No announcement yet.

Tautau Moga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play him. The longer he waits to get onto the paddock the bigger the expectations will be and the more pressure will be on Moga to perform.

Chook.

Comment

Definitely play him. Waiting to see Moga debut is like being a kid and getting a new bike for xmas except you have ben told you are not allowed to olay with it until after New Years. I can't wait to see this kid play.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Chooks View Post
        Smith said he could of played monday but didn't want to put the that much pressure on him. So barring any relapse this week he should play Sunday!
        If this is the case I don't understand why Smith didn't simply name in on Tuesday.

Comment

I understand the club wont take any risks with his health but I'm dying to see the kid in action because from what I've heard from you guy's he's something special cant wait GO ROOSTERS

Comment

I think everyone needs to reign in their expectations of this kid a little bit. The guy is 18 years old. I would be very surprised if he sets the world on fire this year. We all saw what a player with first grade experience did to him last year when the 20's got knocked out of the semi's. I am not saying that he won't be a great player eventually but don't be surprised if he doesn't make an immediate imapact. BJ Leliua had the same sort of talent in the lower grades and he is still trying to find his feet in first grade. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes as much as the next man but lets not knock him down when he doesn't set the world on fire in his first few games.

Comment

Originally posted by und3rdogg View Post
              If this is the case I don't understand why Smith didn't simply name in on Tuesday.
              To me the team for Round 2 is just a copy and paste. I don't think Smithy could be bothered trying to meet the NRL deadline for team announcements as it was less than 24 hours after our game finished. I expect if Moga or SKD are fit, they will play, with Aubo back to the backrow and Guerra / Cordner to the bench. But like round 1 if Moga is not 100% fit he will not be risked as he's still only 18 and hasn't yet made his debut so there is no need to rush him.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                To me the team for Round 2 is just a copy and paste. I don't think Smithy could be bothered trying to meet the NRL deadline for team announcements as it was less than 24 hours after our game finished. I expect if Moga or SKD are fit, they will play, with Aubo back to the backrow and Guerra / Cordner to the bench. But like round 1 if Moga is not 100% fit he will not be risked as he's still only 18 and hasn't yet made his debut so there is no need to rush him.
                Moga should technically come in for J Carney

Comment

Originally posted by und3rdogg View Post
                  Imagine the media focus there'd be all week if he was named on Tuesday.

The best way to handle his debut is as quietly as possible and this is exactly what Smith is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetboy View Post
                    I think everyone needs to reign in their expectations of this kid a little bit. The guy is 18 years old. I would be very surprised if he sets the world on fire this year. We all saw what a player with first grade experience did to him last year when the 20's got knocked out of the semi's. I am not saying that he won't be a great player eventually but don't be surprised if he doesn't make an immediate imapact. BJ Leliua had the same sort of talent in the lower grades and he is still trying to find his feet in first grade. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes as much as the next man but lets not knock him down when he doesn't set the world on fire in his first few games.
                    Totally agree, this kid hasn't played 1 NRL game yet... He doesn't need this kind of pressure... I'd start him from the bench and bring him on after 30 mins...

Comment

I bet like BJ, when the kid gets a run, he plays on the wing.

Many have compared him to Folau. Remember Folau slipped into a GF team that was over the cap with a lot of rep players.

We are a very young team that's being moulded into a very good team. These things take time usually, as Planetboy said, don't build it all up too much, so often these things end in tears. Remember Sa??? He was gonna be the next SBW.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                        I bet like BJ, when the kid gets a run, he plays on the wing.

Many have compared him to Folau. Remember Folau slipped into a GF team that was over the cap with a lot of rep players.

We are a very young team that's being moulded into a very good team. These things take time usually, as Planetboy said, don't build it all up too much, so often these things end in tears. Remember Sa??? He was gonna be the next SBW.

I remember hearing Smith say this year Moga will be fighing for the wing spot with BJ.
                        IMO Smith will pick Mini Perrett SKD & Carney as the backs with like I said BJ & Moga playing for the other spot.

Comment

Late mail says we are 1 - 17, maybe he really will be playing for Newtown

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                            Late mail says we are 1 - 17, maybe he really will be playing for Newtown
                            Or maybe the journalist doesn't know sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
                              Or maybe the journalist doesn't know sh*t.
                              Exactly

I think Smithy has a policy of always telling the media we are 1 - 17

Comment

We won't know the run on team until midday Sunday at the earliest, just the way Smithy likes it!

Comment

Working...
                                X