FIFA Women’s World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA Women’s World Cup

It’s off under way with NZ beating Norway 1-0 and Australia beating Ireland 1-0 in an absolute nail biter surviving intense late pressure from the Irish

Who has watched tonight and who will be watching in future Is anyone going up games I will attending two games at Allianz

Go Matilda’s
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

I’m watching the Ashes but keen to see some of it if I get a chance.

Comment

Wish I’d watched the soccer instead of the cricket!

Comment

great win for the matildas with kerr out. if they can jag another win v nigeria then they can rest kerr for the third game and, you never know your luck, she can come back and lead the team deep into the tournament

Comment

1 game down and 2 to go for the Matilda's - need to be better though to nail a place in the round of 16.

England will be looking to pile on the runs in the first session on day 3 to obtain a 200 or so run lead and put Australia in sometime after Lunch - Currently England lead by 67 runs with 6 wickets in hand - Kiwi Stokes and Brook at the crease

Rain of a significant volume is predicted for the next 3 days in Manchester so Australia will be under the pump to bat out a draw as England will go all out for the win to level the series 2-2 for a 5th Test Decider.

Lucky the Aussie Women won the one off test as England levelled the Women's Ashes 8 points a piece by winning both the T-20 and ODI Series component 2 games to 1

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
            1 game down and 2 to go for the Matilda's - need to be better though to nail a place in the round of 16.

England will be looking to pile on the runs in the first session on day 3 to obtain a 200 or so run lead and put Australia in sometime after Lunch - Currently England lead by 67 runs with 6 wickets in hand - Kiwi Stokes and Brook at the crease

Rain of a significant volume is predicted for the next 3 days in Manchester so Australia will be under the pump to bat out a draw as England will go all out for the win to level the series 2-2 for a 5th Test Decider.

Lucky the Aussie Women won the one off test as England levelled the Women's Ashes 8 points a piece by winning both the T-20 and ODI Series component 2 games to 1
            We need the final two days to be completely washed out. No update score spoilers by the way Salvo

Comment

Both the matildas and the cricket team have been cruelled by dreaded calf injuries. The girls looked a bit rudderless without Sam and the poms are running over us since we lost Lyon and they brought Wood and Woakes in.
              Cummins looks like he has lost the plot with banging the ball into the pitch, top of off nipping the ball around is still the best option for taking wickets in cricket. Our bats look like deer in headlights against the pace of Wood and unless rain intervenes i think the poms will replicate Bradmans team to comeback from a 2 nil deficit and win the ashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                Both the matildas and the cricket team have been cruelled by dreaded calf injuries. The girls looked a bit rudderless without Sam and the poms are running over us since we lost Lyon and they brought Wood and Woakes in.
                Cummins looks like he has lost the plot with banging the ball into the pitch, top of off nipping the ball around is still the best option for taking wickets in cricket. Our bats look like deer in headlights against the pace of Wood and unless rain intervenes i think the poms will replicate Bradmans team to comeback from a 2 nil deficit and win the ashes.
                Unfortunately I think you’re right JB. Unless it rains for two days straight it will be 2 all n the tests and we’re then looking down the barrel of a 3-2 defeat.

Comment

A polite reminder this is The Womens World Cup thread Not the Ashes thread

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                    A polite reminder this is The Womens World Cup thread Not the Ashes thread
                    Hehe, sorry. My bad. We need an Ashes thread. Great win by the Matildas the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                      Hehe, sorry. My bad. We need an Ashes thread. Great win by the Matildas the other night.
                      Just so you know it’s raining in Manchester as we speak

Comment

I am devastated that my queen is injured

Comment

OMG China is playing Denmark and the Chinese national anthem is playing Just so good lol In case you missed it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCMV0Z...5zdHJ1bWVudGFs

Comment

Bit nail biting by the the Matilda’s , but those Irish girls were up for it and not pulling out of anything , can imagine if Sam played , six of ‘em woulda been kicking her on a regular basis, the Aussies need another decent replacement striker for when Sams out , Mary’s o.k but she just ain’t there yet

Comment

when too much sport is never enough. matildas will be playing nigeria on the other channel. big game for us - win and we're through to the next round; a loss or a draw and it will be difficult

Comment

Working...
                              X