

Agree, value for Watson bay Doyle's take out is sensational, especially still being able to eat in an enclosed restaurant by the water, or sitting on the grass under a tree with a bottle of your favourite beverage.
          Yes with Doyle's I usually like sitting in the enclosed section on the wharf with a bottle of wine, the Doyle's brand house wine is good and great price point too, I do sometimes like sitting under one of the old fig trees if there aren't seagulls around. A few reviews I read of Fahrinas reckon the breakfast is better value than the dinner sitting like you mentioned.

Went to Lifeboat at Brooklyn for lunch on Thursday , had calamari, oysters and the local school prawns, all were fabulous, the school prawns were just so sweet and juicy, then had fish, I had fried gurnard and a friend had grilled whiting, both were sensational and came with salad and home made chips. Lifeboat do a really good mussel dish but they didn't have any this day, the owner turned up a bit later and he had been at the markets getting the mussels so I missed out this time but everything else made up for it. Most of the seafood sold there is local from the Hawkesbury River, I like it in the cooler months when they have black fish on the menu, such a great eating under rated fish.

Comment

• Went to Linda's on King St Newtown had salt and pepper prawns then a shell fish risotto, both were great but then had a divinely wicked coconut panna cotta with lime ice cream, pineapple granita and macadamia praline

Comment

• Sounds awesome. Especially the desert.

I went to Applebee's last night. It was crap. 😬
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• LevendI at Wollongong.

Great takeaway seafood.
                Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• My favourite seafood place at Nambucca heads is closed till the 9th march so no Balmain bugs ATM but at least got some yummy oysters off one of the road side stalls,beautiful and salty and the guy shucked them while we waited.

Comment

Went to Linda's on King St Newtown had salt and pepper prawns then a shell fish risotto, both were great but then had a divinely wicked coconut panna cotta with lime ice cream, pineapple granita and macadamia praline :)
                    Not as good as vanilla ice cream with chocolate topping & nuts or thousand & thousands.

Comment

• Seafood place open at Nambucca today so have Moreton bay bugs and king prawns for dinner . Local place near grassy head open tomorrow and Friday so going to get some fresh black fish fillets if they have them

Comment

Seafood place open at Nambucca today so have Moreton bay bugs and king prawns for dinner . Local place near grassy head open tomorrow and Friday so going to get some fresh black fish fillets if they have them
                        you lucky bastard.
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Moreton bay bugs were superb , prawns were were great just with a bit of lemon, I love being away up the coast eating great seafood alfresco.

Comment

• $1 oysters at Zebu in Port Macquarie last night 😀 Beautiful just eating them with a glass of bubbles watching the world go by, 2 dozen of the beauties went down well.

Comment

• i go to hurstville every friday for lunch superb Chinese food mist mains $15, my fave is canton noodle house where i reccomend pippies in xo sauce and shanton chicken with steamed rice, chinese tea 2 people full as a roosters grand final

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post

I like the ginger sponge dessert so much that Ms Loiner got them to do a take out one last week for my birthday. It's the best dessert in Sydney in my opinion - a proper old school pud.

Would be happy to go to Linda's every week to be honest, love the place.
                                Linda's is closing for good next week, I think Saturday 1st April is the last night, only just discovered it was closing when I walked past the other day and it had the sign out the front. so you better hurry if you want to have one more ginger sponge desert. Sent you a pm the other day when I found out. An end of an era

Comment

Working...
                                X