Souths complaining - "We should be hosting first game at new stadium"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
    Can this be moved to the Souths section of the Roosters forum?
    Leave it here, doesn't bother me.

Comment

The Roosters have a right to exist.
      They were disadvantaged last season..as Mr Abdo said.
      If Souths are allowed to set up house at the new Allianz stadium...the Roosters should sue the SCGTrust/the Govt for the money Roosters sank into facilities at the complex that Souths would be using.

Comment

Fatso Richo has blood on his hands with this one. Ace administrator my ar$e. It all about him..........

Under the guise that a greater percentage of Vermin these days live outside their spiritual (more like spirits) base of the East, he sold his lot to that monstrosity at Homebush because the people running it guaranteed them $$$ each home game regardless of the crowd size i.e. corporate hospitality/sponsorship, advertising etc...

Now they want back?
        Get *^%#@$ i say. Can't have the cake and eat it!

Comment

Maybe the Roosters should train at the new training facility at Herron Park when it is finished, you know, the one that is funded by ratepayers and taxpayers, I'm sure they would be happy to share the publically funded facility.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

I was at a Roosters v Souths game once and a bloke had a banner that said Keep Australia Clean Put Souths In The Bin that was marvellous stuff it needs to make a comeback
            Was just going through my photo and meme archives and I found an OMO laundry powder one. The before photo is a Souths jersey and after washing it with OMO it becomes a Roosters one..there are rude words though and I don't have posting privileges. I also have one of a crying whiny baby wearing a Souths T-shirt..I had posted that quite a few times over the years on the old Wall. I can't find it online to share though but boy there is a whole world of awful ones out there...
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

It’s just killing Souths that we have this wonderful new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                It’s just killing Souths that we have this wonderful new stadium.
                Jan Brady strikes again..that youtube clip I posted was from an episode where Jan hid all of Marcia's trophies and awards because she was jealous...Souths may have won plenty decades ago but only one in the modern era (ie colour telly has been invented..) and that was a big stitch up all us sane people could see coming a mile off....

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Jan Brady strikes again..that youtube clip I posted was from an episode where Jan hid all of Marcia's trophies and awards because she was jealous...Souths may have won plenty decades ago but only one in the modern era (ie colour telly has been invented..) and that was a big stitch up all us sane people could see coming a mile off....
                  And may I add for the benefit of the younger forum fans, that the bulk of the Vermin's premierships were won under vastly different rules & requirements than nowadays.
                  For e.g.
                  - There were only 10 to 12 teams playing.
                  - Up until the early 60s (?) it was like the EPL - first past the post won the title. No play offs or deciders.

Their fans will always come back with 22 premierships however, the fact is, in the modern game 1 measly premiership in 50 years is totally inept and hopelessly unsuccessful imo.

Roosters on the other hand have competed in 8 GF's over the past 20 years.​ We did not win them all but unlike many other mediocre teams we've been consistently successful.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

And may I add for the benefit of the younger forum fans, that the bulk of the Vermin's premierships were won under vastly different rules & requirements than nowadays.
                    For e.g.
                    - Up until the early 60s (?) it was like the EPL - first past the post won the title. No play offs or deciders.

Their fans will always come back with 22 premierships however, the fact is, in the modern game 1 measly premiership in 50 years is totally inept and hopelessly unsuccessful imo.

Roosters on the other hand have competed in 8 GF's over the past 20 years.​ We did not win them all but unlike many other mediocre teams we've been consistently successful.
                    4 from eight GFs sounds pretty good to me!

It would take new souffs 200+ years to get 4.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

For e.g.

But successful in the fact that's all Russell Crowe has to brag about since he had claimed that they would win at least every second year once he took over...so it's going to be our 10 year anniversary next year and then in 2024 it will be theirs..but we've won twice since then too and back to back..Russell's plan didn't work out how he said it would...

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

But successful in the fact that's all Russell Crowe has to brag about since he had claimed that they would win at least every second year once he took over...so it's going to be our 10 year anniversary next year and then in 2024 it will be theirs..but we've won twice since then too and back to back..Russell's plan didn't work out how he said it would...
                        So we just had a 20yr celebration this year, a 10 yr next year, then a 50yr celebration the following years back to back.

it’s nice to be a roosters fan

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

So we just had a 20yr celebration this year, a 10 yr next year, then a 50yr celebration the following years back to back.

it’s nice to be a roosters fan
                          Isn't it just? ..my Roosters T-shirt draw is very very full...imagine a Souths T-shirt draw...total of 1 rattling around in there...no need for a draw at all..

Comment

According to today's DT article Souths could well be playing all their home games at Allianz Stadium from 2023...if they pay full whack, no 'mates rates', no 'sweetheart deals'.

It's an interesting article, but I can't link it...as the last site crash saw my desktop computer and the Pen site become incompatible.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                              According to today's DT article Souths could well be playing all their home games at Allianz Stadium from 2023...if they pay full whack, no 'mates rates', no 'sweetheart deals'.

It's an interesting article, but I can't link it...as the last site crash saw my desktop computer and the Pen site become incompatible.
                              So I gather we get some sort of discounted rate for using the Stadium whereas the Bunnies will be like any organisation trying to hire the venue and will have to pay full freight?

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

So I gather we get some sort of discounted rate for using the Stadium whereas the Bunnies will be like any organisation trying to hire the venue and will have to pay full freight?
                                No.
                                Souths now have a "lucrative contract" at Accor Stadium...and would have an "inferior contract" at Allianz Stadium.
                                A gap, in other words, between what they are paying now and what they would have to pay at Allianz.
                                Sports Minister said at meeting he would be open to Souths pursuing a move to Allianz, but it must come "at no expense to the taxpayer".
                                ie: no discount, Souths would have to pay "retail" the same as all hirers.
                                Souths would have to absorb the gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X