X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brandon Smith the right type

I will start by acknowledging two things:
    1. I am likely swimming against the tide; and
    2. Brandon Smith is a very good footballer.
    However, his behaviour in general and particularly how he has acted in the negotiation of his new contract is a major breach of the Roosters No D&@k Head policy. This bloke could be cultural cancer.
    A developing Sam Verrills and Connor Watson would do me at hooker and invest the money in a new prop.

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
    However, his behaviour in general and particularly how he has acted in the negotiation of his new contract is a major breach of the Roosters No D&@k Head policy. This bloke could be cultural cancer.
    A developing Sam Verrills and Connor Watson would do me at hooker and invest the money in a new prop.
    I will chuck you a life jacket . Still time to get back on board . Robbo and Nik want him so good enough for me
    "You know who you are and who I mean so stay the hell away from me "

Comment

and invest the money in a new prop.
      Who?

Comment

I honestly don't see what he's done to be regarded as potential cultural cancer.

When has he ever given less than 100% on the field? He launches himself around the pitch with no regard for his long term health.

I view the Cheese as a ferocious on field competitor and an infectious personality off the field.

I think he's a great teammate. Seems like a Radley clone to me.

Comment

I would in years gone by generally agree with you.

There are some red flags with Smith.

But the one reason I am comfortable with it is Robbo.

Robbo is the Don Bradman of man management.

Not only that, it's clear that those who do become cultural cancers will shortly find themselves out of the team/club under Robbo, no matter how important they think they are (Latrell).

Re Watson, I suspect once Smith arrives it'll 100% be Verills as bench rake, with Watson designed to come in for almost anything else on the field and do a good job - except prop. In fact, with Watson able to play a convincing second row.

Comment

We bought SBW back in 2013 to help us win the Premiership
            We bought Cooper Cronk in 2018 to help us win the Premiership
            We have now bought Brandon Smith for 2023 to help us win the Premiership.

Smith is the ultimate competitor and will complement our forwards perfectly.
            Also his addition to an already amazing spine puts us on a whole new level!

Everyone around the league knows this hence why their are so many haters towards him all of a sudden..

We are blessed to follow this great club, always striving to be the best!
            Last edited by Lydon; 12-01-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Who?
              Not sure but we need a replacement for JWH and TKO in next 1 to 2 years. Young up-comers will still be green. Maybe save the cash for Haas or chase another.
              Last edited by The Marshall; 12-01-2021, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                I honestly don't see what he's done to be regarded as potential cultural cancer.

When has he ever given less than 100% on the field? He launches himself around the pitch with no regard for his long term health.

I view the Cheese as a ferocious on field competitor and an infectious personality off the field.

I think he's a great teammate. Seems like a Radley clone to me.
                Perhaps getting on the piss and being filmed snorting drugs, carrying on like a Pratt on the interview. If he didn’t sign with us the pen would be vilifying him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  We bought SBW back in 2013 to help us win the Premiership
                  We bought Cooper Cronk in 2018 to help us win the Premiership
                  We have now bought Brandon Smith for 2023 to help us win the Premiership.

Smith is the ultimate competitor and will complement our forwards perfectly.
                  Also his audition to an already amazing spine puts us on a whole new level!

Everyone around the league knows this hence why their are so many haters towards him all of a sudden..

We are blessed to follow this great club, always striving to be the best!
                  Sonny-Bill and Cronk struck me as a hell of a lot more professional than blue cheese.

Comment

I’m on the opposite side of the fence, I love what he brings as a person and the way he plays the game.

I still have reservations about just how good of a dummy half he is. I think his best position is as a roving forward but he’s clearly been signed as a dummy half.

Comment

Smith plays best as an extra forward not necessarily as a dummy half in my view- Not sure about this signing when the Chooks have Verrills and Watson signed for 2023 - Marschke and Lussick off contract in 2023.

I think people need to take stock as one player doesn't make the Chooks a big chance of a premiership in 2023 though- Melbourne play a different game to the Chooks - He is effective at the Storm fitting into their style of play - will he be just as effective playing the Chooks style
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 12-01-2021, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        He is effective at the Storm fitting into their style of play - will he be just as effective playing the Chooks style
                        I think you may be over-thinking this one. I'm very sure every NRL team would want the qualities that Smith brings to a team as a dummy half. It just so happens that the team that has him now also has Harry Grant who would be the no.1 hooker in the game (sorry Damien Cook).

Sam Walker & Luke Keary would be a big beneficiaries of having Brandon Smith at dummy half. Defenders would want numbers on all 3-and that creates a lot of space for others

Comment

Perhaps getting on the piss and being filmed snorting drugs, carrying on like a Pratt on the interview. If he didn’t sign with us the pen would be vilifying him.
                          When was he filmed snorting coke? There's coke in the room and some dude's dancing on a table in front of him but he's just sitting there minding his own business.

Comment

100%

The no dykhead policy seems to be only applicable to some.

Dont get me wrong, I would be very happy to see him in the RWB but if we have this policy, it needs to be adhered to.

Did we not go after TPJ because of this policy? Missed the boat on that one if you ask me.
                            Originally posted by Andrew Walker;n907331
                            Another imbecile who is mentally and intellectually beneath myself in every imaginable level.

Comment

He should not be shortlisted for any jobs in the diplomatic corps but he is welcome as a footballer.

Comment

Working...
                              X